Worst Bands/Acts, Bands/Acts You Love to Hate!

DKW 86

I like to listen to all types of music and I really like the old stuff from the 60's and 70's, but I can't stand most country b/c the singers suck big time except for a few, the lyrics are good but the voices are crap. Hip hop/ rap gets old after awhile cause its all bout "hos and bros and who has the most bling bling", some of it is good. Lay off of Sir Paul, my mom loves him, I think he is alright plus I just heard his version of "Lonesome Town" :thumbsup: . I like old stuff but the one guy I can't stand is James Tayler :puke::thumbsdown: , I liked that song about going back to Carolina but after a while it got old.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DKW, I know enough to know that you have never sat down and listened to an eminem record. I used to think the same way you did, closed minded. I won "The eminem Show" off the radio in atlanta and was blown away. The guy is nothing short of a lyrical genius. Eminem is his professional persona although he does heavily inject things with his own life experiences. Alot of the stuff that really pisses people off is put there intentionally and is part of his persona.

Gee, he sounds like a rolling Jerry Springer Show... I have listened to some, not much, of his music. I just dont like hip-hype. You know, that is where you have to purposefully anger, encite, whatever, to keep people talking about you because you have no true talent. Just ask Madonna, BS, CA, etc. If it werent for bare butts and raunchy trash lyrics no one would know their names. Eddie Murphy learned a great lesson. Quit cussing and show your talent. Just like Bill Cosby told him. He is now making great entertaining movies and back in business. Of course he could have kept on cussing and ended up like Lenny Bruce. With Marshall Mathers, does he emulate Michael Jordan's balck Culture? No. Does he emulate Colin Powell, Condi Rice, Thurgood Marshall, MLKjr? Why do people choose to dwell on the crap of life is beyond me.

You can call him a rip off of black culture just remember that he grew up in that culture and it is as much his as any black persons.

Hey, just like Vanilla Ice...with less talent.... and far less class.

Eminem, Vanilla Ice wannabe?

BTW eminem on his best day, won an OSCAR and a GRAMMY in the same year. Do you realize how funny you look sitting here ripping on him as a no talent performer. Hey that's okay, the greater a performer or athlete you are the more hata's you have.

Bill Clinton has two Grammy's and Bugs Bunny has an Oscar. Paragons of genius they are not. Awards are often like hemmorhoids, sooner or later everybody gets one.

Don't worry DKW, I know what your worst fear is and it probably won't come true.

And just what would my worst fear be? I feel a real embarassing moment for you coming on real fast here. :yes:

I was going to post some of his lyrics here to prove my point, I will just do the link.

Read at your own risk.

What does it say about you when all you dom is cuss? Maybe you arent intelligent enough to say anything else.

Genius? :roflol:

first, i am not an eminem fan. i personally don't care for rap as well as dance, christian, classical, mexican and ... for various reasons; however, (for the most part) i don't deny the talent of these artists. since i don't care for the music styles listed it would be unfair of me to judge these individuals and the talent they posses (being open minded). in the music i do like i do not prefer certain entertainers because of the lack of talent, style, etc.. which i feel i can be non bias.

therefore,

Eminem  When did it become fashionable for White Boys to steal Black Culture?

did he really steal black culture or did he grow up in an area that influenced him or found hip-hop/rap to be his forte after trying various musical styles? i'm leaning towards one of the later. from what i read he is a white entertainer that has musical ability ("true talent") in the rap genre and is widely accepted by that particular industry's leaders. like it or not he will be in their hall of fame, if they do have one? contrastingly, vanilla ice or marky mark who i believe stole black culture was to some extent a failure in the rap industry.

With Marshall Mathers, does he emulate Michael Jordan's balck Culture? No. Does he emulate Colin Powell, Condi Rice, Thurgood Marshall, MLKjr? Why do people choose to dwell on the crap of life is beyond me.

can't that argument be said about any culture and their "leaders". do all christians

emulate christ? do all white folks emulate G.W., Clinton and etc.

