Jameis Winston Shaving Points?

around4ever

Not sure what to believe but a coworker is saying bookies can set up legally in Alabama now. I been out of the loop but still doubt it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember the kid from AU caught doing funny stuff on the basketball court....it's not that hard to convince a kid with marginal ethics that "we aren't asking you to lose the game....and nobody really gets hurt" .

That argument for point shaving goes back to the 1950s which I can still remember at several major schools, including Miss State and UK. Theidea of betting on half-time scores really makes the sell easier doesn't it.?

Remember the kid from AU caught doing funny stuff on the basketball court....it's not that hard to convince a kid with marginal ethics that "we aren't asking you to lose the game....and nobody really gets hurt" .

That argument for point shaving goes back to the 1950s which I can still remember at several major schools, including Miss State and UK. Theidea of betting on half-time scores really makes the sell easier doesn't it.?

Everybody should watch the ESPN 30 for 30 on Boston College's point shaving scandal. Fascinating stuff, and it provides some food for thought on how kids sometimes get into this situations.

Now, if the details of this deal are even remotely true, then yeah, sounds like the scam was the kids' idea. And that's a totally different situation, and one I've never heard of before.

Not sure what to believe but a coworker is saying bookies can set up legally in Alabama now. I been out of the loop but still doubt it.

I've used two guys in Alabama for years - they've both opened online sites and you open an account with 'em and wager accordingly - pay up is still Tuesdays, all cash, limits are at the descretion of the bookie of course and are agreed upon in advance.

I've used two guys in Alabama for years - they've both opened online sites and you open an account with 'em and wager accordingly - pay up is still Tuesdays, all cash, limits are at the descretion of the bookie of course and are agreed upon in advance.

is it legal?

is it legal?

The first rule of Alabama gambling club... :)

Without even reading the FSU forums, I know they are blaming all this on the Bammers and their REC. They may be correct in some cases.

If the bookie is out of Bammerham, I think that would be a safe bet

:rimshot:

Without even reading the FSU forums, I know they are blaming all this on the Bammers and their REC. They may be correct in some cases.

If the bookie is out of Bammerham, I think that would be a safe bet

:rimshot:

I brought this up somewhere else and that was the exact reaction I got.

If anybody at FSU has any sense, much less ethics they would sit this character now. Their entire athletic program could be in jeopardy, not just some football wins and trophies in a glass case.

They are in too deep now and have the bunker mentality. If FSU's compliance coordinator is being over ruled, he or she better be keeping some very good records.

Ala Penn State? "If we do not learn from our mistakes, we are doomed to repeat them."

I didn't realize that the Chris Rabb who played at Hueytown with Winston and is accused of making this bet, is a Defensive End on the UAB Football Team. UAB is investigating his participation in this allegation.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/11/jameis_winston_chris_rabb_poin.html

I didn't realize that the Chris Rabb who played at Hueytown with Winston and is accused of making this bet, is a Defensive End on the UAB Football Team. UAB is investigating his participation in this allegation.

http://www.al.com/sp..._rabb_poin.html

Did not know that either till now. Will UAB bench him?

http://www.al.com/sp..._rabb_poin.html

Did not know that either till now. Will UAB bench him?

B'ham TV station reported at 5pm that he would play.

Thoughts on some "what ifs". Rabb has known Winston for a long time. He probably knows a lot about Winston and his transgressions. What if Rabb had some gambling debt that he was being pressured to pay? What if he goes to Winston and says if you want me to keep quiet, you need to help me out? Winston may not have been a willing accomplice but was being threatened and/or blackmailed by Rabb.

Thoughts on some "what ifs". Rabb has known Winston for a long time. He probably knows a lot about Winston and his transgressions. What if Rabb had some gambling debt that he was being pressured to pay? What if he goes to Winston and says if you want me to keep quiet, you need to help me out? Winston may not have been a willing accomplice but was being threatened and/or blackmailed by Rabb.

Willing accomplice or not, if true, he still did it. That leads to the question of what sort of transgressions would he have that would cause him to go along with that? Points shaving is a very big deal and to participate would imply that you have things that are worse you don't want coming to light. This could cost him any future in the NFL.

Willing accomplice or not, if true, he still did it. That leads to the question of what sort of transgressions would he have that would cause him to go along with that? Points shaving is a very big deal and to participate would imply that you have things that are worse you don't want coming to light. This could cost him any future in the NFL.

That would be sweet justice.

I think this story is going to gain more traction and, if true, be the ultimate undoing of famous jameis.

There's just so much ugliness surrounding JW. He can't be innocent of all of it. Normal law abiding people don't have these kinds of disturbing rumors following them around because they aren't involved in criminal behavior. There's a darkness about JW and his behavior that keeps popping up.....there must be a reason for that.

I think this story is going to gain more traction and, if true, be the ultimate undoing of famous jameis.

There's just so much ugliness surrounding JW. He can't be innocent of all of it. Normal law abiding people don't have these kinds of disturbing rumors following them around because they aren't involved in criminal behavior. There's a darkness about JW and his behavior that keeps popping up.....there must be a reason for that.

Completely agree with your post...

I'd like to know where does a college student get 5K from to lay a bet? I should've attended UAB!

Yeah, and had front the cash to the bookie prior to placing the bet. Weird huh?

Archived