Next Year

cason

If we can't win with God knows how many players who would be drafted by the NFL...

Oh, and if JFIII wins the starting QB spot, next year probably won't be any better.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it me or does it seem like most of our highly recruited talent get MUCH better when they go pro? I'm thinking mainly of defensive talent. Is it because there is not enough talent around them now. We will lose several juniors to draft next year. Can't see them staying.

Is it me or does it seem like most of our highly recruited talent get MUCH better when they go pro? I'm thinking mainly of defensive talent. Is it because there is not enough talent around them now. We will lose several juniors to draft next year. Can't see them staying.

We've had 6 straight years of bad defensive coaching before this year. The defense has improved quite a bit this year. I'd expect this trend to change.

You think Franklin will start next year?

(The ultimate thread derailing hijack)

I do.

+1, need running qb. A true running qb

We need a true running QB that can pass the ball.

Oh, and if JFIII wins the starting QB spot, next year probably won't be any better.

Ridiculous statement.

He couldn't even start in juco ball amirite? Why do you think he could beat out a quality Sean White?

I wish they would give Sean all of the bowl game practice reps and let him throw for 300 in the game. Maybe some would start to realize he's a good QB.

It would just be against a bad defense, or a fluke, or he didn't make that one long ball that JJs arm strength would have made, or he didn't get away from that sack well enough, or it doesn't count because it wasn't an SEC team and we all know you can't win the SEC with a pocket passer, or he can't run the zone read like NM so he needs to be replaced by a JUCO backup, or he only threw for 1 TD even though we score 40....it was all the running game and we can't win in the SEC because he is incapable of throwing tds (and that has nothing at all to do with playcalling).

Did I just about cover it?

I wish they would give Sean all of the bowl game practice reps and let him throw for 300 in the game. Maybe some would start to realize he's a good QB.

It would just be against a bad defense, or a fluke, or he didn't make that one long ball that JJs arm strength would have made, or he didn't get away from that sack well enough, or it doesn't count because it wasn't an SEC team and we all know you can't win the SEC with a pocket passer, or he can't run the zone read like NM so he needs to be replaced by a JUCO backup, or he only threw for 1 TD even though we score 40....it was all the running game and we can't win in the SEC because he is incapable of throwing tds (and that has nothing at all to do with playcalling).

I think we are on the same page.

I think it starts with....."he is too short and can't see over the big OL" and continues with your list.

Agreed. We'll be fie with Sean White, just as long as the receiving corps gets upgraded.

If

If he is physically able to do the work that will likely be the case. I don't have a rooting interest in either one. It matters not to me who gets the nod. That having been said, I think the future qb is not yet on campus.

We have the makings of a good OL with or without Young, who is the only one I expect to declare for the draft. We have some very good running backs and adequate receivers returning. But the Gus offense is not going anywhere without a dual threat QB. What he is able to do with the offense is contingent on getting a dual threat ready to play. The defense made some good improvement the second half of the season and if Will stays around they should continue to improve. War Eagle!

We have the makings of a good OL with or without Young, who is the only one I expect to declare for the draft. We have some very good running backs and adequate receivers returning. But the Gus offense is not going anywhere without a dual threat QB. What he is able to do with the offense is contingent on getting a dual threat ready to play. The defense made some good improvement the second half of the season and if Will stays around they should continue to improve. War Eagle!

Respectfully disagree. If White is a mobile quarterback, and by that I mean enough mobility to scramble 2-3 yards when the pocket collapses or run the quarterback keep as well as JJ, we'll be fine.

The offensive line played amazing against bama. I have extremely high faith that whomever is qb will have one of the best offensive lines in the nations backing him up!

I believe SW is very talented QB, with the potential to be an outstanding QB in the right system. I just have no faith that Gus,and Lashlee can game plan to utilize him properly. If Gus doesn't acquire a viable dual threat QB, I fully expect to see two runs up the middle, a fake end around pass on third down,with poor Sean running for his life. That kind of crap play calling is more than likely the reason he was injured this year. I hope I have to eat crow, but I am predicting right now, that if Gus doesn't get a dual threat QB to run a similar offense to 2013, and 14, next year will be his last at Auburn.

It appears to be no secret there is something dreadfully wrong behind the scenes. How do you explain this team playing for national championships one year and falling like a rock within a couple of years? This has happened twice within a five year period.

I wouldn't go that far. I think that the O-line has been avg. at best all year. We had moderate success running the ball last night in the first half, and none at all in the second half. The pass protection has been poor all year.

O-line has suffered from play calling too I believe. It's difficult to get push on predictable 1st and 2nd down runs and difficult to pass protect on slow developing long yardage 3rd down plays. I think the O-line has looked better throughout the year partially because the unit started to gel and because play calling finally became a little less predictable.

Good thing we scheduled Clemson , huh ?

:-\

If we can some how manage to pull that off, at least the rest of the schedule isn't terrible, though going on the road vs uga and bama sucks mightily.

O-line has suffered from play calling too I believe. It's difficult to get push on predictable 1st and 2nd down runs and difficult to pass protect on slow developing long yardage 3rd down plays. I think the O-line has looked better throughout the year partially because the unit started to gel and because play calling finally became a little less predictable.

I think the play calling was based on the lack of faith in the qb to make the short and intermediate throws. JJ couldn't do it for sure.

I think the play calling was based on the lack of faith in the qb to make the short and intermediate throws. JJ couldn't do it for sure.

And the one who could didn't start the season.

And the one who could didn't start the season.

I agree with both of you. I think we would have won 9 games if White had started from game 1.

I'm still not convinced that SW is the one who's going to be what we need to succeed at a high level. He's better than JJ to be sure but I still believe our starting quarterback is not on campus yet.

Archived