It's Official: Press can say anything they want, any lie, any time...

DKW 86

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Not anymore than the charitable efforts of Hamas and Hezbollah in Palestinian areas shoots down the fact that they are terrorist organizations.

He made a statement, re. Trump, that "his ONLY principle is self interest." If you think him giving $1 million of his own money is self interest then we just have a different definition of self interest.

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

He made a statement, re. Trump, that "his ONLY principle is self interest." If you think him giving $1 million of his own money is self interest then we just have a different definition of self interest.

Yeah, because people never publicly do things like that for self interest. <_<

9 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Nice deflection but it doesn't change the fact you made a statement I proved wrong. Then you resort to insults. It's difficult and a waste of time to try to discuss anything with someone who thinks they are perfect. I should know better than to ever respond to one of your posts. I will try harder to resist starting..........now.

You only proved you're hopelessly clueless for not being able to see thru a con man.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Yeah, because people never publicly do things like that for self interest. <_<

And people who intensely don't like someone will never give them that credit.

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

And people who intensely don't like someone will never give them that credit.

Since you're not getting it, here's my point.

Tex doesn't have to admit he's wrong because Trump's donation does not prove that he didn't do it out of self-interest.  Maybe it was purely charitable and altruistic.  Maybe it was PR.  Maybe it was a mix of both.  But the gift itself doesn't make your case for you.

22 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Boy, you Trumpets are eternally gullible. :no:

First, Trump has likely made more than a million in additional profits simply by being president.

Second, I wouldn't count that promise until it's in the bank.  Trump is notorious for welching on such promises.  He collects the postitive PR up front, but doesn't follow-through.  And it's not because he forgot.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/business/its-complicated-trump-group-says-of-donating-profit-from-foreign-officials.html?mcubz=0

As Donald J. Trump prepared to assume the presidency, he unveiled an ethics plan promising that his company would donate to the United States Treasury “all profits” from foreign government patronage of his hotels. Several months later, the Trump Organization is finding that pledge daunting to keep.......

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/08/donald-trump-hotel-profits

Profits at Trump’s D.C. hotel are exceeding even his own expectations.

At the center of this new Washington power structure is Trump’s D.C. hotel, which has quickly become the best place to see Trump’s swamp creatures at work—mixing and mingling over sabered bottles of champagne while pouring money into the president’s pockets. According to The Washington Post, the Trump Organization has turned a close to a $2 million profit in the last four months at its Trump International Hotel. 

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Since you're not getting it, here's my point.

Tex doesn't have to admit he's wrong because Trump's donation does not prove that he didn't do it out of self-interest.  Maybe it was purely charitable and altruistic.  Maybe it was PR.  Maybe it was a mix of both.  But the gift itself doesn't make your case for you.

That's your OPINION not mine. Lots of maybes in it. I find it funny you have to speak for Tex.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

That's your OPINION not mine. Lots of maybes in it. I find it funny you have to speak for Tex.

No, that is FACT.  Learn the difference.  The FACT is, it does not prove anything.  

And I don't have to speak for Tex.  You're posting on a public board that I help moderate.  I can step in and correct nonsense all on my own.

22 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No, that is FACT.  Learn the difference.  The FACT is, it does not prove anything.  

And I don't have to speak for Tex.  You're posting on a public board that I help moderate.  I can step in and correct nonsense all on my own.

I don't think you defined fact. What I posted was fact. You just posted an OPINION with a bunch of maybes. Facts don't have maybes. Anyhow, as I saaid to Tex, I don't know why I ever bother to engage you since you are so perfect. I will try to resist.......starting now.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

I don't think you defined fact. What I posted was fact. You just posted an OPINION with a bunch of maybes. Facts don't have maybes. Anyhow, as I saaid to Tex, I don't know why I ever bother to engage you since you are so perfect. I will try to resist.......starting now.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

The maybes were to point out that there are many options as to what his donation could mean.  Therefore it is a FACT that the donation doesn't prove a damn thing one way or the other about Trump.

Now run take your ball and go home since you cannot bear to be shown the swiss cheese that constitutes your arguments.

5 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Trump just announced he is giving $1 million of his own money to the Harvey recovery effort. Guess that shoots down your last sentence.

This I'm impressed with:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/01/technology/michael-dell-harvey-donation/index.html

Archived