New D.C.

PowerI

Do anybody know what happened with Gibbs when he got fired at Denver? Also, Does anybody know what Denver's pass defense was rated? I've heard that he was let go because he didn't get along with Mike Shanahan, but it seems that it was a bit unclear.

That's basically it. I heard that it had something to do with the defensive coordinator as well. There was some talk that he got his nose out of joint because some of the players were coming to Gibbs when they didn't understand something about the scheme instead of coming to him. Like he was threatened by that. Seems kinda stupid to me, but not exactly far-fetched. Some of these guys have tremendous egos. I'd let it roll off me...some guys feel that certain coaches are more approachable or they just explain things better to them.

I don't know. No one is saying much of anything so we don't really know for sure.

That's basically it.  I heard that it had something to do with the defensive coordinator as well.  There was some talk that he got his nose out of joint because some of the players were coming to Gibbs when they didn't understand something about the scheme instead of coming to him.  Like he was threatened by that.  Seems kinda stupid to me, but not exactly far-fetched.  Some of these guys have tremendous egos.  I'd let it roll off me...some guys feel that certain coaches are more approachable or they just explain things better to them.

I don't know.  No one is saying much of anything so we don't really know for sure.

144457[/snapback]

I know Gibbs and there's more to it than that.... but, when you are as a fiery competitor as Gibbs then things are bound to happen. ... we need to be concerned with his future... i've been fired before..couple of times.... best thing that ever happened to me.. I think Gibbs feels the same way since he is getting the chance to come back to AU.. who here has ever been fired before?

I've never been Fired.....Of course I'm only 26 and have worked at only 14 different places (started when I was 15) :big: ...........I think that's one of the reasons why we hired Gibbs, because of his Fireiness (That's a word, because I just typed it :big: )......We need someone like him to Light a Fire under us......But, also someone who takes the time to explain every little detail to the Individual......Kinda like Coach Chiz.......I can't wait to see what he can do for our DB(s).

I'm too lazy to go back and look it up, but I'm pretty sure I read an article that someone posted on here that said that it was really a mystery as to why Shanahan fired him, but I could be wrong. And is it really 4:41 in the morning?

Denver's pass D was rated 6th in the NFL for passing yards a game for the regular season.

Link

They were rated 4th in total defense.

Link

that looks pretty good to me

Archived