"FSU RB suspect in alleged domestic assault" - MERGED

au75

The attorney representing the alleged victim in a domestic battery case involving Florida State University running back Karlos Williams says he has requested the Tallahassee Police Department to drop its investigation.

TPD sent out a news release Monday saying Williams, the Seminoles' leading rusher, was a suspect in a domestic battery case related to a Wednesday incident.

Tallahassee attorney Nathan Prince said he has informally told TPD to stop the investigation and today will formally submit a request terminate it. His client, he said, will not talk to investigators, has not filed a complaint and did not notify TPD or FSU about any alleged domestic battery incident.

Prince said the two used to be a couple and lived together. They have one child together and another on the way.

Prince said he doesn't believe there will be probable cause for Williams' arrest since there will be no witness testimony. He wouldn't comment on whether his client believes she was the victim of domestic violence or if she was harmed in a domestic violence incident.

"She doesn't want to make any comments on the facts of the case," Prince told the Democrat. "There aren't any witnesses that have provided testimony."

Prince said he believes someone alerted FSU and authorities after internet rumors started this weekend that Williams' girlfriend had been battered.

http://www.tallahass...ttery/18012209/

Looks like the rec counterpart at felony state university in tallaharassee is hard at work.

It is funny how any complaints against FSU football players get dropped almost immediately. Three of the latest, Winston's rape complaint; Winston's crablegs caper; and now Williams' domestic abuse complaint. Complaints made and then dropped. I'm not suspicious of any wrong doing or payoff at all.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A pretty nice analysis on Fisher and FSU's problems. Makes one wonder if anyone in the FSU President's office is paying any attention.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/10/28/florida-state-karlos-williams-jameis-winston-jimbo-fisher/18079975/

No real surprise by Jimbo...but he said today that Williams would play against Louisville despite the alleged domestic abuse and drug deal/robbery events. Class act.

A pretty nice analysis on Fisher and FSU's problems. Makes one wonder if anyone in the FSU President's office is paying any attention.

http://www.citizen-t...isher/18079975/

These kids were broken before they got there it isn't up to Jimbo to fix (notice I said fix they should lead and challenge them)them that is total horse crap and if anyone thinks they should that is a joke. However should they be allowed to play that is a different matter entirely

http://www.citizen-t...isher/18079975/

These kids were broken before they got there it isn't up to Jimbo to fix (notice I said fix they should lead and challenge them)them that is total horse crap and if anyone thinks they should that is a joke. However should they be allowed to play that is a different matter entirely

I agree with you - it's not the coaches job to fix these kids that are broken before they ever hit campus. It is the coaches job to discipline them when events happen while they are actively under scholarship. Bench them - pull their scholly - and don't praise them as "tremendous ambassadors" of your program when accusations are swirling around like a damn hurricane.

I can kind of buy into that. When I was in college who was supposed to make sure I was "becoming a man" and give me "guidance"? Nobody but my own damn self. At some point personal accountability is to be expected from these players just as it is for every regular student. I get that he's standing up for his guys. It's a huge pitch he can sell to kids that he is recruiting. His job is to win, and he's going to put the players in that he thinks give him the best chance.

That being said at some point you have to discipline your players, if for nothing else to avoid losing your team and having players no longer respect your authority.

Anybody remember when Chiz should've left Cam in Auburn for being late to the team bus because he didn't bring his ID to travel for a road game, but made the entire team wait for Cam? I'd bet if it was Terrell Zachary or Craig Stevens or someone the team would've left without him. Sure it's not the same as what Winston has done (not even on the same planet), but Chiz knew if he wanted to win he would have to bend some team rules. Which in the end was probably a huge part of his downfall.

I hope we are negatively recruiting the culture at FSU to the recruits parents.

*apologies for the rambling

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/10/28/florida-state-karlos-williams-jameis-winston-jimbo-fisher/18079975/

Not the FSU way to interfere with the football program. These star players like winston had no discipline in HS and they fit right in at FSU.

I do wonder if this title IX investigation and possible ncaa investigation are hurting FSUs search for a new president. They may not get a new president until all this is settled.

If the NCAA is really looking at FSU that will hurt their recruiting too.

FSU should ask USCw for advice on ncaa problems. They'll recommend they hire Lane Kiffin as their new HC.

I can kind of buy into that. When I was in college who was supposed to make sure I was "becoming a man" and give me "guidance"? Nobody but my own damn self. At some point personal accountability is to be expected from these players just as it is for every regular student. I get that he's standing up for his guys. It's a huge pitch he can sell to kids that he is recruiting. His job is to win, and he's going to put the players in that he thinks give him the best chance.

That being said at some point you have to discipline your players, if for nothing else to avoid losing your team and having players no longer respect your authority.

Anybody remember when Chiz should've left Cam in Auburn for being late to the team bus because he didn't bring his ID to travel for a road game, but made the entire team wait for Cam? I'd bet if it was Terrell Zachary or Craig Stevens or someone the team would've left without him. Sure it's not the same as what Winston has done (not even on the same planet), but Chiz knew if he wanted to win he would have to bend some team rules. Which in the end was probably a huge part of his downfall.

You may have more knowledge of the incident than I, but according to Chiz (in his book), he said: "let's go, we are not waiting" Some assistant coaches talked to Chiz about it, and while the discussion was taking place, Cam sprinted back with his ID.

You may have more knowledge of the incident than I, but according to Chiz (in his book), he said: "let's go, we are not waiting" Some assistant coaches talked to Chiz about it, and while the discussion was taking place, Cam sprinted back with his ID.

Star players have always gotten "special treatment" It will continue to be that way. I remember hearing stories of Jimmy Johnson, while he was coaching the cowboys, getting rid of players who fell asleep during team meetings. Now if that had been Aikman or Smith or someone else of that caliber that would never have taken place.

Archived