QB-Power Breakdown

StatTiger

Breaking tendencies from a formation and play, Auburn converts on a key 4th & 2 play from the Razorback 36-yard line. When Auburn runs their "wildcat" formation, they do so from an unbalanced line. On this play, Auburn doesn't operate behind an unbalanced line. Gus Malzahn runs the quarterback power with Kerryon Johnson at quarterback. This was a play and formation Auburn typically executed the past two years with Nick Marshall and Cam Newton.

The play...

Arkansas%20-%20KJ%20Run_zpsnf4qewip.jpg

On this play Auburn faces a 4th & 2 from the Arkansas 36-yard line. They come out in a 3-WR set and Kerryon Johnson at quarterback. Before the snap, Jason Smith comes in motion into the backfield from the slot position. The formation and motion dictates the defense to overload the H-Back side. (Image #1)

At the snap, Kerryon Johnson fakes the speed-sweep with Jason Smith as Braden Smith (RG) pulls to his left. Kamryn Pettway initially fakes on being a lead blocker for Jason Smith and changes direction to pull left behind Braden Smith.

Kerryon Johnson keeps the ball and sweeps to his left behind Smith and Pettway. The backside DE is crushed by Braden Smith and Kamryn Pettway (Image 4 & 5) as Johnson easily turns the corner for the first down. Johnson sprints down field, leaping over the CB for a 19-yard gain and first down.

IMO, having Sean take over has given a spark to our offense. I just wish our WR's knew how to catch the dang ball because Sean hit them right in their hands 8 out of 10 times and yet they drop the passes most every time.

IMO, having Sean take over has given a spark to our offense. I just wish our WR's knew how to catch the dang ball because Sean hit them right in their hands 8 out of 10 times and yet they drop the passes most every time.

Makes sense, given your tendency to post things in threads that have nothing to do with the OP.

:poke:

I watched this game on my phone at work. I thought that was sean running that play. Lol

If it had have been Sean then we do have the DT QB so many want. LOL

I feel like Pettway has shown a little more than Cox at this point personally

yep

I thought Pettway jumped off the tv screen more last game, for sure.

Archived