Upon Further Review - MSU Postgame

StatTiger

Stat, do you have statistics on down and distance due to penalties? I swear it seemed like we were 1st and 15 on almost every series.

It did seem that way. Somehow, we still had more sustained drives than in any other game this season I believe. Must have been because of how bad MSU was?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if this belongs here, but if any of you stayed till the end of the game like I did, Miss State played rammer jammer. Thought that was kinda strange.

Yeah it was there version of it I guess.

Sometimes, MSU is actually good at football. We lost to them four consecutive times in the late 90s, and we made the SEC championship twice in that same stretch. So it's not like two consecutive losses to really good MSU teams is some crazy unprecedented thing. We are generally better, but when they're good, they're pretty dang good. We were 5-5 against MSU in the 90s, and we're 2-3 in the teens. We dominated them in the '00s (9-1) because they were an awful program. That's not the case right now.

Don't know if this belongs here, but if any of you stayed till the end of the game like I did, Miss State played rammer jammer. Thought that was kinda strange.

Tacky. That was a huge W for them - any time a team from Mississippi beats an Alabama team it's HUGE for them.

Archived