WCWS vs. Florida - semi-finals

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's been fun. No shame in losing to the reigning national champs in the bottom of the ninth. Lots of folks who didn't care a lick about AU softball (myself included) followed along on this great run. Looking forward to next season and being a part of the WCWS for years to come!

What a great season from our ladies. Sucks it had to end.

Oh...hurt for the players....a great game by the AU players...mostly dominated the game but could not get the hits when it mattered the most.

An unbelievable season for Auburn.

well crap... Auburn falls 3-2 in 9 inning. what a fantastic season it was for Auburn. Comes up a little short but the table is set for the future of Auburn softball. Auburn finishes 56-11 on the season.

Great game and season. Two very evenly matched teams. Play 10 games and it'd be 5-5. This exposure will really help our program. Was Eagle, ladies. Way to represent!

Shows the importance of every play. Cooper made the great play to get the lead runner but Harper allowed the runner to advance on a terrible pitch. Thought the decision to go with Harper was the wrong one the way Walters was playing but I'm just a couch coach so I have no say.

Again, no shame in the loss. AU had their chances but no one could get the necessary hit. Hate to see this season end but the better team won and AU has a new standard for women's softball.

WAR EAGLE AU SOFTBALL!

What a great season by some dynamic ladies! Clint told them we were going to OKC and we made it to the final four, SEC Tourney champs and took the #1 team to the 9th inning.

Shows the importance of every play. Cooper made the great play to get the lead runner but Harper allowed the runner to advance on a terrible pitch. Thought the decision to go with Harper was the wrong one the way Walters was playing but I'm just a couch coach so I have no say.

Again, no shame in the loss. AU had their chances but no one could get the necessary hit. Hate to see this season end but the better team won and AU has a new standard for women's softball.

Walters was not an option. She was used earlier in relief. Davis pitched one heck of a game to keep UF down like she did. But, a change had to me made at that time. I was really surprised the move wasn't made the inning before after the first walk.

Thought the decision to go with Harper was the wrong one the way Walters was playing but I'm just a couch coach so I have no say.

Since Walters came in earlier in the game, not sure she could return to the pitcher's position. i know the starter can re-enter, just not sure if a substitute pitcher can re-enter to pitch.

Walters was not an option. She was used earlier in relief.

Ah, that's right. She would have to have started to sub back in. Guess they made the best call they could. Wasn't a bad pitch, just caught enough of it to bloop it into LF. Goes back to the wild pitch though. Without that, it's runners at the corners at best.

Hell of a season. Gut shot to see them out of it but the fight and heart is incredible.

I'm very proud of these girls and the coaches. What a great season to build on. The final four in the Myers' second year with basically the same players as last year except for a couple is amazing. The future is very bright with losing only Melero and Estell. I also thought Kilpatrick did pretty good under the circumstances. Now for a little critique. Again, leaving too many runners on base by not getting the key hits with runners in scoring position. Carasone should have never been sent home on a ball that was just in the edge of the grass. Otherwise it was a great job by the Ladies!! UF had all they wanted with this bunch!! WAR EAGLE!!!!

Very tough loss. But these ladies we're just apart of the greatest softball team in Auburn's history. Incredible season for the Tigers! Coach Myers is building a dynasty in Auburn, and this is just the beginning. Even better days ahead and the Lady Tigers! WAR EAGLE!!

So incredibly proud of these girls. They have so much heart. I hate to see it end. If we could have gotten to the final it would have been very hard to beat this team twice. Great game and fantastic season. It was pretty awesome so see auburn in the CWS and to look like we belong. We lived up to our seeding. We looked top 2 to me. War eagle!

I bet Florida is relieved to have only played us once all year. Crazy that it was the final four.

Archived