Anti Muslim Group's Cartoon Contest Attacked

I see some Muslims and liberals, while condemning the attacks, whining about the event itself. And while I think it's in poor taste and wouldn't do one myself, where's the outrage when someone satirizes or does sacriligeous or "blasphemous" art about Christianity? I don't remember many (if any) liberals getting their panties in a twist over "Piss Christ" or "The Holy Virgin Mary", do you? When did the left get so weak-kneed about free speech and freedom of expression?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Number of Muslims killed in war on terror for being Muslim is exactly zero.

Funny how some ignore that detail.

Not true.

Could you point to anyone we killed simply for being Muslim?

Am I stretching a bit? Yes. However, our lax enemy identification standards in executing drone strikes have led to people being killed simply because they are Muslim.

June 15, 2011

On June 15, 2011, the US launched between two and six missiles from a drone at a car travelling on the road between Miranshah and Sirkot in North Waziristan, killing five people. The News, a leading Pakistani newspaper, identified four of the victims in a story it ran two days later.[56] We were provided evidence of five victims in our interviews, as we detail below; TBIJ (in its own separate investigations) also identified five victims:[57] Shahzada (or ‘Sherzada’, no other name), Akram Shah, Atiq-ur-Rehman (nicknamed Tariq), Irshad Khan, and Umar (or Amar) Khan. According to initial press reports, anonymous Pakistani officials stated that all those killed in the strike were “militants”.[58] US officials did not comment, even after the dead men’s families and tribesmen made international news by blocking an important roadway in protest.[59] We interviewed five family and community members who testified that they knew those killed.[60] Together, the five interviewees provided information on each of the five victims, who they said were civilians.[61] Based on its own research, as well as media accounts, TBIJ, citing the names of each of the men above, has reported that at least five civilians were killed in the strike.[62]

According to those we interviewed, on June 15, Akram Shah drove with his cousin, Sherzada, into the city of Miranshah.[63] Akram, a father of three in his mid-thirties, was a former taxi driver who worked for the Pakistani Water and Power Development Authority as a driver.[64] Sherzada was a student in his late teens or early twenties.[65] Both he and Akram Shah lived in the small village of Spulga, some 15 kilometers outside of Miranshah, in a large extended-family compound headed by another cousin, a prominent malik.[66] Atiq-ur-Rehman, a young pharmacist, ran the Razmak Medical shop in the Miranshah bazaar.[67] Irshad Khan, a teenage student, worked in Atiq-ur-Rehman’s pharmacy.[68] Umar Khan ran a local auto parts store.[69] That evening, the five men—Akram Shah, Sherzada, Irshad Khan, Atiq-ur-Rehman, and Umar Khan—set out from Miranshah toward Spulga and the nearby village of Sirkot in Akram’s car.[70]

When the car was just two or three kilometers from Sirkot, it was struck by a missile.[71] According to some press accounts, the drone operators missed their first five missile firing attempts and chased Akram’s car down the road, finally destroying it with a sixth and final missile.[72] Other accounts state that Umar Khan escaped from the back seat after the car was hit, only to be killed by a missile seconds later as he tried to get away from the wreckage.[73] Nadeem Malik was at the mosque some two kilometers away when he heard “the noise of the bombardment,” and rushed to the site of the strike.[74] Several witnesses described the destruction of the car,[75] which Abdul Qayyum Khan likened to “a sandwich bent in half.”[76] Sayed Majid, whose cousin and two other relatives were killed in the strike, and Abdul Qayyum Khan, Atiq-ur-Rehman’s father, told our research team that the victims’ bodies were badly burned.[77] Khan spoke with local villagers who had seen the strike take place and who told him that they had collected the charred body parts from the wreckage.[78]

Khan was working five hours away in Peshawar on the evening the strike occurred.[79] A cousin called him shortly after it happened to say that he needed to return to the village as soon as possible, but would not tell him why.[80] Khan tried to find a ride back with a relative that night, aware that something was wrong, but with no idea that his son—a “peaceful guy” who was “very attached” to him—had been killed in a US drone strike.[81] It was not until Abdul Qayyum Khan arrived in Sirkot and from a distance saw his neighbors filing into his home that he realized the gravity of what might have happened.[82] “I thought I would have a heart attack,”[83] he recalls. “I started weeping. Lots of people there were weeping. . . . [Atiq-ur-Rehman’s wife] was weeping fiercely.”[84]

Ibrahim Shah, Akram’s Shah’s brother, was also working in Peshawar that evening when he received the news.[85] Trying to spare him the shock, his relatives called to say only that his brother had been injured in an accident, waiting until much later that night to call again and tell Ibrahim that his brother had in fact been killed in a drone strike.[86] Ibrahim took ten days off work to come back to the village, where he joined other villagers and family members of the deceased in a large protest a few hours before the funeral.[87] They lined up four of the victims’ coffins across the main Bannu-Miranshah road, and staged a procession and rally asserting that the deceased men were not terrorists.[88]

Just over a year after the strike, the families of those killed are still struggling to deal with the difficulty of losing loved ones. Atiq-ur-Rehman, a young man when he was killed, left behind a wife and four children, two boys and two girls, ranging in age from four months to four years.[89] According to Atiq-ur-Rehman’s father, a driver who now supports his dead son’s entire family, some of the children seem to understand that their father was killed, but they do not talk about it.[90] Akram, who was in his mid-30s at the time of the strike, also left behind a wife and three sons.[91] According to Akram’s brother, Akram’s wife became mentally unwell after his death, and now suffers from hypertension and headaches.[92] She and Akram’s sons are supported by a relative.[93] Abdul Qayyum Khan told our research team, “[w]e will ask…America just to quit their forces from Pakistan…but we will never curse them because it is of no use. We will ask nothing of them. In my point of view, this is a futile effort. My son will not come back. My son is dead.”[94] http://www.livingunderdrones.org/living-under-drones/

These men were killed simply for being Muslim: "Stroman claimed the shooting spree that killed two men and injured a third in late 2001 targeted people from the Middle East, though all three victims were from South Asia. It was the death of 49-year-old Vasudev Patel, from India, that put Stroman on death row." http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-07-20-texas-inmate-execution_n.htm

I see some Muslims and liberals, while condemning the attacks, whining about the event itself. And while I think it's in poor taste and wouldn't do one myself, where's the outrage when someone satirizes or does sacriligeous or "blasphemous" art about Christianity? I don't remember many (if any) liberals getting their panties in a twist over "Piss Christ" or "The Holy Virgin Mary", do you? When did the left get so weak-kneed about free speech and freedom of expression?

