AU turned down Fresno St.?

Streyeder

I find it interesting for AU to turn down Fresno St. for WKU. Why? Ehh well, who knows.

At this point, I'll introduce Pat Hill. You know him as Fresno State's brash and bold coach, a guy who has built a program from the scrap heap and will play anyone, any time, any place to gain respect.

So I placed a call to Hill last week and told him Auburn just added a home game against Division I-AA Western Kentucky to complete its 2005 schedule. And before I could ask the question, he gave the answer.

"We called them," Hill interrupted. "We wanted to play them. I guess their schedule was already filled."

No, it wasn't. Fresno officials called before Auburn added Western Kentucky, and Hill is speaking with a politically correct tone because, well, he'd love a shot at Auburn somewhere down the road. Yeah, good luck with that. Auburn has bigger fish to flop.

The rest of the article is a rant.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/3410500

I find it interesting for AU to turn down Fresno St. for WKU. Why? Ehh well, who knows.

Yeah, you figured us out. We are terrified of Fresno St. Not everybody can be like bama and play the monsters like Western Carolina and Utah State.

You have uncovered the truth about Auburn. What would we do without you?

Get a hobby. <_<

SC picked them up so Pat Hill got what he wanted, a shot to knock off an upper echelon team. I would have like to seen Fresno State play Auburn, more so than WKU.

:rolleyes:

Guest Tigrinum Major

There was an issue with dates, not the fact that we didn't want to play them. By the way, I think last time we played them, it was 49-0 Auburn. It was an ugly throw away game.

There was an issue with dates, not the fact that we didn't want to play them.  By the way, I think last time we played them, it was 49-0 Auburn.  It was an ugly throw away game.

148299[/snapback]

Pat Hill took over a terrible Fresno State football program in 1997, a year AFTER they played us (62-0). Hill has turned that program around during his tenure.

They wanted us to change our schedule and that would leave us with a break early in the season and 8 games in a row....doesn't take a genius to figure out why we "really" didn't play them..none of this we're scared crap...

They wanted us to change our schedule and that would leave us with a break early in the season and 8 games in a row....doesn't take a genius to figure out why we "really" didn't play them..none of this we're scared crap...

148309[/snapback]

Finally a decent answer. Thanks. I was thinking they might have wanted a HHA or HA series, or possibly too much cash.

Hell, AU could beat'm easy, lol. Even I'll admit that. :P

Doesn't really matter. We have no business playing any 1AA team. I think we should have required So Miss to find a suitable 1A game to fill the schedule or play the game. We should model our schedule efforts after UT. All said. they have the best national image of any SEC team, one that we are looking for and it pays off in national recruiting. If we continue to focus on the SEC schedule and play regional teams, then we will continue to have a regional image. Not good enough and we deserve better.

Doesn't really matter. We have no business playing any 1AA team. I think we should have required So Miss to find a suitable 1A game to fill the schedule or play the game. We should model our schedule efforts after UT. All said. they have the best national image of any SEC team, one that we are looking for and it pays off in national recruiting. If we continue to focus on the SEC schedule and play regional teams, then we will continue to have a regional image. Not good enough and we deserve better.

148356[/snapback]

Totally agree.

148356[/snapback]

Totally agree.

148357[/snapback]

well said.. I agree also.

We're not changing OUR schedule around for Fresno St. This Matt Hayes prick can suck my right...

And the bottom line is simply about money. You can talk about Southern Miss all you want but if we let them back out on us, we leave ourselves with VERY little chances to replace them with another 1A on that particular Saturday.

Don't let teams back out! Why even draw up a contract if we're just going to let teams back out so easily? :blink:

Yeah, you figured us out. We are terrified of Fresno St. Not everybody can be like bama and play the monsters like Western Carolina and Utah State.

You have uncovered the truth about Auburn. What would we do without you?

Get a hobby. <_<

148292[/snapback]

Yup...it's true...we're scared to death of them. The last time we played them, Corso picked them to upset us.... Final: AU 62 FS 0

:au::homer:

Archived