Oxford...Who has been?

Ravad

My impression was that it was a very pleasant away trip. Very laid back. Traffic is virtually non-existant on the way in and even a good bit on the way out, though we parked off campus and took the shuttle down to the grove. The tailgating is really neat but way too laid back for my taste. Didn't really see anyone getting down or getting really pumped up about the game. People sipped drinks, ate a little bit, watched some football games, talked, and then decided to stroll on over for the game. No cheering, no pumping up. It was a little strange coming from Auburn where the campus is brimming with excitment and electricity for a big game for hours before kickoff. Pretty venue though, especially in the Grove and the circle which is where we were. The people were cordial but had that "we're classier and better than you" vibe. Alot of these people think their tailgating is the cat's meow. I've seen a much more fun tailgating atmosphere at Alabama, Georgia, and of course Auburn.

Stadium is nice but certainly not impressive. Of course, being only in the 60-65,000 attendance range limits you. It got decently loud at times, especially as it got towards the end but never really blew you away. The sound system is abysmal - worse than Auburn's overall - could not hear the refs at all and they have a huge speaker set up in one of the corners that just pumps band music the whole game which is annoying. Band is alright, not any better than anyone else's.

Worth the trip for sure, especially considering how easy it was to get in and out of town as compared to most other SEC schools but not necessarily in the top tier of away visits I must say. I will say that I never ran into any trouble with the drink situation - kept everything in a cup and no problems. Their fans were bitter and jacka$$e$ after the game but I can understand why.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned Kentucky and I clearly stated that the gameday experience was not the best in the world or the stadium, but if you can't enjoy a trip up there and back you have problems. It's not all about drinking and the stadium, and yes I do drink. For me it is the whole experience. I have been there twice and also to Vandy stadium and again it's the whole experience. If you can't enjoy Nashville you are very different from me.

Also, that same person must hate whiskey. It's impossible to hate those places and still love whiskey. Hating whiskey makes me sad.

And they also must hate beautiful women. Its impossible to hate the grove and still love beautiful women. Hating beautiful women makes ME sad.

:bow:/>

I love Auburn with every beat of my heart, BUT if there is a place more graced with beautiful women than Auburn, it is Oxford, Mississippi. The truthe is just the truth.

I mentioned Kentucky and I clearly stated that the gameday experience was not the best in the world or the stadium, but if you can't enjoy a trip up there and back you have problems. It's not all about drinking and the stadium, and yes I do drink. For me it is the whole experience. I have been there twice and also to Vandy stadium and again it's the whole experience. If you can't enjoy Nashville you are very different from me.

I'm the one that mentioned Kentucky. I absolutely loved me trip up there, and that was when they were terrible (well, we made them look good at least during the Cam year.) I absolutely would have went there if I didn't go to Auburn, and I'm not even a basketball fan!

I'm the one that mentioned Kentucky. I absolutely loved me trip up there, and that was when they were terrible (well, we made them look good at least during the Cam year.) I absolutely would have went there if I didn't go to Auburn, and I'm not even a basketball fan!

"... loved me trip ..."

After that, i read the rest of your post like a lucky charms commercial.

:)

Archived