Men at Georgia - Post-game thread

InfernoOrangeSS

Big, big win over a legit UGA team. AU found a way to right the ship with 3 minutes to go and finished well except the last in bounds with 1.8 to go. Great win on the road.

Big, big win over a legit UGA team. AU found a way to right the ship with 3 minutes to go and finished well except the last in bounds with 1.8 to go. Great win on the road.

I did not think they had it in them with an even more depleted roster.

War Eagle!!

War Eagle!!

Pearl used the bench guys very well today and they didn't let UGA take over when they were in. This was Bruce's most impressive coaching performance of the year with the way he managed the game and the bench players. Allowed AU to have gas in the tank for the last 3 minutes.

Think this is the turning point. Said yesterday I think we finish 5-2 or 4-3 in the last 7. This is exactly what needed to happen. Guys proved they can do it to themselves with their backs up against the wall. Didn't get to watch (blacked out online) but it seemed a near perfect ending

This doesn't surprise me at all. With the distractions this week, team came together and pulled one out. Seen this happen numerous times over the years in virtually every sport. Great win.

GA had a 22 rpi rating I believe???

Key word...had....great win for us...very bad loss for them...although big AU BBall fans aren't shocked by the outcome, those outside the program only see our terrible record. That's the type of loss that keeps bubble teams out of the tourney

It was a very good win by the BB team! Bruce did seem to utilize the bench more this game and it paid dividends.

War Eagle!!

Pearl used the bench guys very well today and they didn't let UGA take over when they were in. This was Bruce's most impressive coaching performance of the year with the way he managed the game and the bench players. Allowed AU to have gas in the tank for the last 3 minutes.

I have so much respect for this team and for CBP. It was an amazing effort.

We come from behind to be UGa on the road (while shorthanded). Of course we did!! The trees were replaced at Toomer's Corner--the Spirit of Auburn wasn't losing today!! Happy Valentines Day to all Aubies!!

Think this is the turning point. Said yesterday I think we finish 5-2 or 4-3 in the last 7. This is exactly what needed to happen. Guys proved they can do it to themselves with their backs up against the wall. Didn't get to watch (blacked out online) but it seemed a near perfect ending

You were just saying in another thread the other day that this team couldn't turn it around...

I want every Auburn sports team, men and women, to watch this game film...it is the perfect example of heart and never giving up. Thank you Coach Pearl and thank you AU Mens Basketball Team! Now go whip those bammer neck updykes on Tuesday! War Damn Eagle!

We need to dress out a baseball player for every game, so that if we should get in another situation like our last play a ball will be thrown that can be caught. Didn't matter who caught it with 1.8 seconds at the other end of the court, but somebody needed to catch or at least touch it!

I fully expected the DullDawgs to score on the inbounds play. Sure glad they didn't!

I want every Auburn sports team, men and women, to watch this game film...it is the perfect example of heart and never giving up. Thank you Coach Pearl and thank you AU Mens Basketball Team! Now go whip those bammer neck updykes on Tuesday! War Damn Eagle!

Maybe the baseball team...

Coach Pearl is one heckuva coach! He has these kids playing way beyond their potential. And the players have great character. This team will always be one of my favorites just because of the way they have conducted themselves throughout the season. War Eagle!

We need to dress out a baseball player for every game, so that if we should get in another situation like our last play a ball will be thrown that can be caught. Didn't matter who caught it with 1.8 seconds at the other end of the court, but somebody needed to catch or at least touch it!

I fully expected the DullDawgs to score on the inbounds play. Sure glad they didn't!

The pass was fine what's needed is a DB/WR type who can better judge where it's going and make a play on it. Harrell (I think it was) misjudged it. What would work better would be to have Reed down at the other FT line, throw it his way, and have him catch it or bat the ball out of bounds toward one of the corners.

Archived