Looking ahead...

DoubleX

Alright, 2014 is over and done with it. Might as well start looking at next year's bunch. What do you think our starting lineups will look like?

OFFENSE

QB Jeremy Johnson

RB Roc Thomas/Jovon Robinson

WR Duke Williams/Sammie Coates *(Big uncertainty due to NFL Draft)

WR Ricardo Louis

WR Melvin Ray/Marcus Davis

T Shon Coleman/Golson

T Pat Miller/Smith

G Avery Young

G Devonte Danzey (I'm assuming Kozan won't be able to play. His back is a serious issue)

C Xavier Dampeer

DEFENSE (assuming we go to 4-3)

DE Carl Lawson

DE Elijah Daniel

DT Montravious Adams

DT DaVonte Lambert

OLB Kris Frost

MLB Cassanova McKinzy

OLB Anthony Swain

CB Jonathan Jones

CB Josh Holsey

S Derrick Moncrief

S Rudy Ford

What do you think?

I think Mathews loks down a safety spot.

I agree. He's a day 1 starter. Our secondary is less than average. I think people keep forgetting how good he is.

He and Lawson will make whatever coordinator hire we make look good.

I am assuming Kozan will play

I've heard he won't be cleared for contact until at least August. Hard to see him contributing if that's the case.

I've heard he won't be cleared for contact until at least August. Hard to see him contributing if that's the case.

It would d

It would depend on if he is fully cleared. If he can do everything and go through the full practice he should be fine. His ability to contribute would depend more on when he can start working out and how long it takes him to get back into playing shape.

Agreed Matthews is a future pro. But Lambert is an end

Hasn't he played inside before, though? We need help there.

No not really. He's more consistent than Daniel at end. I think Daniel would move inside more than Lambert. I think the kid we flipped from Georgia..Russell has a good shot at tackle as well.

Speculation is that Frost, McKinzy and Young may leave early not just Coates and Duke...

Speculation, but that would kill us at linebacker and really hurt the team

Wow that is dissapointing.

Speculation is that Frost, McKinzy and Young may leave early not just Coates and Duke...

Not trying to bash any players but Frost and McKinzy need to prove themselves as capable SEC linebackers before they even think about the NFL. Jeez...

If Golson proves to be a great fit at LT I could see Shon moving to RT or even LG due to his athletic ability in the run game. I think we have some good talent in the D backfield that just needs some serious coaching (teaching). I do think Tray will be a player come next year. I also would not rule out Barber in the backfield from all they reports I have heard. I could see any of 4 RBs in play. Even if Kozan gets back early summer it will take a while to get back to D1 form. I will be pulling for him, he has some extreme talent. Big question on offense will be at center, not because Dampier is not good but it takes time to get to the level that Reese was at the last two years at making the calls from the line. I think JJ will be even better than most believe.. Do hope we go back to the 4-3 and work on multiple fronts to disguise the blitz. I would like for us to get the rep that Mizz has had on defensive sacks for the last two years. WDE

My Depht Chart Next Year

QB Johnson,White

RB Barber,Pettway

Jet Thomas,Truitt

HB Mitchell

WR Coates,Ray,Walker

WR Williams,Denson,Burton

Slot Davis,Stevens

Jet WR Louis,Wallace

TE Braden Smith,Laye

LT Golson,Adams

LG Coleman,Dansey

C Kozan,Dampeer

RG Young,Diamond

RT Miller,Leff

LE Lawson,Kennion,Thorton

DT Lambert,Lawerence,Nero

NT Adams,Niles,Russell

RE Daniel,Williams,President

LB Frost,Garrett,Mitchell

LB Williams,Davis,Harding

LB McKinzy,Swain,Toney

CB Jones,Ruffin,Bessent

FS Matthews,Ford,Turner

SS Moncrief,Alexander,Boston

CB Holsey,Davis

NB Melton,Roberts

Incoming Guys Likely To Start

RB Robinson

HB Cox

My Depht Chart Next Year

QB Johnson,White

RB Barber,Pettway

Jet Thomas,Truitt

HB Mitchell

WR Coates,Ray,Walker

WR Williams,Denson,Burton

Slot Davis,Stevens

Jet WR Louis,Wallace

TE Braden Smith,Laye

LT Golson,Adams

LG Coleman,Dansey

C Kozan,Dampeer

RG Young,Diamond

RT Miller,Leff

LE Lawson,Kennion,Thorton

DT Lambert,Lawerence,Nero

NT Adams,Niles,Russell

RE Daniel,Williams,President

LB Frost,Garrett,Mitchell

LB Williams,Davis,Harding

LB McKinzy,Swain,Toney

CB Jones,Ruffin,Bessent

FS Matthews,Ford,Turner

SS Moncrief,Alexander,Boston

CB Holsey,Davis

NB Melton,Roberts

Incoming Guys Likely To Start

RB Robinson

HB Cox

Thanks but some mistakes in your lineup. Smith doesn't play tight end, he's an offensive lineman. If he plays te then it's probably a trick play. I doubt they get him all year bulking up and then ask him to lose it for next year. and Lambert is a defensive end.

Uh, unless somebody knows something differently, (or changed from I dunno last week lets say), Kozan will get some light work in Spring but is on track to play and play well in the fall.

That's great news.Hope he can get back to the player he was before the injury.

Not trying to bash any players but Frost and McKinzy need to prove themselves as capable SEC linebackers before they even think about the NFL. Jeez...

+1 on Frost. McKinzy played decent I suppose but I am not a Frost fan at the moment. Saw him get swallowed up in the play, blocked or just be plain out of position too many times this past season.

I agree both guys need another year. I don't think either has a chance of going in the first 4-5 rounds. They should stay.

Archived