Worst Bands/Acts, Bands/Acts You Love to Hate!

DKW 86

Please spare me, but here goes...

Limp Biscuit

Ramones

Madonna

Brittany Spears (I nominate BS version of Satisfaction as worst song ever recorded. The DJ on ZYP actually cut the song off in the middle one day. It is that bad. :puke: )

Alan O'Day (Undercover Angel)

BeeGees

Any Rap-Hip Hop Act.

Eminem :puke: When did it become fashionable for White Boys to steal Black Culture?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent list DKW.

I like the Ramones from a comedic stance. They were just a bunch of NYC goons. There total IQ's combined wouldn't break 100.

Many people consider Alan O'Day's "Undercover angel" to be the most annoying song ever made.

All rap/pop music especially Britney Spears and her clones and Eminem.

I also want to add "Rage Against the Machine" for their bogus political stance glorifying Che.

Ramones

Barry Manilow

Backstreet / NStYNC

Brittany Spears

Jessica Simpson

Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs

Brune Springsteen (even before his political stance was known)

Most Modern Country

Most Rap and R & B

Madonna

Any act that has all their music written for them and the music played for them

Eminem :puke: When did it become fashionable for White Boys to steal Black Culture?

147434[/snapback]

I believe the way eminem put it is:

"I'm the worst thing since elvis presley

to do black music so selfishly

and use it to make myself wealthy"

DKW's not an eminem fan, what a shocker! ;)

147434[/snapback]

147460[/snapback]

Elvis took Black Music, added his own stuff to it, and introduced it to a vastly divided America and World.

eminem, on his best day could only be said to be a rip-off of Black Culture. He introduced us to nothing but his own arrogance.

The Ramones are awesome. Punk rock pioneers. But to each his own. I cant stand the whole boy band/Ashlee Simpson (fake music thing). Eminem gets on my nerves but he's a lot more talented than 99% of the rappers out there.

Bands I hate that everyone else loves:

Drivin and Cryin (I FREAKING HATE THEM...AND THAT GUYS CRAPPY ASS VOICE)

Bruce Springsteen...totally overrated....as a person and a singer

Jennifer Lopez

David Allan Coe - Good god all of his songs turned into the Frat Boys anthems...every time I hear his songs in public you hear all these ex Frat Boys come out of the woodwork sangin' along

Spice Girls - They restarted this bubble gum pop Nsync/B Spears crap

The Vines/The Hive/The White Stripes - Whatever...fill in the blank with the band name and pick out 2-3 chords...and you got a band in this category

Oasis - I dont get it

The Donnas - They have one song...the next 10 sound like the first

I doubt DKW would've even mentioned Alan O'Day had I not unearthed that awful song for the A to Z thread... B) I could've picked "Lovin' You" by Minnie Riperton or "Barbie Girl" by Aqua...now those are ultra-crappy songs.

I was sick of Drivin' and Cryin' 15 years ago...I will never forget a trip I and three of my friends made to Tuscaloosa/B'ham for the 1990 Iron Bowl. If I heard "Straight To Hell" once, I heard it 263 times...by the time Sunday afternoon rolled around, I wanted to yank that cassette out of the radio and throw it under the car.

I don't listen to much country music, but the stuff I have heard all sounds the same.

The "pop tarts" (Spears, Simpson, Aguilera) don't do much vocally for me, either...in Spears' case, you can take the girl out of Louisiana, but...you know the rest.

Here's a couple that I haven't seen yet that will probably draw some heat, but whoGAS?

* Dave Matthews Band...maybe it was overexposure in about '95 with their first mainstream album, but I just can't listen to them anymore.

* Rolling Stones...completely overrated. Give me The Who or Led Zeppelin any day over these guys.

The Ramones and Oasis are great.

Anyhow, I hate:

Dave Matthews Band

Sting

The Police

Creed

Good Charlotte :puke:

AFI :puke:

Limp Bizkit

Offspring :puke:

pop music

Bow Wow Wow, awful use of Stuart Goddard's old band

Boomtown Rats

Bob Geldof

Neil Young

and, last but not least,

I loathe Avril Levigne. She is so full of s*it and untalented, yet you've got people willing to call her punk. She can't really play, and she writes the most meaningless, shallow lyrics. She compared herself to Sid Vicious. At first, that pissed me off, but they do have something in common: good looking and talentless. Now she just needs to overdose.

Pop Tarts: Great Name for the genre.

If a woman has real musical/singing talent then why does she have to take off her clothes for someone to watch her?

Auguilera has a song or two that I hear at the Dance Competitions, my daughter dances competitively, that I like but for the most part :puke:

BS, Ashanti, Lohan, Duff, Aqua, Spice Girls, etc :puke:

NKOTB, BSB, 98Degrees?, etc :puke:

Any group that was a producer's invention is crap in my book. I do not like recipe movies, TV, or musical careers. (I grant exception to The Monkees music only.)

