Worst Bands/Acts, Bands/Acts You Love to Hate!

DKW 86

That's why Iron Maiden is so good, I've never heard them played four times in an hour.

147881[/snapback]

You have got to be baiting me dude. I mean someone knocking someone who listens to eminem and then talks about how great iron maiden is would just be too darn easy. :huh:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go ahead punk, make my day...send the PM. lol

Hey guys, seriously. I am just  :poke: to get this thread going and try to make the boring part of the year bearable.

eminem is what he is. I dont like his music. I find him to drone on and on. he is far to repititious with his instruments for me to call anything he does really original. You could do 80% of his soundtracks with one keyboard.

I do not find belittling women to be an attribute. I find NOT being able to express yourself without cursing, every other line, to be really teling of you and your audience.

I am the youth director at my church. I deal with kids that have listened to this kind of self expression, and others, and have modeled themselves after these losers.

Look, music can be a great thing in life. I am taking my group to Mercy Me soon. I love great music. I like seeing really great creative art.

Art produced on an assembly line, nor art produced from one of life's dumpsters, is pretty.

But, wth do I know.... ;)

147737[/snapback]

I get it, you don't like eminem. I don't really care if he curses or not. It's not what makes some of his music good to me. It's not about the music either which is marginal. I never expected to find too many eminem fans on this board anyway so it's no surprise.

I just know that I try to be open minded when I listen to music and I really like some of his stuff a great deal. Some of it I don't care for that much at all.

Art isn't always about being pretty to say the least. If you only want to like art that is shiny and pretty that's fine.

I guess that is why there are 31 Flavors.

I just dont find him and his music to my liking. I am not running you down for your choice of music. I am certain that I like what some you would call crazy stuff. I am definitely a contemporary Christian Music Fan. I like Zeppelin too, The Stones, Beatles, Boston, Journey, REO are all mandatory in the music collection. I really like Funk too. Some jazz. You get the point.

Heck, with my daughter in dance, I even find I like a lot from some Broadway shows too. (If anyones says the words "Show Tunes" I will just explode.) But I really find that I like just about all periods and most genres. I even like some classical stuff! Pachebel's Canon in D is great.

I hope thread wasnt about slamming personal preferences. Like I said in the post quoted, sometimes you have to :poke: to get people interested.

Tiger88,

In a world gone mad with political correctness, it's the sane person that is called a racist by the howling monkies. If you're offended by some comment I made three years ago then take it up with Jesse Jackson or your therapist because I don't think anyone else cares.

Dang, this thread took that left turn at Albuquerque somewhere down the line.

Oh, may I add Culture Club to the list here? Thank you.

Tiger88,

In a world gone mad with political correctness, it's the sane person that is called a racist by the howling monkies.  If you're offended by some comment I made three years ago then take it up with Jesse Jackson or your therapist because I don't think anyone else cares.

147957[/snapback]

Howling monkies? Interesting choice of words.

Iron Maiden, huh? 666, The number of the Beast!!!! rock on man!!!!! Talk about sad. :lol:

Man, I was just rereading some of my posts on this thread and was pretty embarrassed. :blushbig:

Sorry guys. Even to wishbone. I need to stay out of these threads after long days at work.

Man, I was just rereading some of my posts on this thread and was pretty embarrassed.  :blushbig:

Sorry guys. Even to wishbone. I need to stay out of these threads after long days at work.

148365[/snapback]

Same here.

Most rap music bites. Even m&m. There are some rap tunes that are catchy without all the anger and hate. But mostly I dislike rap.

Now, for all you twerps hating on Kenny Chesney, Johnny Cash, Lynard Skynard, Allman Bros., etc..

Are you out of your mind?

Country music today is the ONLY form of music that still holds true to its beginnings in that most songs tell a story. And it all does not sound the same.

Now there are many singers in the past that we now look back and say, Ugh. But they all served their purpose at the time. The hair bands of the eighties now all sound a little different but they bring you back to a place and time. Just so long as we only have to listen to them, by choice, on I love the eighties.

Winger Rocks! :(

/\

joke

Archived