Softball vs. lsu (game 2)

Son of a gun...... a clutch hit with two outs by Snow and drives in the tying runs and ends up at 3rd...just need a WP or PB

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olszewski in to pinch run at 3rd.     Let's get a wild pitch, passed ball, error, anything to get that run in.   Let's go Auburn.  Morgan Podany should be up.

my streaming service is about a minute behind the game action......saw Podany strike out on TV at least a minute before it streamed into my computer. 

I would have loved to see Podany surprise with squeeze bunt.  She is quick enough if they aren't expecting it.  Oh well. Time to go 7 more innings. Lol

Way too many 1st batter runners for LSU tonight and the series. Great play by Veach. 

base hit to left, throw home and the home plate umpire immediately calls obstrtuction on the play and rules the runner safe and game is over.   DAMN IT.

I think it was a good call based on the new rule in place.   Catcher is not allowed to block the plate anymore unless she has the ball.    CRAP.

another difficult loss....advantage of having that last at bat....

Heck of a throw.  Stupid rule.

I guess the rule was put in for player safety, and I like it for that purpose. Just hate that it was the final play of the game. 

I hate that obstruction call but it was the right call by the rule.

Another game we should/could have won 2-1 or even 2-0 but error by Veach and the missed interference call that allowed the 2nd run to score for LSU.  

Just now, around4ever said:

I hate the new obstruction rule.  

I do too.  The defense has to be given a right to make a play on the ball.  The ball is coming in on the throw, they have to give her an opportunity to field the ball.  This rule is taking that away. 

The catcher has to be out of the baseline which virtually takes her out of a bam-bam play like that one.  There is no way she can be out of the baseline and make a play on the runner when it is that close.  

There are you tube videos of a catcher being in the baseline when the runner is not half way to the plate. The ball arrives well before the runner but the umpire had already called the catcher for obstruction and the runner was not close to the plate.  That's a BS call. 

Ahhhhhhhhh frustrating way to end it.  That was a pretty play either way.  This team is showing some grit and has taught me something through 2 games against a tough place to get a win. 

3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I was thinking we should walk Doyle in that situation.  She is too good of a hitter to take a chance. 

Totally agree.  No way do I pitch to her there.  She has been tattooing the ball, even when we got her out.  First base open,and her run is meaningless.  I lay that one at the feet of CMD.  He should have ordered an intentional walk.  

Shea did all she could do...if she was out of the baseline, on a close play the runner could go around her since she / runner does not have to stay in the base path.....bad rule or bad interpretation of it.

Archived