Bands you used to LOVE!!!!!!!!

tiger88

Van Halen.

This one is not a band, I realize, but I used to like Bryan Adams back in the Cuts Like A Knife/Summer of '69 days...somewhere about the time of that Robin Hood movie, he went over into the land of wussdom and hasn't been heard from since.

Creed

141898[/snapback]

Except for a song or two at most, I agree.

Some of the Alternative stuff is just dreadfully boring and depressing.

Van Halen (#@*! you Valerie Bertinelli)

U2

I was a big John Cougar Mellencamp fan, until he became a blithering idiot.

1. New Kids On The Block: I get so sick and tired of these guys going out on their own and trying to start new careers, especially when they have such a great thing going. I'm sorry but Donnie Wahlberg is just not that good of an actor.

2. Kajagoogoo: You're too shy, shy, hush, hush, eye to eye. Once I get that tune in my head, I'm just a slave to the beat the rest of the day. How could they think of following that up? I don't think so.

3. Spandau Ballet: The message is perfectly simple. The meaning is clear....Don't get me started, I've got work to do today.

4. N'Sync: An absolute travesty here guys. Justin was, is and always will be the backbone of this outfit. Oh sure, he could go back but do you really think it could ever be the same? Do I really need to answer that?

Guest Tigrinum Major
1. New Kids On The Block:  I get so sick and tired of these guys going out on their own and trying to start new careers, especially when they have such a great thing going.  I'm sorry but Donnie Wahlberg is just not that good of an actor.

2. Kajagoogoo: You're too shy, shy, hush, hush, eye to eye.  Once I get that tune in my head, I'm just a slave to the beat the rest of the day.  How could they think of following that up?  I don't think so.

3. Spandau Ballet: The message is perfectly simple.  The meaning is clear....Don't get me started, I've got work to do today.

4. N'Sync: An absolute travesty here guys.  Justin was, is and always will be the backbone of this outfit.  Oh sure, he could go back but do you really think it could ever be the same?  Do I really need to answer that?

142083[/snapback]

How could you even admit to EVER liking ANY of these groups? :poke:

I used to like Metallica before they cut their hair and became money-grubbing little brats.

142126[/snapback]

I was never a huge metallica fan, but wanted to see them live. When I was in Atl. we got tickets for a big rock show and the only reason we went was for metallica. Kid rock, korn, and powerman 5000 were also playing. Kid rock sucked as I expected, korn was okay and 4 hours into it and after a 1 hour + delay between groups they came out and announced that hatfield had had a jet ski accident and metallica wouldn't be playing. They did bring out the other members to play some total crap with the likes of kid rock, whom I don't care for at all and we left 5 minutes into it.

I guess what I'm saying is that I hate those bastges now too :lol: .

If it weren't for the joshua tree and achtung baby I would despise u2 now too. Talk about losing your musical edge :blink: .

If it weren't for the joshua tree and achtung baby I would despise u2 now too. Talk about losing your musical edge  :blink: .

142182[/snapback]

Really?

U2 officially made my list because of those albums (and everything after, of course).

I'm gonna bail out AUesquire and say that when I saw the title of this thread, New Kids on the Block came to mind. Also, not a band but still fits the catagory, Bobby Brown.

1. Metallica- don't ever tell me it is for the love of the music again!

2. Guns N Roses - never realized that Axle Rose was such a cowardly punk

3. Slaughter - high pitched screaming now annoys me.

If it weren't for the joshua tree and achtung baby I would despise u2 now too. Talk about losing your musical edge  :blink: .

142182[/snapback]

Really?

U2 officially made my list because of those albums (and everything after, of course).

142268[/snapback]

Joshua tree is one of my favorites of all time. The radio songs really got badly worn out and other than w/ or w/o you I don't care for those. Exit is an unbelievable song, so is one tree hill, red hill mining town as well. There are a couple of other good ones on there too.

Achtung wasn't that great, but the song one is one of my all time favorites by any band.

The sweetest thing is the most disgusting sellout of a song from a band once as good as u2 as I have ever heard.

His head felt heavy

as he cut across the land

a dog started crying

like a broken hearted man

at the howling wing

the howling wind

He went deeper into black

deeper into white

see the stars shining like nails in the night

he felt the healing,healing,healing,healing

hands of love like a star shiny shiny from above

hand went in the pocket

finger on the steel

the pistol weighed heavy

and his heart he could feel was

beating,beating,beating,beating

all my love, all my love......(exit)

You gave me nothing, now it's all I've got. (one)

Hootie and the Blowfish

141940[/snapback]

Yeah, in the early days of that first album I thought they were darn good. I heard "Let her cry" come on the radio the other day and couldn't change it fast enough.

142182[/snapback]

I loved the old stuff, but also liked "All that you can't leave behind." I'm aging along with these guys. B)

Hootie and the Blowfish

141940[/snapback]

Yeah, in the early days of that first album I thought they were darn good. I heard "Let her cry" come on the radio the other day and couldn't change it fast enough.

142531[/snapback]

I never liked those guys. From day one I called them "pootie and the suckfish". They shoulda just called let her cry "I'm a big pu##y".

I woke up this morning and I cried

Poured a bowl of cereal, spilled some milk, and I cried

Was late for work, and I cried

Cried too much, and I cried

OK, I'm done.

afa u2, I have been so turned of by what I have heard from them lately that I haven't listened to a complete album from their newer stuff. Maybe I should.

Hootie and the Blowfish

141940[/snapback]

142531[/snapback]

I never liked those guys. From day one I called them "pootie and the suckfish". They shoulda just called let her cry "I'm a big pu##y".

I woke up this morning and I cried

Poured a bowl of cereal, spilled some milk, and I cried

Was late for work, and I cried

Cried too much, and I cried

OK, I'm done.

afa u2, I have been so turned of by what I have heard from them lately that I haven't listened to a complete album from their newer stuff. Maybe I should.

142538[/snapback]

Well, the Dolphins make them cry, too. Still like Darius Rucker's voice, though.

I haven't listened to the most recent U2 album but a couple of times, so it hasn't really grown on me, but the I've listened to the one before that quite a bit.

They made a hell of a living off that guys voice. I am more of a lyrics guy though and their lyrics were beyond pathetic on most of their radio songs.

Archived