Any News on Our New DC?

The Prowler

I was just wondering..........If anyone with some Inside Info. Please Spill

143356[/snapback]

According to one well known poster it will be one of these three (liklihood in this order)

1. R.C. Slocumb

2a. Randy Shannon

2b. Dave Campo

Take R.C. Slocomb off the list. CTT has said it would not be anyone he has worked with in the past. It will someone with NFL experience and who either is now or has been a DC previously.

Oh BTW, it could come as early as next week. Whoever it is needs to get on board quickly since spring drills come early. :big:

It will someone with NFL experience and who either is now or has been a DC previously.

143362[/snapback]

Hope Bama didn't rely on this theory to win championships.

Take R.C. Slocomb off the list.  CTT has said it would not be anyone he has worked with in the past.  It will someone with NFL experience and who either is now or has been a DC previously.

Oh BTW, it could come as early as next week.  Whoever it is needs to get on board quickly since spring drills come early.  :big:

143362[/snapback]

OK, that would mean that none of these guys qualify. He was the DC under Slocumb. He was an assistant coach with Campo, and He coached Shannon. I am not sure if the last one counts as "worked with in the past," but if so I am at ground zero again. David gave the hint of Ensminger. Maybe that just meant that he is coaching in high school some where right now.

Maybe he was talking about me. Gotta get off line, Tubbs is trying to contact me!

Take R.C. Slocomb off the list.  CTT has said it would not be anyone he has worked with in the past.  It will someone with NFL experience and who either is now or has been a DC previously.

Oh BTW, it could come as early as next week.  Whoever it is needs to get on board quickly since spring drills come early.  :big:

143362[/snapback]

OK, that would mean that none of these guys qualify. He was the DC under Slocumb. He was an assistant coach with Campo, and He coached Shannon. I am not sure if the last one counts as "worked with in the past," but if so I am at ground zero again. David gave the hint of Ensminger. Maybe that just meant that he is coaching in high school some where right now.

Maybe he was talking about me. Gotta get off line, Tubbs is trying to contact me!

143367[/snapback]

High School... Here is an idea. Promote Joe Whitt to DC (God knows he has earned it), and hire Hoover head coach Rush Propst. All this guys does is win. He could coach the secondary, and be our recruiting coordinator. Why wouldn't this work?

Sounds good to me. Also, another name I haven't heard mentioned is Tracy Rocker. He is an Auburn Legend, and also a monster recruiter.

Also, another name I haven't heard mentioned is Tracy Rocker.  He is an Auburn Legend, and also a monster recruiter.

143380[/snapback]

Tracy was just hired by the Packers. I doubt he's looking to jump ship before he even starts his new job.

I've heard that Campo is going to be named the LSU DC.

Rush needs to go to bammer and help Coach hula on his cursing........Maybe give him a few pointers.....Like, use the Middle Finger like I did during our Championship Game towards the Prattville fans........We don't need that kinda Coaching 'round here........Coach Rock's my Dog, He Coached DL at UWA (West Alabama (ie Livingston) when I was playing there back in '97.....Dude, he's Freakin' Huge. Also, one of the Meanest Coaches that I've ever played for or heard of.......I played for Coach Willie Wyatt (Former bammer stud) at Gardendale High........

Also, another name I haven't heard mentioned is Tracy Rocker.  He is an Auburn Legend, and also a monster recruiter.

143380[/snapback]

Tracy was just hired by the Packers. I doubt he's looking to jump ship before he even starts his new job.

143383[/snapback]

Where did you hear that Rocker was hired by Packers. I know they are interested in him, but I haven't seen a press release yet.

Campo to LSU? I have read that they really want Snyder from Ohio State U.

If I had to guess at the moment who our new DC will be...

1. Dave Campo

2. David Gibbs

143380[/snapback]

143383[/snapback]

Where did you hear that Rocker was hired by Packers. I know they are interested in him, but I haven't seen a press release yet.

Campo to LSU? I have read that they really want Snyder from Ohio State U.

If I had to guess at the moment who our new DC will be...

1. Dave Campo

2. David Gibbs

143389[/snapback]

Whoops...jumped the gun. I thought it was a done deal, but it looks like it's going to happen for him.

http://sheboyganpress.packersnews.com/arch..._19558168.shtml

The following is from an article on ITAT. It is not directly quoted.

,,,,,,,, look for Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville to name a new defensive coordinator by the end of the week.

CTT isn’t talking about who it might be, but it seems likely the choice will be someone who has NFL experience, has been a college coordinator and believes in the 4-3 defense. It’s not expected to be someone with whom Tuberville has worked previously.

There will not be a number of candidates visiting campus for interviews as with past hires. It’s a matter of going through the required process to get it done.

The new coordinator will need to hit the ground running. He’ll only have about a month to get ready for spring practice. But he will still have it easier than Al Borges did last year. If you remember, Borges took over the offense just two weeks before the start of spring practice.

Logan will be cleared of all charges and he'll be back in business within the week. Besides, we haven't disassociated him yet. Just think of the recruits we'd get for a few years. Oh sure, we'd eventually get caught and be facing the death penalty from the NCAA but the glory years could be something we could talk to our grandchildren about. Mike and Logan, together again on the Plains. Makes you get all warm and fuzzy just thinkin' about it.

Mike and Logan, together again on the Plains.  Makes you get all warm and fuzzy just thinkin' about it.

Yea.......That's the feeling I get when I drink too much Makers.....Then I Throw Up....

It will someone with NFL experience and who either is now or has been a DC previously.

143362[/snapback]

143364[/snapback]

Since when does API's DC have anything to do with UA? BTW, both schools had a championship defense this year.

Roll Tide! :ua:

143362[/snapback]

143364[/snapback]

Since when does API's DC have anything to do with UA? BTW, both schools had a championship defense this year.

143421[/snapback]

No, only Auburn had a championship defense. To have a "championship" anything, you must have won a championship. Bama won nothing.

143362[/snapback]

143364[/snapback]

143421[/snapback]

No, only Auburn had a championship defense. To have a "championship"

anything, you must have won a championship. Bama won nothing.

143424[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Wait. They WON vs their own offense, but then again, who didn't?

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

bama had a defense that put up nice stats, but never contributed to a big win. in their last opportunity to prove they were stiff against the run, they got gashed for nearly 300 yards. best performance of the year was half a game against auburn.... not a championship defense if you continually give up fourth quarter points in tight games.

i'm really looking forward to seeing who tubby comes up with. i think he's going to hire a guy he's known and wanted to work with for a while. no idea who, i just think it'll be someone that gets tubby excited.

I have been reading about David Gibbs.  He is a graduate of Auburn (Ala.) High School.  Nice resume'.

David Gibbs Info Page

143478[/snapback]

well, ya'll probably already know this, but this is Alex Gibbs' son. Alex Gibbs is the assistant HC at Atlanta this year. Before that he was the OL coach at Denver for an eternity. He is credited with being repsonsible for one of the best and consistent rushing systems in the NFL. He was our OC from 79-81.

Maybe the son doesn't fall to far from the tree... of course he coaches defense, but coaching is coaching!

Archived