Aaron Rodgers

GwillMac6

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Whaaaaat?! Rodgers never played like crap this season. when was he?  The rest of the team was. Been the story of his whole career.   He would extend plays and keep the play alive for a ungodly amount of time and dudes were just not getting open. Jordy is legit but cobb and adams were exposed last season when they had to step up when jordy was out for the whole year and could not do it.

http://www.si.com/nfl/video/2017/01/03/aaron-rodgers-turnaround-packers-thinking-super-bowl

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

about as well as people trying to downplay him and his talent last week! I love it. seems to be a good reverse jinx. Keep it up and maybe we will finally get to see Arod get that long awaited ring number 2!  WOOO!!! LETS GO! haha

Ben has him beat

Just now, aujeff11 said:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00.htm I just want you to point out the stretch of games he was playing like crap and was the reason packers were swooning.

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Ben has him beat

No one has rodgers beat in the talent department and how great he plays the position. now resume? sure. brady and ben have him beat along with montana YAAAAAAAA BOY flat top and others. Just never seen anyone play the QB position as great as he does.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00.htm I just want you to point out the stretch of games he was playing like crap and was the reason packers were swooning.

Did you even watch the video? 

His WRs are elite. His offense should've been awesome from the beginning.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Did you even watch the video? 

His WRs are elite. His offense should've been awesome from the beginning.

I disagree hugely with elite. Jordy is great that is it and he just won back to back playoff games without him. hey were team rodgers!!! what are you doing?!

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

You win greatest of all time as a cheese head even Bart

you mean the guy who had a losing record at baaaaaaamuh pawwwwwwwwl?!

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I disagree hugely with elite. Jordy is great that is it and he just won back to back playoff games without him. hey were team rodgers!!! what are you doing?!

Jared Cook, Randall cobb, and Jordy Nelson are all very good. So is the OL.  

Rodgers isn't the most talented QB either. He doesn't have the best speed, the best agility, or the best arm. He just has it all put together. 

Best QB and most talented QB means two different things...a distinction that can easily separate a Michael Vick from a Peyton Manning.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Rodgers isn't the most talented QB either. He doesn't have the best speed, the best agility, or the best arm. He just has it all put together. 

Best QB and most talented QB means two different things...a distinction that can easily separate a Michael Vick from a Peyton Manning.

exactly! you take all a qbs biggest strengths and HE HAS IT ONE guy that to me equals the most talented! 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I do not view vick as most talented even though he had a rocket arm and was a speed demon because he was not accurate and just not a very good passer to begin with. He had a lot of negative things about him that held him back from maxing out his God given ability.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I guess I don't see physical gifts as talents as much as I do the ability to use them. I think Rogers uses what he has better than a Vick or a Cam, and for that reason I think he's more talented. Less gifted in some areas, sure. 

When I talk about most talented here is what I mean. He has steve youngs wheels (yes not as great as vick obviously) and his ability to extend the play consistently is something I have never seen before in a great NFL QB and not a running one.  The quick release and arm strength of marino. the accuracy of drew brees (or whoever you view as a deadly accurate QB) When I say most talented you combine all these all time greats abilities combined in to one and you have aaron rodgers. IMO of course.

If you put Vick or Cam in Rogers body, would they be able to do what he does? I don't think they would. I think Rogers could do what they did if he had their bodies. Maybe that's what I mean. No knock on those guys, who are also incredibly talented. I just think Rodgers is in a world of his own right now. 

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

If you put Vick or Cam in Rogers body, would they be able to do what he does? I don't think they would. I think Rogers could do what they did if he had their bodies. Maybe that's what I mean. No knock on those guys, who are also incredibly talented. I just think Rodgers is in a world of his own right now. 

You hold Rodgers way too high than he deserves right now. He is good. Not that good. 

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

When I talk about most talented here is what I mean. He has steve youngs wheels (yes not as great as vick obviously) and his ability to extend the play consistently is something I have never seen before in a great NFL QB and not a running one.  The quick release and arm strength of marino. the accuracy of drew brees (or whoever you view as a deadly accurate QB) When I say most talented you combine all these all time greats abilities combined in to one and you have aaron rodgers. IMO of course.

Pull yourself together and take off the goo goo gah gah eyes ? 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

You hold Rodgers way too high than he deserves right now. He is good. Not that good. 

he is GOD level at his best. his best? no one can do or achieve.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Well, we are all entitled to an opinion. In my opinion, he's the best quarterback in the league. I'm not alone in that. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Pull yourself together and take off the goo goo gah gah eyes ? 

I am smitten!!!! I love him even more than Nick Marshall! haha

Tom Brady on Rodgers.  “I think he does things that no one in the league has ever done, or can do, just because of his physical ability,” Brady said during his weekly interview. “Some of the plays he makes are just phenomenal. I’ve seen a lot of them. Not just the throws, but the scrambles. He had one in the Giants game and some of the plays yesterday."

Guess I'm not the only one giving him way too much credit. 

https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usatoday.com/2017/01/tom-brady-aaron-rodgers-is-good-nfl-playoffs-green-bay-packers-new-england-patriots/amp?client=ms-android-verizon

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Tom Brady on Rodgers.  “I think he does things that no one in the league has ever done, or can do, just because of his physical ability,” Brady said during his weekly interview. “Some of the plays he makes are just phenomenal. I’ve seen a lot of them. Not just the throws, but the scrambles. He had one in the Giants game and some of the plays yesterday."

Guess I'm not the only one giving him way too much credit. 

Players say this stuff all the time. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

after seeing a super bowl last year where the winning qb could barely complete a forward pass and had the difficulties of Daniel Cobb playing the position I am just glad we have 4 great qbs left in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

lol "people have opinions all the time." I can't recall Tom Brady ever giving another quarterback this sort of praise. 

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

after seeing a super bowl last year where the winning qb could barely complete a forward pass and had the difficulties of Daniel Cobb playing the position I am just glad we have 4 great qbs left in the playoffs.

Still think Brady is the GOAT. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Still think Brady is the GOAT. 

lol I was trying to make peace extend a olive branch and make fun of noodle arm big ass forehead peyton manning like I love to do and you started another fire just like the doors would! UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 

Archived