Are you big enough as a person to...

DKW 86

Post something funny that someone on your side of the aisle has said?

Really, i want everyone to do your best to post up what someone you agree with said that was jaw-dropping-ly stupid or over the top.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Example:

http://www.snopes.co...tes/guamtip.asp

Senator Frank Johnson D-GA thinks that if we position 8K Marines on the Island of Guam..."IT IS GONNA TIP OVER AND CAPSIZE!"

http://www.newsobser...s-targeted.html

"I am the senator. You are the citizen. You need to be quiet." State Senator Tommy Tucker R-NC

http://blog.clevelan...ver_said_b.html

Department of cold showers

Republican

"The U.S. Senate is a special place. I love all of you and especially your wives." -- Strom Thurmond, U.S. senator from South Carolina

Democrat

"I would never approach a small-breasted woman." -- President Clinton, denying that he had sexually harassed Kathleen Willey

Strongly against making sense

Republican

"Desert Storm was a stirring victory for the forces of aggression and lawlessness." -- Vice President Dan Quayle

Democrat

"We will not close any bases that are not needed." -- Les Aspin, secretary of defense

Do you know who I am?

Republican

"It's not your job to stop me for speeding." -- Darrell Issa, Cleveland native and U.S. representative from California, after a border patrol officer stopped him going 90 mph through an interstate construction zone

Democrat

"I could be an incredible voice in the Senate. Why? Because the media will cover me every single day." -- Jerry Springer

Hasta la vista, Hispanic votes

Republican

"I don't understand how they can call me anti-Latino when I've made four movies in Mexico." -- California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger

Democrat

"Do you own sombreros? Do you know the Mexican hat dance?" -- Sidney Yates, U.S. representative from Illinois, addressing Hispanic high school students

We'll have what they're having

Republican

"There are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know." -- Donald Rumsfeld, secretary of defense

Democrat

"In our soul's magnificence, we become conscious of the cosmos within us. We hear the music of peace, we hear the music of cooperation, we hear the music of love. In our soul's forgetting, we become unconscious of our cosmic birthright, blighted with disharmony, disunity, torn asunder for the stars in a disaster." -- U.S. Rep. Dennis Kucinich

Careful what you wish for

Republican

"I think that gay marriage should be between a man and a woman." -- Schwarzenegger

Democrat

"I am working for the time when unqualified blacks, browns and women join the unqualified men in running the government." -- Frances "Sissy" Farenthold, Texas state representative

Don't let the facts get in the way

Republican

"For a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times." -- President Bush, a history major

Democrat

"If the King's English was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me." -- Miriam "Ma" Ferguson, Texas governor

Depends what "is" is

Republican

"Only one thing would be worse than the status quo. And that would be for the status quo to become the norm." -- Elizabeth Dole, U.S. senator from North Carolina

Democrat

"This isn't rocket science here." -- Tom Daschle, U.S. senator from South Dakota, denouncing spending on space-based missile defense

What a country!

Republican

"We're no longer a superpower. We're a super-duper power." -- Tom DeLay, U.S. representative from Texas

Democrat

"In America, anybody may become president, and I suppose it's just one of the risks you take." -- Adlai Stevenson two-time Democratic presidential nominee

Department of misogyny

Republican

"Women are best suited for secretarial work, decorating cakes and counter sales, like selling lingerie." -- Larry Koon, South Carolina state representative

Democrat

"I am not a chauvinist, obviously. . . . I believe in women's rights for every woman but my own." -- Harold Washington, mayor of Chicago

You're joking, yes?

Republican

"I think incest can be handled as a family matter within the family." -- Jay Dickey Jr., U.S. representative from Arkansas

Democrat

"Schwarzenegger is going to find out that, unlike a Hollywood movie set, the bullets coming at him in this campaign are going to be real bullets." -- Bob Mulholland, campaign adviser for the California Democratic Party

Wow, can you believe it?

Republican

"Do you have blacks, too?" -- President Bush, to Fernando Cardoso, president of Brazil

Democrat

"These people are just like us. They love their children and keep themselves clean." -- Paul Hardy, Louisiana gubernatorial candidate, after visiting a housing project in New Orleans

This thread could last for as long as politicians exist.

The point is that we all need to recognize that stupidity reigns on both sides of the aisle.

And this is just pols, not the fools in the media.

It's not just stupidity, like saying there are 57 states, or that Charleston and Savannah are gulf coast ports, but how a willing MSM can turn a innocent comment and turn into something the individual did NOT say.

Then there's the question of when someone was intentionally trying to be funny vs. when they are funny because they are being stupid.

For example, I suspect the Adlai Stevenson quote--"In America, anybody may become president, and I suppose it's just one of the risks you take."--was intended as a joke. I can imagine it coming from the mouth of Mark Twain or Will Rogers.

So I thought a

might be better.

Sister, you actually are more macho than most on this board.

Do you realize that you were the only one to even try and post something?

<hat tip>

"If something is being done on a secret basis in national security, that's a great reason for elected officials to not talk about it. And that's a great way to shirk accountability for it with the public."

Rachel Maddow

Brainy quotes count right?

"If you begin to give people hope that there is a brighter future, there is a new tomorrow, then the people who were yesterday's terrorists become tomorrow's elected officials and they're part of the system."

John Shelby Spong

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Mark Twain

Foresight? Speaking to the forum?

So I thought a

might be better.

Sister, you actually are macho than most on this board.

Do you realize that you were the only one to even try and post something?

<hat tip>

;D

Archived