Ronnie's stock rises

TitanTiger

Brown's stock rises, Clarett's tanks  

INDIANAPOLIS — A quick check of the running back market after one group worked out at the NFL Scouting Combine yesterday: Ronnie Brown's stock is way up, while Maurice Clarett practically threw in the towel.

Brown was clocked on some scouts' stopwatches as fast as 4.32 seconds in the 40-yard dash, a number that had people raving.

''That's pretty fast,'' said Mike Ackerley, director of college scouting for the Titans.

''Obviously now it's verified that the guy has speed. That obviously put him right up there … He looked good, he caught the ball well, he's got everything we thought he had.''...

...Reese gushed about the Titans' interviews with Auburn's Brown, Arkansas wide receiver Matt Jones and Northern Colorado wide receiver Vincent Jackson...

http://tennessean.com/sports/titans/archiv...ent_ID=66210401

Man, I'd love to have Ronnie up here. And 4.freakin' 32?!? Dang, Ronnie!

Your not kidding! I'd love to be able to see him when I go to Titan games. Goodness knos we need him this year.

I watched the combines on the NFL network yesterday while I was having lunch at a local brewpub. We could not hear the times because they verbally gave them out and we did not have sound. After Ronnie's second run I told my wife that had to be the best 40 time of the bunch. I called a buddy at home who was watching and he said Ronnie was clocked at 4.32 and my jaw dropped. Freakin' awesome!

I haven't ever followed the NFL, but I can't wait to see who my new team is when the draft comes around. Wherever you go Ronnie, that will be my new team!

when is the draft?

Brown's stock rises, Clarett's tanks  

INDIANAPOLIS — A quick check of the running back market after one group worked out at the NFL Scouting Combine yesterday: Ronnie Brown's stock is way up, while Maurice Clarett practically threw in the towel.

Brown was clocked on some scouts' stopwatches as fast as 4.32 seconds in the 40-yard dash, a number that had people raving.

''That's pretty fast,'' said Mike Ackerley, director of college scouting for the Titans.

''Obviously now it's verified that the guy has speed. That obviously put him right up there … He looked good, he caught the ball well, he's got everything we thought he had.''...

...Reese gushed about the Titans' interviews with Auburn's Brown, Arkansas wide receiver Matt Jones and Northern Colorado wide receiver Vincent Jackson...

http://tennessean.com/sports/titans/archiv...ent_ID=66210401

Man, I'd love to have Ronnie up here. And 4.freakin' 32?!? Dang, Ronnie!

148464[/snapback]

I saw some of the combine last night. Ronnie looked like he was flying! I would love to see him in Nashville! Might give me a reason to travel up there. ;)

Clarett is a has been. He'll get picked up, but he will never be as good as he could have been had he stayed in school. He ran the "40" once at the combine in 4.9 or something like that. The top five were 4.4's and 4.5's At one point I felt he had a look of desperation in his eyes.

He was crushed and is realizing currently that he had much more of a lesson to learn than he already had. If his speed doesn't pick up quite a bit before the draft, he won't get drafted, but may get picked up. Hell, if you can make a practice squad I think you get at least 175,000 a year.

i read reports that ronnie ran between 4.32 and 4.47. either time put him in the top three guys there. that's really good for him. i saw a guy with a mock draft claiming ronnie and carnell would be "early to late" first round picks. seriously, if i'm an editor of that site, i fire that guy immediately. both guys go in the top 12, no questions.

oh and didn't clarett look huge? i thought he looked at least 20 pounds thicker than he did at osu, and he was already a big back. he's gotta lose weight. he wasn't that good to begin with.

I'd like to see him in Dallas!!!!! But I also would love to see him do well. And don't think Dallas is best team for him.. Hey but maybe he could bring back the Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin Days!!! Can always hope can't you?

3424996_4_1.jpg

The reality is that many agents feel their clients have nothing to lose. Even Auburn running back Ronnie Brown is working out during the combine. Brown, who was projected to be a possible top 10 selection, had an outstanding 40 time and now could be selected in the top five. He could also be the first back taken.

Way to go Ronnie! He definitely deserves it.

Foxsports.com

if saban's offense is anything like it was at lsu and if he's really looking to draft one of the three backs, ronnie and carnell both fit the mold better than benson. he likes to throw to the backs, and he ran a lot of edge and read plays from what i remember. you gotta have speed and vision for that. benson's fast, but he's more of a bruiser than those two... more like ricky williams.

Archived