I was going to post some of his lyrics here to prove my point, I will just do the link.;What does it say about you when all you dom is cuss? Maybe you arent intelligent enough to say anything else.

again; however, this time being closed minded, i can't understand why anyone would listen to this crap. oh i forgot, some people prefer vanilla while others prefer chocolate. now being open minded with no fog in my head, you can't say he isn't intelligent or lacks talent; its the style much like any other songs in the rap genre.

back to the subject:

i would have to add a group called meco to my small list....they did a rendition of the star wars theme, cantina style. i heard it this morning on satellite radio and found it amusing yet horrible. i believe bill murray sang to it while on snl or in one of his movies.

DKW, I know enough to know that you have never sat down and listened to an eminem record. I used to think the same way you did, closed minded. I won "The eminem Show" off the radio in atlanta and was blown away. The guy is nothing short of a lyrical genius. Eminem is his professional persona although he does heavily inject things with his own life experiences. Alot of the stuff that really pisses people off is put there intentionally and is part of his persona.

Gee, he sounds like a rolling Jerry Springer Show... I have listened to some, not much, of his music. I just dont like hip-hype. You know, that is where you have to purposefully anger, encite, whatever, to keep people talking about you because you have no true talent. Just ask Madonna, BS, CA, etc. If it werent for bare butts and raunchy trash lyrics no one would know their names. Eddie Murphy learned a great lesson. Quit cussing and show your talent. Just like Bill Cosby told him. He is now making great entertaining movies and back in business. Of course he could have kept on cussing and ended up like Lenny Bruce. With Marshall Mathers, does he emulate Michael Jordan's balck Culture? No. Does he emulate Colin Powell, Condi Rice, Thurgood Marshall, MLKjr? Why do people choose to dwell on the crap of life is beyond me.

You can call him a rip off of black culture just remember that he grew up in that culture and it is as much his as any black persons.

Hey, just like Vanilla Ice...with less talent.... and far less class.

Eminem, Vanilla Ice wannabe?

BTW eminem on his best day, won an OSCAR and a GRAMMY in the same year. Do you realize how funny you look sitting here ripping on him as a no talent performer. Hey that's okay, the greater a performer or athlete you are the more hata's you have.

Bill Clinton has two Grammy's and Bugs Bunny has an Oscar. Paragons of genius they are not. Awards are often like hemmorhoids, sooner or later everybody gets one.

Don't worry DKW, I know what your worst fear is and it probably won't come true.

And just what would my worst fear be? I feel a real embarassing moment for you coming on real fast here. :yes:

I was going to post some of his lyrics here to prove my point, I will just do the link.

Read at your own risk.

What does it say about you when all you dom is cuss? Maybe you arent intelligent enough to say anything else.

Genius? :roflol:

147689[/snapback]

Yes, genius. I only have 2 of his albums and enjoy them tremendously. I really don't care for the degree of anger/rage in his first two albums.

To me when an artist reaches deep inside him/herself and shares part of what makes them tick it can be true art. I also believe that early in life you are much more prone to be a victim of your surroundings. I don't think that you would ever admit that if you grew up in the exact shoes he did that you would be anything like him, but I think you very possibly would. You wouldn't be the exact same at all but you would have a lot in common. He is just so different from you that you feel the need to distance yourself from him and attack him due to whatever insecurities are motivating you.

He cusses alot, so what? I grew up in my early years on a military base and to this day, I still have trouble with cursing more than I'd like to. Do you ever curse DKW? Ever say the f word? The s word? I know I have seen you use the old wtf monogram several times before and we all know what that stands for. Please enlighten us with exactly what the allowed amount of cursing is :lol: .

Your greatest fear? I was half joking when I said that, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was right. If you really want to know I will pm you if you promise not to go off the deep end.

