Senate Dem Blasts "Obamaphone" Program

Proud Tiger

Sen, Claire McCaskill blasts the Omamaphone program citing fraudulent reporting and complete lack of oversight. While so many are blasting Trump the truth is slowly coming out about the incompetentcy of the Obama administration.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/30/senate-democrat-blasts-obamaphone-ove

In principle, I don't have a big issue with the program (it's actually just a modernization of the landline program Reagan started).  Helping people have access to emergency services and being able to be reached in this day seems reasonable for all sorts of public safety reasons if nothing else, and more and more the landline is going the way of the dinosaur with most people only having a cellphone today.  But any program like this needs to be monitored closely so that our money goes to help the problem it's meant to help with, not enrich corporations on the taxpayer dime.

17 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

In principle, I don't have a big issue with the program (it's actually just a modernization of the landline program Reagan started).  Helping people have access to emergency services and being able to be reached in this day seems reasonable for all sorts of public safety reasons if nothing else, and more and more the landline is going the way of the dinosaur with most people only having a cellphone today.  But any program like this needs to be monitored closely so that our money goes to help the problem it's meant to help with, not enrich corporations on the taxpayer dime.

I agree but that is precisely what wasn't done.

Archived