Jameis Winston Shaving Points?

around4ever

This is the same blogger who broke the Tajh Boyd gambling story last year that raised enough questions with the NFL that they wanted nothing to do with him. He is playing in a Fall Experimental League. http://ibnsportswrap.com/article.php?articleID=1716

http://ibnsportswrap.com/article.php?articleID=1716

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way he played in the first half of the Louisville game sure does raise suspicions. There was a marked difference in his performance in the first half and second half. He is a joke. But he has integrity and does things the right way.

The way he played in the first half of the Louisville game sure does raise suspicions. There was a marked difference in his performance in the first half and second half. He is a joke. But he has integrity and does things the right way.

The Louisville game wasn't the first game he's had like that this year either. There have been a few and it definitely raises suspicions.

It wouldn't surprise me but would make more sense if they got the lead but then he just didn't perform to cover the points. He can't guarantee when they are behind they will get a lead as too much else can affect that.

It wouldn't surprise me but would make more sense if they got the lead but then he just didn't perform to cover the points. He can't guarantee when they are behind they will get a lead as too much else can affect that.

I'm not sure what the line was but I guessing it was less than 7. That would be too close to try to play not to cover. Like you said, anything could happen to affect that. The first half would be safer.

this dude thinks he can do or get away with anything. nothing would surprise me. i dont think a bookie would roll on himself though, so i think this dies.

this dude thinks he can do or get away with anything. nothing would surprise me. i dont think a bookie would roll on himself though, so i think this dies.

The bookie was the target not the accomplice. He will roll on Winston and possibly already has. A plea bargain for the feds to get Winston and reduce his charges might make the bookie talk.

The bookie was the target not the accomplice. He will roll on Winston and possibly already has. A plea bargain for the feds to get Winston and reduce his charges might make the bookie talk.

i must have understood it wrong. I thought the bookie is the whistleblower. i will reread.

If anybody at FSU has any sense, much less ethics they would sit this character now. Their entire athletic program could be in jeopardy, not just some football wins and trophies in a glass case.

They are in too deep now and have the bunker mentality. If FSU's compliance coordinator is being over ruled, he or she better be keeping some very good records.

The Birmingham bookie is the one providing the info on Chris Rabb...

1. The bookie is mighty bold or just really stupid to go public with info like this - gambling and book making is illegal in Alabama

2. The bookie just released one of his "customers" names publically and raised questions about point shaving without any real evidence that JW did anything wrong

3. The bookie "said" he thought Chris Rabb and JW shared an online betting account since October but had no proof

4. I've never heard of a bookie that wants to meet up with a bettor to get the cash wagered up front prior to kickoff.

Lotta "coincidental" stuff going on and something sounds a little fishy to me.

Now, I wouldn't out anything past Winston -the kid has no moral compass. But, for a bookie to give out public info about his a buisness he's operating illegally in this state and then to basically slander another individual by insinuating that he's shaving points is beyond stupid IMO.

#4. Is the only point i must disagree on. I know/ knew 3 bookies very well. They would set limits and only take Big bets up front to protect themselves. As trust is built the limits grow and the need to front cash would lessen. But bookies breaking legs is mostly mythical nowadays. People get hooked try to desperately climb out then realize they owe a couple grand they don't have. You can't recover that.

#4. Is the only point i must disagree on. I know/ knew 3 bookies very well. They would set limits and only take Big bets up front to protect themselves. As trust is built the limits grow and the need to front cash would lessen. But bookies breaking legs is mostly mythical nowadays. People get hooked try to desperately climb out then realize they owe a couple grand they don't have. You can't recover that.

I suppose #4 is questionable, especially when dealing with the younger crowd, i.e. someone Winston's age would probably be around 20-21 yrs old and I could see the bookie wanting some front $$ in the larger bets.

I've just been betting so long that my "man" will take damn near any wager I place, he knows I'm good for it. Just part of doing buisness with the same fella since my college days, which was sadly a long time ago.

Also, even if not the case here. In college my friend and I would bet with a bookie and place bets per half. ie, a set spread or over/under per half. In this case he would dive in the first half, then play however he wanted to in the second

Well it will all come out eventually one way or the other. Most of the points shaving is done in games that are off the radar. A high profile game would invite a lot of attention. I can guarantee there will be a lot more scrutiny on FSU games from here on out. Art Schlicter got busted for gambling and got tossed out of the NFL. If Jameis did do that, it won't work in the pro ranks. If he tries that there he will be out of the league and in prison

I suppose #4 is questionable, especially when dealing with the younger crowd, i.e. someone Winston's age would probably be around 20-21 yrs old and I could see the bookie wanting some front $$ in the larger bets.

I've just been betting so long that my "man" will take damn near any wager I place, he knows I'm good for it. Just part of doing buisness with the same fella since my college days, which was sadly a long time ago.

exactly. I bet for ten years but have haven't done much at all in the past ten. I usually bet 25-100$ on games. Once i bet 650$.(on bammer vs LSU i just knew bammer would bust them). I offered to front the$ but i was already up a couple hundred for the week so he took it. I knew he wouldn't for anybody. He told me that winning was easy on bookies, collecting was the challenge.

Without even reading the FSU forums, I know they are blaming all this on the Bammers and their REC. They may be correct in some cases.

Also, even if not the case here. In college my friend and I would bet with a bookie and place bets per half. ie, a set spread or over/under per half. In this case he would dive in the first half, then play however he wanted to in the second

Years and years ago i quizzed a bookie friend of mine on how he enjoyed the games over a particular weekend. He commented he never gets to watch as he is constantly booking bets on the halftime numbers.

I must say this is quite educational for me. Being one that doesn't place bets with bookies , just the occasional bet with a friend, I honestly had no idea how it worked. Pretty interesting stuff.

Years and years ago i quizzed a bookie friend of mine on how he enjoyed the games over a particular weekend. He commented he never gets to watch as he is constantly booking bets on the halftime numbers.

i have sat with my bookie for half a Saturday and it is brutal. He was a bammer fan but after so many years he got to the point of not caring at all as a fan. It was all business. He got clobbered a couple years ago and quit. Just startd back this year. The bammer Notre dame game finished him off i think. He held all the last few years.

I played poker at a game held by a bigger bookie. Sunday and Monday nights. He would write 5000$bets on a napkin while playing holdem.

Archived