Recruting Season has started.....UGH!

DKW 86

From a Bama Board:

"I hope we still have a shot at Pegues...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...I think if he is given the shot at the position, he has the "potential" to be a Reggie Bush type guy."

Imagine, a RB recruit at Bama be compared to a Heisman Candidate. :rolleyes:

Every year, every single year, every qb they sign and every RB they sign will win the next Heisman. Every single year, without fail. I have had on air conversations with Finebaum about how EVERY RB they sign, and EVERY QB they sign will "obviously" win the Heisman. Thats right, their RB, and their QB, will both Win the Heisman in the same years. :rolleyes:

Poor ole Tyler Watts came into Bama with expectations so high it was said he "would win at least two Heismans." He was likely destroyed with all the over the top expectations. But every year they start the same crap all over again.

They never learn. They then inflict this bogus, BS on the rest of the SEC and Nation while they drink the....

kool-aid.jpg

From the same thread...

So if he (Sharrief) could play the position he wants to at the barn, he'd still be on course to become a barn dweller? Nice. "Sorry Sharrief, we're just so "loaded" now that we finally had one good season in the past decade."

Decade, Funny you would say that...I know that in the last 7 years Bama is about 4-5 games above .500. They accomplished this feat "with some of the best recruits Big Money could buy." Just ask the NCAA and your own Administration.

I believe in the same period, including 98, we are 21+. We accomplished that while having the CTB crash and rebuilding too. We have both won one SEC Title too BTW.

From the same thread...
So if he (Sharrief) could play the position he wants to at the barn, he'd still be on course to become a barn dweller? Nice. "Sorry Sharrief, we're just so "loaded" now that we finally had one good season in the past decade."

Decade, Funny you would say that...I know that in the last 7 years Bama is about 4-5 games above .500. They accomplished this feat "with some of the best recruits Big Money could buy." Just ask the NCAA and your own Administration.

I believe in the same period, including 98, we are 21+. We accomplished that while having the CTB crash and rebuilding too. We have both won one SEC Title too BTW.

131299[/snapback]

...and we have tied for the West, what, 4-5 times...been in the SECCG 3 times

Following recruiting just gives me a headache...makes me glad I like college basketball. I don't remember how many Willie Williams threads I saw last year, but it was too many.

Interesting, over the last 7 years david...you guys have as many SEC championships as us too...

Been a while since you showed us that Anti-Bama chip on your shoulder...some things never change I guess.

Heaven forbid bama fans get excited about the "potential" of some big time recruits.

Hey, when's the last time AU had a heisman trophy winner? Does that mean if they EVER mention a guy in the same breath as reggie bush they are idiots too?

Geez man, fans are fans. Of COURSE they are going to get all excited about big time recruits. But its not like we are the ONLY people who get fired up about recruits. When a guy like Tyler Watts comes in rated the number 3 QB or whatever in the nation, you are going to get excited. If a guy is all WORLD in high school...why would you not? If the recruiting services rank the guy as highly as they do...why would you not?

Hell I keep hearing every AU fan in the world talking about Blackmon...what if he sucks? You guys dont know...so why keep getting excited about him? (oh yeah, because you're AU fans...do as we say...not as we do)

BG...how long do you have to keep that ugly ass picture on your sig??? Not only are you an Alabama fan...but you have a picture of an LSU player also...

Come on man...one sin is bad enough :big:

BG, it is not you nor anyone on this board that said those things. It is just past the point of funny how EVERY SINGLE recruit you guys get (with some Bama fans) is always the next whatever...

Cant have a great class, or a very good class, or even just a good class. They have to blow-up every recruit until the poor kid can never measure upto the hype. That kind of crap never does any good to the 18 year old mind. And I pump as much sunshine as anyone here, but recruiting is a mystery science at best.

I do not see why everyone is freaking out over kids that havent played a down of football yet.

Let the kids develop and then see what happens. Sharrief may be the next Reggie Bush for all I know. But hyping a kid cant raise his speed, his grades, etc. It simply does no good to create all these unrealistic expectations.

I have said for years, the grave yard at the end of B-D Stadium is to bury all those Top Recruits that never pan out.

It's funny to listen to the heisman hype from the Bama fans because they are just as quick to defend their lack of any hardware with this old chestnut:

"At Bama, it's all about the team, we don't need individual awards like the Hypesman."

:rolleyes:

It's funny to listen to the heisman hype from the Bama fans because they are just as quick to defend their lack of any hardware with this old chestnut:

"At Bama, it's all about the team, we don't need individual awards like the Hypesman."

131353[/snapback]

They would give an arm and a leg to get a Heisman.

131353[/snapback]

They would give an arm and a leg to get a Heisman.

131355[/snapback]

Why not just use the old faithful briefcase full of $$$$ that lands 'em recruits to BUY a Heisman? :big:

Let me make one thing clear right now.

If AUBURN could win consistently like they did this year I for one wouldn't care if they ever won another Heisman.

With that said, I will add two things. (1) Jason Campbell should have had an invite to New York for the Heisman Awards. He certainly had a Heisman year and numbers. And he was very important to his team. (2) If AU had made the effort and decision to promote Carnell, he might very well have had Heisman type numbers.

If AUBURN could win consistently like they did this year I for one wouldn't care if they ever won another Heisman

I totally agree. Individual awards are nice and everything but winning championships is far more important.

i keep telling you people that all bammerboobs should be neutered at birth so they could not continue producing genetically delusional offspring that,at best,can only hope to accomplish the simplest functions required to sustain a hopelessly meager life......who needs eddie murphy or jeff foxworthy?....we have multitudes of comedians to make us laugh, and they are free to the public.....we have the bammerboobs for entertainment.....so very sad

The funniest things I have ever seen have come off of the recruiting 'services'.

All of a sudden a 3-star kid that wouldn't play RB at Auburn is worthy of being compared to Reggie Bush? Good one bammers. I assure you if he was deserving of that comparison, Auburn wouldn't have told him that he would probably be switching to DB.

Seeing this reminds me of when Carnell was a 5-star, #2 RB in the nation until he put on an Auburn hat, and then all of a sudden he became 3 star and was 'one of the better RBs in Alabama' according to Forrest Davis.

Everybody wants to pump up their class of recruits, and we're all guilty of that. It just seems to happen waaaaaaaay to frequently that these kid's abilities and potential change dramatically as soon as they either give a verbal to or eliminate 'tha thad' from their list. It really is laughable.

The funniest things I have ever seen have come off of the recruiting 'services'.

All of a sudden a 3-star kid that wouldn't play RB at Auburn is worthy of being compared to Reggie Bush? Good one bammers. I assure you if he was deserving of that comparison, Auburn wouldn't have told him that he would probably be switching to DB.

Seeing this reminds me of when Carnell was a 5-star, #2 RB in the nation until he put on an Auburn hat, and then all of a sudden he became 3 star and was 'one of the better RBs in Alabama' according to Forrest Davis.

Everybody wants to pump up their class of recruits, and we're all guilty of that. It just seems to happen waaaaaaaay to frequently that these kid's abilities and potential change dramatically as soon as they either give a verbal to or eliminate 'tha thad' from their list. It really is laughable.

131404[/snapback]

As this thread illustrates, we unfortunately aren't immune to that :(

Archived