Two questions....

CrimsonPirate

Does Jerald Watson have a future as a player with Auburn? He'll be a sophomore in 2005. I covered Jerald in high school for our local paper and was wondering about Auburn's plans for him.

Secondly, there is a rumor, I repeat, a rumor down here in Louisiana that Tuberville is a candidate to replace Saban at LSU, should Nick bolt for the Dolphins. Is it just a rumor? I can't see it, myself.

Does Jerald Watson have a future as a player with Auburn? He'll be a sophomore in 2005. I covered Jerald in high school for our local paper and was wondering about Auburn's plans for him.

Secondly, there is a rumor, I repeat, a rumor down here in Louisiana that Tuberville is a candidate to replace Saban at LSU, should Nick bolt for the Dolphins. Is it just a rumor? I can't see it, myself.

132847[/snapback]

I haven't seen much of Watson, but have big hopes for him. What do you think based on his play in high school?

I can't see LSU folks warming to Tubs too easily. Also, I don't think they'd be too keen on paying his 3 million dollar buy-out. I doubt he's going anywhere.

I haven't seen much of Watson, but have big hopes for him.  What do you think based on his play in high school?

I can't see LSU folks warming to Tubs too easily.  Also, I don't think they'd be too keen on paying his 3 million dollar buy-out.  I doubt he's going anywhere.

132848[/snapback]

Jerald was one of the best RBs I ever saw play. He started with the varsity in the 8th grade. Played defense, too. I figured he might be too small to be a big-time SEC running back but thought he could play DB or be a return man. He's dang fast!

I agree with you on Tuberville. I just can't see LSU fans and Tubs together. But, you never know. Stranger things have happened.

BTW, I don't remember if I came over after the Iron Bowl, but I offer my congratulations now on that win and going 12-0. Perfect in the SEC ain't easy. You should have a shot at OU in the Oraange Bowl, but it seems the BCS is determined to screw over at least one team a year. Good luck in the Sugar.

Tuberville's not going to put his family through all that emotional stress just to jump to another SEC West school...not after what all ended just 10 months ago. And not to mention how bad those cajuns hate him.

The only thing Tuberville wants out of Baton Rouge is another victory cigar. ;)

its interesting the other SEC schools 'would never hire tuberville', because their fans hate him, but there's always a scent of a rumor going around.

there was a healthy thread over on the florida forum about CTT... when they were looking. frankly, i just can't see him leaving auburn for another SEC school, and ifhe leaves at all, it'd be to a place like miami, where he's been before. but i gotta tell you all...the older you get, and the older your kids get, auburn looks a lot better a place to raise kids than lots of other places.

who knows...maybe alabama will go after CTT when shula makes the jump to the pros.

ct

I'm not sure what the deal with Watson is going to be. I know he and Brad Lester both RS'd last year, so our backfield depth chart will look something like:

1) Kenny Irons Jr.

2) Carl Stewart

3) Tre Smith

4) Jerald Watson

5) Brad Lester

I think the only spot there I'm confident about (As far as my ranking) is Irons Jr. My guess is that Watson was signed primarily as a KR, PR . but who knows.

As far as the CTT to LSU rumors - I'd bet my mortgage those are started by Jimmy Sexton, CTT's and CNS's agent. The man knows how to work the best contracts for his guys . .

LSU would revolt if CTT was made head coach.

Hey CP, how's it going bud? The day Tubs was announced as the LSU coach, Baton Rouge would experience another huge earthquake and totally implode. There would be a race to see who could start www.firett.com

bama will lose 20 in a row to Auburn and erect a statue of TT in place of Denny Chimes before he goes to LSU :D:D

I'm not sure what the deal with Watson is going to be.  I know he and Brad Lester both RS'd last year, so our backfield depth chart will look something like:

1)  Kenny Irons Jr.

2)  Carl Stewart

3)  Tre Smith

4)  Jerald Watson

5)  Brad Lester

I think the only spot there I'm confident about (As far as my ranking) is Irons Jr.  My guess is that Watson was signed primarily as a KR, PR . but who knows.

As far as the CTT to LSU rumors - I'd bet my mortgage those are started by Jimmy Sexton, CTT's and CNS's agent.  The man knows how to work the best contracts for his guys . .

LSU would revolt if CTT was made head coach.

132909[/snapback]

Heck, they're revolting as it is! :roflol:

what I think is funny is that LSU fans have already forgotten what LSU was before Saban . . Curly Hallman, Gerry Dinardo . .etc.

CTT has accomplished something that none of their coaches have - an undefeated season - and is significantly betten than any of their coaches pre-Saban over the last decade.

Maybe Saban is the exception, rather then the rule?????

what I think is funny is that LSU fans have already forgotten what LSU was before Saban . . Curly Hallman, Gerry Dinardo . .etc.

CTT has accomplished something that none of their coaches have - an undefeated season - and is significantly betten than any of their coaches pre-Saban over the last decade.

Maybe Saban is the exception, rather then the rule?????

132961[/snapback]

It's the old "what have you done for us lately" mentality. They win the NC last year and go 9-2 this season. Dem Cajuns done axin' whut's wrong wit de team.

I'm so ****ING sick of hearing how the SEC coaches should pony up and pay Sabans buyout and ship him to the Dolphins!!!!

CTT @ AU vs:

bummer- 4-2

LSU 4-2

Ole Miss 4-2

Miss St 5-1

Ark 3-3

UT 3-1

UGA 4-2

And the only one to go undefeated in the SEC since 1998. He also has beaten more top 10 teams in the last 6 years than any other program in the country!!

If coaches in the SEC want to ship a rival out it should be our coach since he's the one none of them seem to be able to beat.

I for one am glad to have him and hope he retires about 20 years from now, moves on to AU AD and begins work on adding another 10k seats to J-H's 120k!!!

Archived