When you take the performing arts and put them on an assembly line, it is never pretty. DKW 86 2-19-05

147434[/snapback]

147460[/snapback]

Elvis took Black Music, added his own stuff to it, and introduced it to a vastly divided America and World.

eminem, on his best day could only be said to be a rip-off of Black Culture. He introduced us to nothing but his own arrogance.

147471[/snapback]

DKW, I know enough to know that you have never sat down and listened to an eminem record. I used to think the same way you did, closed minded. I won "The eminem Show" off the radio in atlanta and was blown away. The guy is nothing short of a lyrical genius. Eminem is his professional persona although he does heavily inject things with his own life experiences. Alot of the stuff that really pisses people off is put there intentionally and is part of his persona.

"I musta struck a chord with somebody up in the office

cause congress keeps telling me that I ain't causing nothing but problems

now they're saying I'm in trouble with the gov't, I'M LOVING IT

I shoveled sh## all my life and now I'm dumping it on em."

You can call him a rip off of black culture just remember that he grew up in that culture and it is as much his as any black persons.

BTW eminem on his best day, won an OSCAR and a GRAMMY in the same year. Do you realize how funny you look sitting here ripping on him as a no talent performer. Hey that's okay, the greater a performer or athlete you are the more hata's you have.

Don't worry DKW, I know what your worst fear is and it probably won't come true.

I cant stand the Allman Brothers, Neil Young, or Johnny Cash either.

i understand neil young, i'll give you the Allman Brothers Band, but Johnny Cash. i'm interested in hearing your views about Johnny. i have been a cash fan since i was 12 listening to him during the summer of '85 with my dad on lake lanier. only until i got to college did i realize other people my age listened to him. it was almost the college thing to do and i laughed as most people only knew 3 to 4 songs and had 1 of many greatest hit collections.

i'll add billy ray cyrus to my small list above as well as winger.

Someone mentioned Good Charlotte. I absolutely HATE them. A buddy of mine went to school with the singer and guitar player. He said they were spoiled little brats from the suburbs. They try to look all goth like they had a rough childhood.

MDM, you have crossed the line buddy! :angry::angry::lol:

They are cutting edge, have had some real crappy songs, and have had some incredibly good songs too.

Mainly, I liked the first two albums.

MDM, you have crossed the line buddy!  :angry:   :angry:   :lol:

They are cutting edge, have had some real crappy songs, and have had some incredibly good songs too.

147539[/snapback]

I liked them a little when they first came out but I have since grown very tired of them. Birmingham radio has played them into the ground! And it has gotten to where all their songs sound the same now.

On the "suck" scale, though, they rank better than Manilow, pop-tarts, boy bands, and hip-hop.

MDM, you have crossed the line buddy!  :angry:   :angry:   :lol:

147539[/snapback]

I liked them a little when they first came out but I have since grown very tired of them. Birmingham radio has played them into the ground! And it has gotten to where all their songs sound the same now.

On the "suck" scale, though, they rank better than Manilow, pop-tarts, boy bands, and hip-hop.

147541[/snapback]

Yeah, radio has a way of ruining things with repitition. They are a band thats music didn't mature as they aged, hard to keep following them.

I really hate eminem and have to get on a soap box for a second:

Eminem fans above the age of 17 have to take a long look at themsleves in the mirror. WHat does it say about someone when they tolerate that sort of stuff? Not only is it shallow crappy music but the guy is a scumbag. That whole genre of music is marketed towards insecure dorks who have limited understanding of right and wrong.

I really hate eminem and have to get on a soap box for a second:

Eminem fans above the age of 17 have to take a long look at themsleves in the mirror.  WHat does it say about someone when they tolerate that sort of stuff?  Not only is it shallow crappy music but the guy is a scumbag.  That whole genre of music is marketed towards insecure dorks who have limited understanding of right and wrong.

147549[/snapback]

I'm 37 and I absolutely love eminems music. It is expressive in a way that a pea sized brain like yours simply cannot comprehend.

Tolerate that kind of stuff? Surely you're not saying that to listen to eminems music is to endorse the "thug life", that would be indicative of an I.Q. just above retarded. If so then lets hear some of your favorite bands.

shallow, crappy, scumbag. just remember everytime you point a finger there are three pointing back at you, I have a feeling with you there are more than three.

Right and wrong? Please doofus, fill us in on what is right and wrong. That would be truly hilarious to hear.

I have no great love for marshall mathers(eminem for those who don't know). I do really like eminems music. If that bothers anyone, I am glad, anyone that shallow deserves some pain in their life.

Insecure dorks? Those are the people who are so threatened by the type of music a person listens to that they feel the need to make a ridiculous post like you did.

Are you the same wishbone that was pretty much banned from the old forum for racist remarks :lol: ? I thought so.

Archived