How awesome would this be

PChamp119

JC & Carnell

The article was talking about Gruden liking Jason Campbell. I didn't get the vibe that that Bucs would actually draft Jason, but how sweet would it be if JC and Carnell were on the same team together. We all know the Bucs haven't had a QB in years - JC could so turn everything around. It could be like being the backup behind Daniel Cobb and get everyone's support. Come out and kick some ass! He and Carnell would click so well.

JC & Carnell

The article was talking about Gruden liking Jason Campbell. I didn't get the vibe that that Bucs would actually draft Jason, but how sweet would it be if JC and Carnell were on the same team together. We all know the Bucs haven't had a QB in years - JC could so turn everything around. It could be like being the backup behind Daniel Cobb and get everyone's support. Come out and kick some ass! He and Carnell would click so well.

141740[/snapback]

since when is Tampa Bay looking for a tailback? They have Pittman and I think they're paying him a pretty good amount so i don't see them goin after a running back, at least not in the first round.

Guest Tigrinum Major
JC & Carnell

141740[/snapback]

since when is Tampa Bay looking for a tailback? They have Pittman and I think they're paying him a pretty good amount so i don't see them goin after a running back, at least not in the first round.

141745[/snapback]

They had three backs combine for about 900 yards last year. Gruden is high on Caddy and the feelings are mutual.

Campbell would not start right away. He took yrs to develop in college and will take more years to develop in the NFL.

Doubt the bucs will take him.

I think what helped Jason more than anything this year was his confidence. That to me is what took so long to develope. Now that he is confident in his ability I think he willl be a good Pro QB. Now granted I do not think he would make an immediate impact next year but I think he could be a starter once he gets the speed of the game down. :cheer::au:

I think everyone is forgetting one of the most important things about JC and his history:

I didn't hear much complaining in 2002 because his receivers were catching the ball.

In 2003: His receivers dropped soo many balls.

In 2004: His reveivers dropped like 3 passes all year and made some FANTASTIC catches.

Jason is and always has been fine - he just needs his receivers to catch the ball when he throws it to them.

His ability to scramble has always been fine as long as the O-Line doesn't just fall to their knees the second the ball is snapped. He's great at managing his time in the pocket and getting rid of the ball.

But for the Bucs: maybe their RB's didn't do well because of a terrible OL. Why would Carnell do any better? He didn't last year (2003) behind a terrible OL early in the season. A RB is only as good as his OL.

A RB is only as good as his OL.

Yes Sir.........What's the most important person on the field, aside from the Coaches..........The Center, and the other Four to Five most important people on the field........The rest of the Oline w/ the TE Blocking.........

They have Pittman

one of the most over-rated RB's in the NFL..i think he does make a ton, but thats not guaranteed money...2 words for mr. pittman...unconditional release

If Tampa does take Jason (unlikely), the moment he switches teams he'll have a great career just like Steve Young, Vinny T, Dilfer (not so great but still a Super Bowl), Doug Williams,......

I actually think Tampa would be a good fit for Caddy, but their the 5th pick and Caddy's determined to go higher. So we'll just have to see if his determination upgrades him or not.

I think there is a real possibility of this happening. I watched the South practice today and you could tell Gruden really favored JC and we know from other threads and ESPN.com how well he like Caddy. It would be awesome for them to team up in the pros. It could really happen.

i hate tampa. i think jon gruden is completely overrated as a coach. and i hate the bucs. if they draft carnell i'm gonna pissed. i don't ever like cheering against our guys in the league, but i'll be danged if i cheer the putrid pirates. oh my gosh that would make me sick seeing my favorite auburn player since bo on that sideline. and if they drafted jason, he'd be yelled at and put down just like gruden does all of his qbs. that's not the kind of coach jcam needs... i would prefer that he had a good one instead.

Archived