JetaTek's Sugar Bowl Memories

JetaTek

I had an amazing time at the Sugar Bowl. It was like a "collision of the worlds" for me, with my childhood obsession (Auburn football) being thrust into my collegiate playground (New Orleans). Within the span of about 20 minutes, I ran into the former mayor of Phenix City, AL (where I spent my elementary school years) who had been a family friend, and then bumped into a girl that I had financial accounting with at Tulane.

My family and I got to check out the WEN tailgating party, got to check out the Tiger Walk by the New Orleans Centre, and then my brother and I completely lost our voices cheering for Auburn from 7:00PM - 11:00PM. I can't begin to describe how cool it was to see my all-time favorite sports team complete an undefeated, 13-0 season in what I consider my hometown, surrounded by friends and family. Absolutely amazing. I thought I'd post a few pictures from the day for those of you interested. I'll have to split it over a few posts due to the Forum's images per post limit.

Tiger Walk

Randomly, we ended up standing by Jason Campbell's & Tommy Tuberville's families for the Tiger Walk.

TigerWalk1.jpg

It was pretty surreal seeing multiple tiers of Auburn fans here in New Orleans (usually it's only me & one other guy!)

TigerWalk2.jpg

A rather enterprising individual advertising his website.

BCSisBS.jpg

Aubie

Aubie.jpg

Tommy Tuberville

Tuberville.jpg

Al Borges

AlBorges.jpg

Jason Campbell

JasonCampbell.jpg

Carnell "Cadillac" Williams

CarnellWilliams.jpg

Ronnie Brown

RonnieBrown.jpg

Pregame

Auburn's band takes the field.

AuburnBand.jpg

I thought it was great that Auburn got to run out of the main tunnel, while VT had to run out of a side tunnel. ;)

OutOfTunnel.jpg

Team huddle before kickoff.

PreGameHuddle.jpg

Postgame

Final score: Auburn 16 - VT 13

Scoreboard.jpg

Virtually the entire Auburn team stormed the ESPN Gameday stage after the game.

ESPNAttack1.jpg

ESPNAttack2.jpg

Flag waving and shaker shaking continues in the corner of the field.

PostGame1.jpg

PostGame2.jpg

Two very worn out Sugar Bowl attendees (AshleyZ & JetaTek) after a day of football fun.

JustonAshley.jpg

Want to know something even more amazing? I was standing about two people down from you at TigerWalk. I was stunned to browse here for a goof and see photos of the people I was standing around.

Very cool. :au:

I was standing in that 2nd level directly behind the campbell family....that close and didnt know it...

Nice pictures. How many of those hats do you own?

136815[/snapback]

Just that one. I like to break it out for special events (Mardi Gras, Sugar Bowl, etc.) :lol:

nice picture of the band. do u have anymore?

136954[/snapback]

Yeah, I was able to snap a few more. I'm in the process of moving right now from Houston to Baton Rouge, but when I get my computer hooked back up I'll post them. :)

Very cool pix...Hey1 that's me in the orange and white jersey! :big:

Archived