One more game together for

Tigermike

Senior Bowl next for Campbell, Rosegreen

Williams leaning towards playing, while Brown and Rogers are non-committal

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

By NEAL McCREADY

Sports Reporter

NEW ORLEANS -- Jason Campbell, Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown, Carlos Rogers and Junior Rosegreen will forever be the faces of one of Auburn's most popular senior classes.

The group put the finishing touches on a 13-0 season on Monday night with a 16-13 win over Virginia Tech in the Nokia Sugar Bowl in the Louisiana Superdome.

However, the quintet could still have one more game together as teammates. All five players have been invited to play in the Senior Bowl on Jan. 29 at Ladd-Peebles Stadium.

Campbell and Rosegreen said late Monday that they have accepted invitations to play for the South team in the game.

Williams said he's leaning towards playing while Brown and Rogers were non-committal.

"It's a very good possibility that I will play in the Senior Bowl," Williams said. "Right now, I'm unsure. I don't want to go down there with nagging injuries but if I feel good and I'm up to play, I'm playing."

Brown, who has shared the spotlight with Williams throughout his Auburn career, is considered a more solid NFL prospect by most draft analysts.

"It just depends on how my draft status looks after this week and how my body feels," Brown said. "If everything feels good and I'm in good position then maybe so. I don't know yet."

Rogers' stock skyrocketed this season as he caught LSU cornerback Corey Webster on several draft reports.

"I haven't really made a decision," Rogers said. "I have to talk to some people and see where they have me standing. If I have to go, it's just another game I have to go ball in. If not, I'll be in Arizona training and getting better for the combine.

"I really haven't thought about it. I've just been focused on what I had to do out here."

Campbell, however, has no doubts that he's going to be in Mobile in a few weeks. Campbell wasn't even on the Senior Bowl's radar late last season. Now he could be selected on the first day of the NFL draft in April.

"I think it's going to be another opportunity for me," Campbell said. "People don't know a lot about me and they can learn more through interviews and practice."

link

Archived