Fleetwood Mac

Meatloaf

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

REO Speedwagon

Eagles

ELO

B52's

Van Halen

Allman Brothers (Live at Fillmore East is the BEST album ever made)

Molly Hatchet

Steppenwolf

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Charlie Daniels Band

Styx

Ted Nugent

Mamas and Papas

The Cars

Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band

The Grateful Dead

Guns N Roses

Fleetwood Mac

Meatloaf

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

REO Speedwagon

Eagles

ELO

B52's

Van Halen

Allman Brothers (Live at Fillmore East is the BEST album ever made)

Molly Hatchet

Steppenwolf

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Charlie Daniels Band

Styx

Ted Nugent

Mamas and Papas

The Cars

142242[/snapback]

Holy Classic rock Batman!!!! You, know...new bands are making new music...you dont HAVE to listen to 30 year old stuff :P:D

j/k...i really really like The Cars.

Holy Classic rock Batman!!!! You, know...new bands are making new music...you dont HAVE to listen to 30 year old stuff  :P   :D

j/k...i really really like The Cars.

142246[/snapback]

The old stuff is the good stuff!! I doubt the term "Classic Rock" will ever be applied to most of the crap put out today. Most of it sounds the same to me, some whiney voiced schlub crooning nasally about how depressing his life is :puke: .

No thanks, give me bands that sing songs about bagging hot chicks :big:

No thanks, give me bands that sing songs about bagging hot chicks  :big:

142251[/snapback]

The B-52s??? :poke::D:D

The old stuff is the good stuff!! I doubt the term "Classic Rock" will ever be applied to most of the crap put out today. Most of it sounds the same to me, some whiney voiced schlub crooning nasally about how depressing his life is :puke:

It is true. After you hit about 32-35 the Rap and Alternative stuff all sounds the same.

Just barely, Wasnt the Hughes Corporation (Dont Rock the Boat)out of Bham too?

142747[/snapback]

I don't know, but it sounds possible. I found this:

H. ANN KELLEY - Fairfield, Alabama

* Member of the Disco-soul group Hues Corporation a black vocal trio featuring two men and a woman, the Hues took its name from Howard Hughes (changing the spelling to avoid legal problems).

* Had its one big hit with "Rock the Boat" (#1, 1974), which sold over two million copies.

I also found this about Hotel:

About Lee Bargeron

Lee Bargeron started his career in audio in 1974 in Birmingham, Alabama. As a graduate of one of the Recording Institute of America's first courses in audio engineering, he was asked by the studio owner and course instructor to stay on at the studio as an engineer. While there he worked on numerous commercials and jingles as well as projects with Stax Records artist Frederick Knight, an aspiring songwriter named Beth Nielsen Chapman (then just Beth Nielsen) and an up and coming band called Hotel.

After a couple of years he left the studio to be live sound engineer with Hotel and began co-writing the band's material and engineering and singing back-up vocals on their demos. When the band was signed with Mercury Records it was decided that he should be added to the band's stage line-up, performing the back-up vocals, synthesizer/keyboard parts and guitar parts that were on the records but couldn't be played live with the existing roster. During this time Lee continued co-writing songs for the band who changed labels to MCA Records, released two albums (both co-mixed by Lee) and had four singles in Billboard Magazine's Hot 100 chart.

After Hotel's breakup, he continued performing regionally with the band The Extras, as well as working in the studio on jingle projects and demos. In 1989 he returned to working full time as an engineer in a new studio, Airwave Production Group, with one of his former Hotel bandmates, Marc Phillips.

Some songs I remember: You'll Love Again, Old Silver, You've Got another Thing Coming, You're Green Eyes, Hold on to the Night. Not Wise to Say

Archived