Men vs. Ole Miss - Game Thread

WarTiger

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course I can complain about refs all I want, but this is a bad basketball team right now. Getting Wiley was good, but AU has been just awful as a team since he got here. 

Is there anything this team does well? ANYTHING? The answer is no. I know we are young, and should get better but so far BP has laid a big fat egg on this season. We are no better now than we were at the beginning of the season. Arguably worse. Will be lucky to finish .500 with a team this dysfunctional. 

6 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I've got this terrible feeling pretty much every conference game is going to  be like the Georgia game or the Vandy game, take your pick.

All three games have been pretty disappointing. Expected to win 2 of the 3. Now 0-3 and probably looking at March at home, and I don't mean an NIT home game. Bruce has a long, long way to go with this bunch of "talent". 

3 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

We simply can not close games. Symptom of being young, but you wouldn't have suspected it from non-conference play. I hate it, but we are not as good as I was hoping we would be. 

It's sad that when we are up by 1 I see a 10 point deficit coming soon. And.....as aim typing this we go down 12. Meltdown commence...again....and again.....and again.... hope these guys can get their heads straight and make a comeback. This is really starting to look worse than last year which is downright disturbing. Now we can add Purifoy on crutches... a:'(

Will we win as many SEC games this year as we did last year?  The way conference play is going so far we will be lucky to do so.  This team plays with no chemistry or confidence in each other

Just now, boisnumber1 said:

Is there anything this team does well? ANYTHING? The answer is no. I know we are young, and should get better but so far BP has laid a big fat egg on this season. We are no better now than we were at the beginning of the season. Arguably worse. Will be lucky to finish .500 with a team this dysfunctional. 

They defend the in bounds pass well. After that, it's a crap shoot. 

All this one and done talk...

we have no one on this team that's a 1 and done... No one!!!

Wiley won't be a force til he's a junior or senior!  Heron and Purifoy will become a great tandem after year 2 or 3... Harper will be a solid point over time... but, like I said, we're 1-2 years away.

Just now, Altima said:

Wiley won't be a force til he's a junior or senior!  Heron and Purifoy will become a great tandem after year 2 or 3... Harper will be a solid point over time... but, like I said, we're 1-2 years away.

I agree. This one and done talk is a bit premature.

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

All three games have been pretty disappointing. Expected to win 2 of the 3. Now 0-3 and probably looking at March at home, and I don't mean an NIT home game. Bruce has a long, long way to go with this bunch of COACHING 

FIFY. Players are capable. COACHING doesn't seem to be getting through. At least we called a timeout this time to stop the bleeding. 

2 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

It will only get better with experience... We have the pieces in place.  We just have to be patient with them.

Just now, Altima said:

Purifoy all but disappeared after his last big game in mid December. This ankle won't help matters. 

I'll be tickled pink if we can at least make this one competitive again, but these refs do us no favors. Bruce had a point when he was talking about Saiz before.

8 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

We simply can not close games. Symptom of being young, but you wouldn't have suspected it from non-conference play. I hate it, but we are not as good as I was hoping we would be. 

^^^This.  Exactly right, Auburn cannot finish games.  I have lost count on how many first half leads (sometimes big leads) auburn has lost in the second half

Just now, Altima said:

It will only get better with experience... We have the pieces in place.  We just have to be patient with them.

Patients wears a bit thin when the team is clearly regressing in every single area of the game. 

3 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

We do a lot of things well, we just don't do it consistently enough.  There's a difference.

Archived