Question on the direction of our program

Potatooooooes!!

The meltdown here is classic ....may as well get comfortable Gus has a huge buyout - he ain't getting canned. Never underestimate the value of good QB play in this conference - it has been the detriment of this season.

And yet there you were, in the game thread, calling out all Sean White supporters....lmao

I like SW...his supporters were naive to the fact he was not 100% and putting him in was a disaster. If he was healthy I would have preferred he started the game.

Ultimately, the bone-head decision to abandon the run game to squander two drives by putting in a one-legged Sean White, and then putting him obvious passing situations is what killed our offensive production through the second half. And the craziest thing about this whole day is that even with turnovers and unintelligible play-calling we were beat by a special teams whiff...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The meltdown here is classic ....may as well get comfortable Gus has a huge buyout - he ain't getting canned. Never underestimate the value of good QB play in this conference - it has been the detriment of this season.

And yet there you were, in the game thread, calling out all Sean White supporters....lmao

I like SW...his supporters were naive to the fact he was not 100% and putting him in was a disaster. If he was healthy I would have preferred he started the game.

Then explain the comment asking where are the White supporters now?

Also, I love that you call supporters of White "his supporters"....pretty telling

...supporters may have been a poor choice of words, but I support every player AU has. There was no need to call for a QB change because he was not 100%

For the record I'm not in the fire Gus camp. I do think the coaching has been horrific. However, I'd like to point this out. IMO bama has won a few NC lately with an avg. QB. I realize that's debatable but none of those guys are NFL type guys. Coker is in the process of whipping MSU ass and winning another NC. After we ridiculed them for a year about Coker. Let this sink in. We aren't even fielding that calibre QB.

Me either. Gus is an adequate coach and with the buyout in play, PoetTiger is correct, we are probably stuck with him for at least a couple more years. We do, however, have to have a major upgrade at QB over the off season or next year is a 7-8 win season as well.

As for Bama, they did the same thing last year with Sims. Don't forget that.

For the record I'm not in the fire Gus camp. I do think the coaching has been horrific. However, I'd like to point this out. IMO bama has won a few NC lately with an avg. QB. I realize that's debatable but none of those guys are NFL type guys. Coker is in the process of whipping MSU ass and winning another NC. After we ridiculed them for a year about Coker. Let this sink in. We aren't even fielding that calibre QB.

Me either. Gus is an adequate coach and with the buyout in play, PoetTiger is correct, we are probably stuck with him for at least a couple more years. We do, however, have to have a major upgrade at QB over the off season or next year is a 7-8 win season as well.

I don't see 7-8 wins this year or next. It's laughable to compare what we have with bama. I hate them. but their staff can flat out coach. Kiffin is a very good OC. He puts kids in position to make plays. Contrast this with our current offensive coaches...

I don't see 7-8 wins this year or next. It's laughable to compare what we have with bama. I hate them. but their staff can flat out coach. Kiffin is a very good OC. He puts kids in position to make plays. Contrast this with our current offensive coaches...

Do be fair, Kiffen usually does good when playing with the best players money can buy...

Yup.

7-8 wins is absolutely possible next year with the way our D is playing at the moment and with even some marginal improvement on offense. SW will get another off season to work with receivers. Freshman get another spring to practice. New guys coming up and maybe we pickup a few guys in this recruiting cycle that can make an impact.

Problems all start with the coaches.

Defensively, our coaching staff under Johnson was awful. The fact that our freshmen are out performing the equally talented out of high school upperclassmen points to developmental and/or motivational issues with the upper classmen.

Offensively, none of our players have panned out aside from one or two offensive linemen and our running backs. We are either doing a horrible job scouting potential or a horrible job developing it.

Games like today make you appreciate Nick Marshall even more. Obviously not a pure QB but the kid was a winner, had a major set in tough times and could make plays in space.

Until we get a QB who can make plays with his arm & feet, we are a perennial 5 loss team.

Games like today make you appreciate Nick Marshall even more. Obviously not a pure QB but the kid was a winner, had a major set in tough times and could make plays in space.

Until we get a QB who can make plays with his arm & feet, we are a perennial 5 loss team.

How quickly people forget last years record

Taterhead, this is a horrible thread. I mean, why not just throw up an invitation to all the Gus and JJ haters and say, here, have a field day?!

The correct answer to your question, if there is one, is we're going like 'at (pointing down).

But that's at joke. As is this thread.

Going south since the 2013 BCS game. Been close this year in all games but LSU. If we had a Deshaun Watson or Dak Prescott, we'd probable be 7-3 maybe 8-2. But we don't, so we're not.

Well, do you see us getting a "dual threat QB" anytime soon?

Yes. Woody Barrett. John Franklin III.

Last year's record was mostly bc of a horrendous defense.

How quickly people forget 2013?? Remember that game we played in at the end of the year. That QB who led us was Nick Marshall. Lots of those games last year were not lost by the offense and Nick Marshall.

I don't care what anybody says this offense does not work without a true dual threat QB with great speed that can be elusive. He also has to have a moderately accurate arm with great touch. My friends we don't have close to that with either QB. Add in predictable play calling where you either abandon the run or call the same run play three downs in a row that the opponent is sitting back and waiting on and its like trying to watch 5 year olds play T ball ........ Its just plain painful. Until we find the next JUCO stud who has walked all over inferior competition and comes in with a chip on his shoulder with something to prove with that confidence swagger its going to be a long row to hoe. Just my 2.

Comparing kiffin to lashlee is hilarious. Kiffin with AU's offensive players would be crazy. He creates situations and formations that puts his best player in mismatches. Auburn will go a complete without getting some of its playmakers the ball. Like today, did jason smith even touch the ball?

Most of this thread is filled with idiocy.

Good thing we have your posts to rescue us from drowning in this sea of stupidity.

You need help, that's for sure. Not thinking I can rescue things.

Archived