PBS Poll: More Americans trust Trump than the media

30% of the public trust the media

37% of the public trust the Trump administration

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/wp-content/misc/usapolls/us170621_PBS_NPR/NPR_PBS NewsHour_Marist Poll_National Nature of the Sample and Tables_Democracy_Trust_July 2017.pdf

Ouch............ 

The thing that should be pointed out is that even Independents don't trust the media. It's not only hardcore Trumpers and Republicans who distrust the media. A majority of Independents don't have trust in the media either. You can't blame it all on Trump for the distrust when Independents aren't trusting of the media. It's more than just a Trump problem that the media has, it's a trust problem.

Coming from PBS that says a lot. CNN is definitely killing itsel with their hate for Trump. Even MSNBC was ahead of them  in recent Nielsen ratings. FOX has been #1 for ever.

Some of y'all are reading what you want into this. The hardcore Trumper third report they trust a pathological liar cuz that's what cultists do. Right now most folks aren't ready to make a blanket claim of trust in many things. This poll didn't ask which do you trust more, Trump or the media-- (which would include Breitbart, Fox and other propagandists.) The one below had people choose between Trump and CNN-- CNN won:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/ken-walshs-washington/articles/2017-07-05/americans-trust-cnn-more-than-they-trust-president-trump-poll-says%3Fcontext%3Damp

BTW, without the forced choice, I wouldn't pick either. Forced to choose, no brainer.

Asking if one trusts the "media" is kind of a stacked question.  No one in their right mind would trust the "media" if that is (presumably) all inclusive.

Personally, I trust only PBS in the broadcast field and the major newspapers in the publishing field.  That's about it.

My post wasn't just about making Trump out to be more trustworthy than the media, the thing I was touching on was how it's not just Trump sycophants who don't believe "fake news". A majority of Independents don't trust the media.

56% of Democrats in the survey said that they have a good amount of trust in the media.

On 7/7/2017 at 0:01 PM, TitanTiger said:

The real story is that between 63 and 70 percent trust neither.

Agreed.  The media also entails Fox, etc.   Trust in the media was stronger until one Australian created a news company that was going to be biased and run on a joke of a slogan and slant news and call other news outlets names creating an atmosphere that we have now.

Archived