Auburn #15 AP/#17 Coaches

AUDynasty

Just now, imaolgatiger said:

We played the number 2 ranked team in the country...just saying...

Yep, and there was a time when our fan base generally expected to win those games, now you just make excuses and act like losing is perfectly acceptable over and over again as long as its against a good team.  Do we ever get to win one of these again??? Its been a while.  

Just now, OnthePlains said:

Yep, and there was a time when our fan base generally expected to win those games, now you just make excuses and act like losing is perfectly acceptable over and over again as long as its against a good team.  Do we ever get to win one of these again??? Its been a while.  

Who is making excuses? I simply stated a fact. We won't play but maybe one more opponent ranked higher(tougher) than Clemson. I wanted and expected us to win. It didn't happen. I guess I could be like most of you and give up on this season. I simply refuse to after the second game, against the defending Champions, on their home field, that we held to 14 points and went in as a 6 point underdog. I base success/failure on the entire season and not one game. There was also a time when we were OK winning close defensive games, but I guess that has come to pass as well. I'm sure that some of you are an absolute joy to watch a GAME with. 

Just now, imaolgatiger said:

Who is making excuses? I simply stated a fact. We won't play but maybe one more opponent ranked higher(tougher) than Clemson. I wanted and expected us to win. It didn't happen. I guess I could be like most of you and give up on this season. I simply refuse to after the second game, against the defending Champions, on their home field, that we held to 14 points and went in as a 6 point underdog. I base success/failure on the entire season and not one game. There was also a time when we were OK winning close defensive games, but I guess that has come to pass as well. I'm sure that some of you are an absolute joy to watch a GAME with. 

When did I say I gave up on the season?? I fully expect us to reel off a bunch of wins right up until LSU and maybe even beat them.  But then Amen Corner is coming and right now I can't see beating either of our rivals making it 8 losses in a row to those goobs.  And how the heck would you have a clue how it is to watch a game with me?  I watch every game with my family and friends and have a blast.  I remember a time when we didn't make excuses for losing.  Yall are hopeles. Enjoy mediocrity, apparently you already do...8-5,  7-6, 8-5...

Just now, OnthePlains said:

When did I say I gave up on the season?? I fully expect us to reel off a bunch of wins right up until LSU and maybe even beat them.  But then Amen Corner is coming and right now I can't see beating either of our rivals making it 8 losses in a row to those goobs.  And how the heck would you have a clue how it is to watch a game with me?  I watch every game with my family and friends and have a blast.  I remember a time when we didn't make excuses for losing.  Yall are hopeles. Enjoy mediocrity, apparently you already do...8-5,  7-6, 8-5...

You seem angry..

Just now, AUpreacherman22 said:

Great point!

I don't like repeated 5 loss seasons, bad offensive calls and game planning, poor QB development, poor WR development, repeated embarrassing performances on national tv, repeated losses to uga and uat, shall I go on?? 

1 hour ago, imaolgatiger said:

You seem angry..

1 hour ago, OnthePlains said:

You seem stupid

1 hour ago, imaolgatiger said:

You are upset...

1 hour ago, OnthePlains said:

Damn right.  

You guy's may have been serious but that whole series of back n forth was kinda awesome...

I almost cried laughing when you said "you seem stupid"... i'm still laughing as i type this... I know you didn't mean it to be humorous but just hit me funny... and then the only reply...

"You are upset"  

and

Enjoy! Have a wonderful evening!

I am having a wonderful evening.  Its better just knowing you care.

Just now, JGLEATON said:

You guy's may have been serious but that whole series of back n forth was kinda awesome...

I almost cried laughing when you said "you seem stupid"... i'm still laughing as i type this... I know you didn't mean it to be humorous but just hit me funny... and then the only reply...

"You are upset"  

It was quite fun actually.  Gotta love message boards.  

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

It was quite fun actually.  Gotta love message boards.  

It really IS better just knowing you care.

2 hours ago, imaolgatiger said:

We played the number 2 ranked team in the country...just saying...

That is understood.  But they looked a lot worse than their ranking, it was winnable, and our missed opportunities turned this into a wasted loss.  Just saying.

The voters see the score and see how we were in a battle with the national champs. But....the final score wasn't indicative of how hopeless that game was for us. As soon as the red zone issues popped up again and Clemson went up 8 we had no shot - if you have followed a Gus coached team the last 3 years it just falls right in line with the current trend. A 1 TD deficit might as well be 21 pts. If the Gus Bus isn't operating smoothly to start the game (after the first drive) it won't operate at all.

Archived