While I don't fence myself into an ideology worthy of being labeled, I don't think anyone should go out of their way to insult anyone's religion. I was deeply offended over piss Christ. Sorry I wasn't a member of this Forum when it happened; I would have expressed my outrage.

I took Raptor's "War on Terror" reference as referring to things we did....the CIA, military, etc. Not random crazies.

I took Raptor's "War on Terror" reference as referring to things we did....the CIA, military, etc. Not random crazies.

That is the way I took it as well.

While I don't fence myself into an ideology worthy of being labeled, I don't think anyone should go out of their way to insult anyone's religion. I was deeply offended over piss Christ. Sorry I wasn't a member of this Forum when it happened; I would have expressed my outrage.

I was offended too, as were many Christians. But the nearly universal response from the liberal side of things was acclaim for the artists and patronizing speeches about freedom of expression to Christians. Has there been a universal shift toward being against these sorts of exhibits or is this another one of those "all religions are equally superior to Christianity" deals?

So, the answer is no.

Got it.

In a simpleton's mind the answer is no.

You can't cite anywhere that US policy was to kill ANYONE because of their religion. **** this parsing of words & game you're trying to play. Stop being a **** troll. There are Christians in the Mid East being genocided BECAUSE of their religion!

Simpleton is you

So, the answer is no.

Got it.

In a simpleton's mind the answer is no.

You can't cite anywhere that US policy was to kill ANYONE because of their religion. **** this parsing of words & game you're trying to play. Stop being a **** troll. There are Christians in the Mid East being genocided BECAUSE of their religion!

Simpleton is you,

Dude, it's just a Sports Forum. Take a knee and hydrate and yes you are being a simpleton in order to win your argument. I'll concede so you don't blow a blood vessel.

You lost because you are lost, " dude ".

This isn't a " sports " forum, pin head. It says politically speaking , right up top.

Simpleton.

And you lost because of every possible reason. The " terrorists " aren't Muslim, right? Everyone in Govt tells us that, over & over. Collateral damage? No one wants that! So whether they have brown hair, like Pepsi over coke, or what ever. It's not BECAUSE they were Muslim. And some whack job goes all crazy and wants to murder civilians? Please. That's all on him. Not U S policy.

USN, try REAL hard to be honest in your remarks. If ya can.

Accusing ms Geller of " hate ", while Muslim radicals tried to carry out mass murder ?

Here's your sign .

I do think the msm are playing up the isis claims of being involved are over the top. No proof so far has been found, & isis more likely is trying to ride the coattails of the attack for free PR reasons.

Props to DHS, CIA, DOJ, FBI & the military for... oh, wait. Never mind. They all did jack squat in stopping this attack. A local traffic cop with a sidearm took out the perps with two head shots.

Gun control = a firm grip & a steady aim.

"Here's your sign". Nice !!!

My response....Taxes and 'smoking' :Sing:

I don't think the government attacks people based on their religion but I m sure our government is sacrificing innocent civilians for the sake of going after terrorists. I don't remember the class I was in, maybe a call for fire class, but I did see the video of the drone hitting the car full of innocent civilians. That was a mistake and if I remember correctly, their families were paid for their losses. Attacking Muslims because they're Muslims goes completely against the "hearts and minds" counter terrorism initiative also, so I highly doubt we practice that discriminated murder of civilians.

My response....Taxes and 'smoking' :Sing:/>

I've not in ANY way been dishonest. You not liking my answers means zilch with respect to the matter of honesty.

Have we determined whether they came from the super secret ISIS training camps just across the border in Juarez? Has the embedded honky given us an update?

Have we determined whether they came from the super secret ISIS training camps just across the border in Juarez? Has the embedded honky given us an update?

These two came from the sooper sekrit training grounds in Phoenix. Deep cover honky did confirm that their weapons were floated in with a crude hot air balloon, though.

ETA: Love the John Rogers quote, by the way. The first line in my sig is actually ripped from Atlas Shrugged.

( ones service to country does not shield them from being accountable for their remarks. Or at least it shouldn't ).

( ones service to country does not shield them from being accountable for their remarks. Or at least it shouldn't ).

(One can hold another accountable for their remarks without making disparaging remarks about their military service. Or at least they should be able to.)

I'm not the one who brought up the issue. I was on topic, til USN tried to go personal.

I get it. He's a troll. I took his bait after he lost the discussion.

I'm not the one who brought up the issue. I was on topic, til USN tried to go personal.

I get it. He's a troll. I took his bait after he lost the discussion.

Notice I didn't nitpick over calling each other names like "pinhead." I'm not a hall monitor. But some things are a step too far.

Just went through this thread again. I didn't go personal. I spoke the truth about Cooltigger after he went off topic. Raptor as usual interjected himself into a discussion he wasn't invited and got butthurt.

It's an open forum, not a chat session. Whine about being called out for saying we killed anyone because of their religion when that's a ludicrous & absurd assertion, that says much about you.

Archived