Next Year

cason

Lol. It's sad we are in this position, but we are already hyping up a guy before he throws a D1 pass. Hmmmmm, when have we done that before? How bout we let Franklin and White go through a few offseason battles before we "crown" a new king.

I have yet to find one person who has said Franklin will be our new QB. I have seen plenty (including myself) who believes he is coming to compete for the QB spot. Contrary to the belief that he was coming as an athlete. Too many fanboys on this forum. Either to JJ or SW. I want a true competition for the QB spot. May the best man win.

Fair point. We'll know about Franklin by the end of spring ball. If he is still at qb then we know why the coaches really brought him here. If he's already moved then we'll have the other answer. I do think we need him at qb, or someone like him to prepare as qb at a minimum. Should he not win the job, we still need to be prepared for SW being injured again and Queen not fully recovering or we could be even worse off this time next year (assuming JJ is a non factor or transfers, but who knows on this one).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. It's sad we are in this position, but we are already hyping up a guy before he throws a D1 pass. Hmmmmm, when have we done that before? How bout we let Franklin and White go through a few offseason battles before we "crown" a new king.

I have yet to find one person who has said Franklin will be our new QB. I have seen plenty (including myself) who believes he is coming to compete for the QB spot. Contrary to the belief that he was coming as an athlete. Too many fanboys on this forum. Either to JJ or SW. I want a true competition for the QB spot. May the best man win.

You said something there.

Anyone care to make a way-way-way too early schedule prediction at this point?

I think 8-4 with wins over the Misses, Arky, Vandy, and A&M is within reach. Not guaranteed, but certainly possible. Anything else and Gus's seat headed into 2017 will be nuclear.

I think 8-4 with wins over the Misses, Arky, Vandy, and A&M is within reach. Not guaranteed, but certainly possible. Anything else and Gus's seat headed into 2017 will be nuclear.

I already said 10 wins and SEC west champion.

So 10 regular season wins is the only possible way to win the West (and an unlikely way to do so) then you have is losing in ATL and the bowl game or just being a 2 loss team headed to ATL? I suppose I could see that, but it's very rare that a 2 loss team wins the West.

So 10 regular season wins is the only possible way to win the West (and an unlikely way to do so) then you have is losing in ATL and the bowl game or just being a 2 loss team headed to ATL? I suppose I could see that, but it's very rare that a 2 loss team wins the West.

I'm saying 10 wins before any postseason play. Guess I should have said that in the first place. My bad for any confusion there.

I think we'll hear Gus saying "we have some guys doing good things" in reference to every QB going into the Clemson game.

Oye. I forgot we open with Clemson

Sorry to make your night a little worse 😔

No worries. We will be better next year. We had enough misfortune to last a while.

Clemson might be better too. They are very young.

What I wanna see next year:

Continued improvement on D. This was the best secondary we've had in years! With the youth, it should only be better next year.

We have to see some players step up at LB!

DL has potential. If Lawson AND Adams stay we could be very strong there. If they both go, we need to see some guys step up quickly (Holland at Buck, Cowart, Prince, a few DTs)

Offense: QB. Please!

We have to decide what our offensive philosophy is, and stuck with it.

OL improved this year. We need more improvement and gelling.

I wanna see us use more TE, and more HB in the passing game.

We must have a legit depth threat at WR. (Lots of potential on the roster, and coming in as TFr). Also, catch the freaking ball!!!

I think we're ok at RB. PB (and JR if he stays) are solid. I think KJ can be that more explosive big play guy. We need a legit speed sweep guy. (ST, Roc? Idk)

Finally, I want to see guys who are more versatile. This offense could go to a higher level than ever before if we could use multiple looks with the same personnel in hyper speed HUNH mode. This would create so much more confusion and mismatches. I think we can use guys like Jason Smith, KJ, and our 2 HBs in multiple roles. Do we have a guy who could play TE/WR?

Your thoughts?

Archived