And so Begins the Brandon Cox Era

MSTiger

Now that Jason Campbell has finished his last game as a Tiger, (and how greatly he WILL be missed...) what do you guys look for in the future w/ Brandon Cox? I guess it's possible that we could be beginning the Calvin Booker era, but I suppose only time will tell. Thoughts?

Brandon has the talent and the smarts to be an outstanding QB. He can definately benefit from having the same OC for more than a year it looks like. I've heard a lot of good things about Booker so lets just sit back and wait for the coaches to develop the talent. I feel like our QB situation is in good hands. Also, don't forget about Blake. Who knows? :cheer:

With the schedule and returning players, I see a 9 or 10 win season next year.

Date Opponent/Event Location

Sept. 3 GEORGIA TECH @ AUBURN

Sept. 10 MISSISSIPPI STATE @ AUBURN

Sept. 17 BALL STATE @ AUBURN

Sept. 24 SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI @ AUBURN

Oct. 1 SOUTH CAROLINA @ AUBURN

Oct. 15 at Arkansas Fayetteville, Ark.

Oct. 22 at LSU Baton Rouge, La.

Oct. 29 OLE MISS @ AUBURN

Nov. 5 at Kentucky Lexington, Ky.

Nov. 12 at Georgia Athens, Ga.

Nov. 19 ALABAMA @ AUBURN

cox hasn't won the job yet. that's going to be one of many really fun position battles that takes place in spring and fall. cox or booker? who starts at tailback? do we keep a two-back rotation? do steps up at corner? who gets the start at defensive end? which of the great safties we've signed steps in to start? will they challenge will for the other spot? who's snapping the ball to the unknown qb? it's gonna be a lot of fun to watch next year's team round into shape by A-day.

the talent is definitely there to do some serious damage, but i expect our new qb to struggle at times like all new qb's in the sec do. we should be an 8 or 9-win team, and just like this year if we can beat lsu, then we could be in for a really, really special run.

Archived