Crap

chuck

I was doing so well staying of the Tigerforums board. I didn't post there for almost all of last year, or even this year - so the last thing I wanted to do was only post there after we won, but not after we lost.

However, this whole no NC thing really has me pretty pissed - and I let my temper get the best of me.

But, that being said - does anyone else see the irony of rival school fans making fun of Auburn because we didn't win the NC? Basically, as fans we have to accept certain things. One of these things was that it was not possible for us to win a National Championship this year. With neither USC nor Oklahoma, their 4 Heisman candidates, and their 2 Heisman winners, that was the matchup the media wanted to see. Just like CNN and MSNBC, we are going to watch what the media wants us to see, that's the world we live in. Granted College Football is so much less important then Iraq, but how many times have you heard reports from active troops who say the media is painting things in a light different then how they actually are.

Therefore, I have to step back and think about what we did accomplish:

1) A 13-0 season. No Auburn coach has ever achieved this. Great SEC Coaches like Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, and Mark Richt have never done this.

2) We dominated the SEC. With the exception of 1 game, no team took possession of the ball in the 4th quarter against us with a chance to score. That is amazing

3) We defeated 4 teams who won 10 games

4) We defeated 4 teams who were in the Top 10 when we beat them

5) We won 5 games against teams who are currently ranked in the Top 25

6) We obviously won the SEC West, and of course the SEC

7) Tommy Tuberville won the AP Coach of the Year

8) Carlos Rogers who the Jim Thorpe Award for best DB

9) We will probably have 4 players drafted in the 1st round (Caddy, Ronnie, Carlos, and Marcus McNeil)

10) We haven't had a disciplinary issue on our team for 2 years

Our rivals, those who are mocking us, lost to us this year, and unless they are LSU, lost badly to us, regardless of how they want to spin it

Our rivals haven't had an undefeated season for at least 12 years . .we've had two since then.

Only one of our rivals even finished in the Top 10.

They can mock us all they want, but just as Auburn folks often attack the tradition of bama (because while most of us love Auburn, and wouldn't cheer for anyone else, 7 NC's would be pretty friggin' cool), those schools wish they were in our shoes.

UGA has to wonder what else they can accomplish with Mark Richt. They had the most winning QB in SEC history and a team loaded with all SEC and All-American Players - yet they finished 3rd in the SEC this year. They have wiped up the floor with us over the last 4 years in recruiting, and all its gotten them is a .500 record, the same amount of SEC titles, but no undefeated season. They also lost the top recruit in the state of GA to Auburn in Tray Blackmon

bama, while their fans feel they are on the upswing, has not had a winning season in two years. Their combined wins over the last two years is less then ours was this year. Spare me probation, we went 11-0, 9-1-1, and I believe 8-4 in our first 3 years. Keep this in mind, by feeling that their close game with us this year kept us out of the Orange Bowl (Which it didn't) they basically said that beating them was less impressive then OU beating Baylor. That's right, Baylor

LSU, well, you can figure that out on your own, lost their head coach, don't like their new coach, and choked away a New Years Bowl win and a Top 10, 10 win season. Meanwhile, their most dominant coach in LSU history still had a losing record against Tuberville . .a coach they hate.

As for our rival friends at this site, those who have supported us . .I apologize . .I'm sure you have been around message boards long enough to know this isn't directed at you. But I'll admit it, I'm pissed, i'm complaining, and I don't think its fair. Most of the crap I've seen is actually not even on this network. But still, I just had to get that all off my chest.

Its not official, I'm just being realistic. We will be good next year, but not undefeated, he has accomplished what he can while at Auburn. Not to mention he has had injury issues. I think this is his first year at Auburn in which he didn't miss any PT due to his back.

If I was in his family, I'd tell him to go pro - and I'm sure they are also.

I thought he said he was leaning toward staying b/c of Tubbs. He said if Tubbs had left, he would have too. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

137321[/snapback]

He did say that, he has also said he wants to make the right decision for him. If he can stay and be a first round draft choice next year, he might stay. If he is not projected to be a first rounder this year, many think he will stay. He has also said he doesn't want to look like Robert Johnson and leave early and then not get drafted. He has seen Dansby, Thomas, Carnell, Ronnie, Carlos Rogers & JR Rosegreen stay and have good SR seasons and look as if they will be drafted high.

his parents sat by mine at the home games. his momma claims he's coming back, and that she'd never tell him to leave early. but then again, like my parents, i bet his mom's never seen over a mil in cash before, and that signing bonus has to at least make him think right? i hope he's back next year, but i won't fault him for leaving. i hope he finishes his degree in his off time though.