Go ahead punk, make my day...send the PM. lol

Hey guys, seriously. I am just :poke: to get this thread going and try to make the boring part of the year bearable.

eminem is what he is. I dont like his music. I find him to drone on and on. he is far to repititious with his instruments for me to call anything he does really original. You could do 80% of his soundtracks with one keyboard.

I do not find belittling women to be an attribute. I find NOT being able to express yourself without cursing, every other line, to be really teling of you and your audience.

I am the youth director at my church. I deal with kids that have listened to this kind of self expression, and others, and have modeled themselves after these losers.

Look, music can be a great thing in life. I am taking my group to Mercy Me soon. I love great music. I like seeing really great creative art.

Art produced on an assembly line, nor art produced from one of life's dumpsters, is pretty.

But, wth do I know.... ;)

I agree with most of the schlubs listed so far, but you all left one big one off your lists....Ricky Martin. If I hear "Livin' la vida loca" one more time I'm going to :puke:

BTW, the next person that adds the Allman Brothers to their list is gonna wind up on the fightin' side of me!! :boxing:

I cant understand why anyone would put the Allman Brothers on this list? Out of all the talentless crap out there why list the Allmans? Seriously, what is it about the Allman brothers band that some of you hate so much? Is it the AMAZING songwriting and guitar work or the badass gravely voice of Greg Allman that you hate more than Ashlee Simpson? :blink:

Celene (?) Dione NO talent and UGLY too! <_<

It's not that I hate the Allman Brothers, they are just so overplayed on the radio, I hate to hear them. I'd also throw in The Eagles, Steve Miller Band, and Lynard Skynard, I just can't listen to them anymore. They are the reason I switched to talk radio.

I used to sit in my garage and listen to it while drinking beer when I first got married almost every night. Now I only listen to it in the car when driving, only a few minutes each night. I kind of prefer the Lars Larson show now, but it's damn funny when Savage hangs up the phone on some Left-wing crybaby, then calls him a dumba$$.

It's not that I hate the Allman Brothers, they are just so overplayed on the radio, I hate to hear them.  I'd also throw in The Eagles, Steve Miller Band, and Lynard Skynard, I just can't listen to them anymore.  They are the reason I switched to talk radio.

147858[/snapback]

Oh ok. That makes a bit of sense to me now. I kinda liked the new Greenday stuff until they wore it out so bad on the radio. Now it irritates me to the point I have to change the station immediately.

I'd also throw in The Eagles, Steve Miller Band, and Lynard Skynard  :blink:

Say it aint so deep, say it aint so.

BTW, I understand the "played into the ground thing." On WTAK here in HSV, they have played Jethro Tull till I cannot stand to hear even one song come on anymore. Aqualung :puke:

Dee Snider, former lead-singer of Twisted Sister, has a nationally syndicated radio show called The House of Hair. It comes on here in Jxn, MS on Sunday nights, Iron Maiden gets played on that show. It's one of the few times I get to hear Iron Maiden on the radio since WEGL used to play them on Thur nights.

It's not that I hate the Allman Brothers, they are just so overplayed on the radio, I hate to hear them. I'd also throw in The Eagles, Steve Miller Band, and Lynard Skynard, I just can't listen to them anymore. They are the reason I switched to talk radio.

i thought, "are you kidding about being overplayed", then i saw you were from mississippii. :poke:

it is a rare treat to hear them on the radio in oregon. in fact, i've switched to satellite radio and have not turned to fm or am in 2 months. the nice treat about satellite is they do play iron maiden, allman brothers and etc...on a routine basis but not the same song over and over. if you don't have sat. radio i would look in to it.

I kind of prefer the Lars Larson show now

this guy is great. he broadcasts from pdx, oregon. i listen to his local show (via internet @ work) but not the national syndicated version.

Tiger88,

I'm not trying to rag on you dude, but being 37 and listening to M&M is sad.

147761[/snapback]

Well, it's at times like these that I'm glad your opinion is meaningless to me. :lol:

So, are you the guy who was spewing the racist remarks or not? Couldn't help but notice you refuse to answer that question.

Archived