Senior Bowl Rosters

woods1110

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/news/story?id=1973918

Check out the South Roster...Do you notice a WR by the name of Matt Jones?? :blink::blink:

When you click on his name it says

Matt Jones is one of the more intriguing prospects to follow during this week's process at the Senior Bowl. The dual-threat collegiate quarterback is looking to prove to scouts that he's capable of making the transition to wide receiver in the NFL.

Jones has terrific size and is a versatile athlete that also played basketball for the Razorbacks. However, he needs to use this week of practice to prove that he has the speed and hands to take a chance on as a developmental WR prospect.

:blink::blink::blink:

Am I reading that right?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/news/story?id=1973918

Check out the South Roster...Do you notice a WR by the name of Matt Jones?? :blink:   :blink:

When you click on his name it says

Matt Jones is one of the more intriguing prospects to follow during this week's process at the Senior Bowl. The dual-threat collegiate quarterback is looking to prove to scouts that he's capable of making the transition to wide receiver in the NFL.

Jones has terrific size and is a versatile athlete that also played basketball for the Razorbacks. However, he needs to use this week of practice to prove that he has the speed and hands to take a chance on as a developmental WR prospect.

:blink::blink::blink:

Am I reading that right?

141320[/snapback]

Yes...it's been talked about for quite a while that he would be a WR in the NFL. Haven't you ever noticed how many DB's he's beaten to the house??? Those long strides of his are very deceiving...he's quite fast and what a HUGE target he'd make for a Peyton Manning or someone!

:au::homer:

I really didn't think Rogers was playing in the bowl, but I guess so. I guess he was tired of all the DB he beat for the Maxwell award and some others being projected ahead of him in the draft. Go Carlos.....

Quick question........Who's all, if any, going? Me and Jumbo, my roomate, were thinking about making the trip.........Because the Senior Bowl Player Signings are at 6 'til 9 o'clock, at the Mobile Civic Center this Friday (2005-01-28).

my concern about jones would be his speed, but i think i'm unduly influenced by his late-season injury this past year that slowed him down some.

gl to him & to all the AU Tigers!

ct

The biggest experiment at the Senior Bowl is the switch by Arkansas quarterback Matt Jones to wide receiver. Jones looked good late in practice Monday, catching a deep fade in double coverage by Corey Webster of LSU and James Butler of Georgia Tech ...

GOOD ARTICLE ON ESPN.COM.....COLLEGE FOOTBALL SECTION.

my concern about jones would be his speed, but i think i'm unduly influenced by his late-season injury this past year that slowed him down some.

gl to him & to all the AU Tigers!

ct

141364[/snapback]

Even with that injury he ripped off something like a 60 yard TD run against somebody near the end of the season...he's very fast.

magic matt has speed to burn. i would want to see how well he runs routes and catches the ball b/c if he can't do those things... i'd move him to safety and let him bury people.

Archived