Chuck, I dont know a lot of people who are really making fun of AU for not winning it...(i know Im not). You went 13-0...and unless they are Utah fans or USC fans...they really dont have anything to say about it.

Now I do know a bunch of Bama fans (myself included) who chuckle at the irony of SOME...not saying all...but some...AU fans are claiming a NC for this season. All of this coming on the heels of 100 years of AU fans ragging us for claiming too many unrecognized titles.

But aside from that, I dont know what anyone would have to say. LSU fans REALLY dont have anything to say. And why laugh? A NC would have been good for the conference. So id just tell em to sthu.

Now I do know a bunch of Bama fans (myself included) who chuckle at the irony of SOME...not saying all...but some...AU fans are claiming a NC for this season. All of this coming on the heels of 100 years of AU fans ragging us for claiming too many unrecognized titles.

137353[/snapback]

This is precisely why you want see me claiming a NC, BG. I understand the irony of which you speak and choose not to be hypocritical. Would I have liked to have an "official" BCS or AP title? Sure. But I am very proud and happy about what we did accomplish.

To be honest, after watching the Orange Bowl I'm not sure we could have beaten USC now anyway. Perhaps earlier in the season when we were peaking and USC wasn't--like the way we played Georgia, or Tennessee the first time. But I'm not sure anyone could have beaten USC Tuesday night--even us, based on our Bama, SECCG, and Va. Tech games. As it stands, we're both 13-0 and until we meet on the field, neither can prove superiority over the other.

Our season was of "championship" quality, but I won't claim a "National Championship". I can live with people refering to it as a "championship season" in a more generic sense, however. (And we do have one official "Championship"-the SEC's)

137353[/snapback]

This is precisely why you want see me claiming a NC, BG. I understand the irony of which you speak and choose not to be hypocritical. Would I have liked to have an "official" BCS or AP title? Sure. But I am very proud and happy about what we did accomplish.

To be honest, after watching the Orange Bowl I'm not sure we could have beaten USC now anyway. Perhaps earlier in the season when we were peaking and USC wasn't--like the way we played Georgia, or Tennessee the first time. But I'm not sure anyone could have beaten USC Tuesday night--even us, based on our Bama, SECCG, and Va. Tech games. As it stands, we're both 13-0 and until we meet on the field, neither can prove superiority over the other.

Our season was of "championship" quality, but I won't claim a "National Championship". I can live with people refering to it as a "championship season" in a more generic sense, however. (And we do have one official "Championship"-the SEC's)

137356[/snapback]

AHHHHH...but therein lies the rub, my amigo...NONE of the National Championships are OFFICIAL...did you get that...NONE OF THEM!!! So the People's Champion tag is as good as the BCS...because the NCAA recognizes NONE OF THEM in D-1A!!! :big:

:au::homer:

Until there is a playoff to determine the REAL national champion, any championship award this year is just as Mythical as another and carries no more clout, so accept it and move on....none are REAL.

BG - you are correct, there aren't folks at AUNation doing that - our rival fans here have much more respect then that . .Its primarily over on the rivals network . .I was just blowing off some steam over here.

I have quite a few friends who support LSU, Tennessee, and UAT. I must say that following the SEC championship win, ALL were very supportive of AU and hoping they would find a way to get the NC game and/or votes.

I must admit that my UAT alumn friends were much more supportive of AU than I believe I would have been for UAT. I did hope for a UAT win (notice I didn't say cheer for them), and pulled for the other SEC teams in the bowl games, and I do not know of a fellow SEC supporter who wished a loss upon AU.

What a great year! The DFW Auburn club is a great alumni group and we watched all of the games with them this year (with exception of KY which we attended). It's great - to be - an Auburn Tiger.

War Eagle!

I have maintained all along that 13-0 kicks ass regardless of who is the NC. And like i said before...an SEC CHampionship is an sec championship.

sec titles are much more important and perhaps impressive than "national" titles b/c you actually have to WIN sec championships on the field. mnc's are more like figure skating which i don't watch so i don't see any reason to pay attention to that beauty contest either.

SEC championship is as real as a championship gets!!!!!!!!in modern day college Football WAR EAGLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are the Champions. I Just don't want the streak to end and we will be recognized as the power of dixieland that we are. Keep winning and they (AP poll voters/coaches poll voters)will come.......around.

It's a shame we just couldn't play every team in the SEC. That would be a total of 11 games, 12 including SEC championship game.

We could have handled everyone else in the SEC that we didn't play, FLORIDA, SOUTH CAROLINA, VANDERBILT

Great SEC Coaches like Nick Saban

With the exception of 1 game, no team took possession of the ball in the 4th quarter against us with a chance to score.  That is amazing

137315[/snapback]

Damn straight. ;):lsu:

Archived