How the White House deletes the truth

Donutboy

PRESIDENT BUSH blames the media for filtering out good news on Iraq. He says he does not even read newspapers. "The best way to get the news is from objective sources," Bush said in a Fox News interview. "And the most objective sources I have are people on my staff who tell me what's happening in the world."

This is the same president who erases history itself.

Read the rest of the story here

Actually, everything in that editorial is true. Check out The Memory Hole and read the report yourself. When you read the report with all of the redactions in place, there are many pages that say nothing...just multiple lines that are blacked-out. Read the unredacted one for the full scoop.

They don't want the truth. They want the Fox News Network, everything's rosy picture of the world. They can't handle the fact that Bush has us in a quagmire in Iraq fighting a war that was not needed. They can't handle the fact that this economy with 3 taxcuts has lost 3.6 million jobs. Even if we see the rosy job creation picture painted by the administration over the next year, our economy will have LOST jobs during his tenure, something that has not happened since Herbert Hoover. They can't handle the fact that this government is taking basic freedoms away from us every day. They don't want to hear it and will continue to deny the facts until this government has taken all our freedoms and completely bankrupted our nation. I read a post by someone on here the other day that said they could never vote for a Democrat. I guess handing a multi-trillion dollar debt and a 1/2 trillion dollar annual budget deficit over to their children and grandchildren doesn't bother him. He's got his!! I guess the government controlling our bodies doesn't bother him. He'll never have to worry about an unwanted pregnancy. I guess the government being able to lock you up without cause or charge being made against you doesn't bother him. I'm assuming he's not a person of color or someone from a "foreign land." Does the Japanese interment camps remind anyone of the Cuban camp today where people are being held without cause? I suppose the destruction of our environment doesn't bother him. What's the problem with poisoning our air and water if it cuts into our industries' bottom line? You can't have it all. Anyway, the destruction won't be complete until after we're gone. Let the kids worry about it then. Right? You see, I could never vote for a Republican.

Dude, Stallin didn't have anything on your rants! :blink:

Never let it be said that a democrat will allow the truth to get in the way of their goals and their distortions. Then to start attacking, pointing fingers at those who dissagree & say they are attacking.

Dude, Stallin didn't have anything on your rants! :blink:

Never let it be said that a democrat will allow the truth to get in the way of their goals and their distortions. Then to start attacking, pointing fingers at those who dissagree & say they are attacking.

I'm sorry. Who did I attack? I re-read my statement and could see nothing in it that anyone could construe as an attack on someone. I attacked a position and a party platform. If I disagree, even strongly, about whether black and white are actually colors, does that mean I've attacked you? I think not. If I play games with your screen name in an attempt to put you down, that's a personal attack. I don't have a problem with the person who made the donuthole post. It's actually kinda funny, but a civil discussion doesn't have room for a variance from the discussion. Suppose I had (apologies beforehand to MDM) come back and called MDM Maddam? Would that have added to the discussion or simply escalated the rhetoric? I think we can do better. Don't you?

They can't handle the fact that this government is taking basic freedoms away from us every day.

Name the basic freedoms you personally no longer have that you had when Clinton was in office.

…our economy will have LOST jobs during his tenure, something that has not happened since Herbert Hoover.

So, the economy of the nineties built on worthless paper, that burned to the ground when everyone realized dot-coms were not the gold mine they thought they were, coupled with the number of jobs lost due to the 9/11 attacks is all Bush's fault. Even though the economy began to receed while CLinton was still in office.

They don't want to hear it and will continue to deny the facts until this government has taken all our freedoms and completely bankrupted our nation.

Again, how many freedoms did you personally lose, as a non-taliban supporting American, in the USA?

You see, I could never vote for a Republican.

To act as though Republicans are all wrong and Dems are all right is laughable. Even I would never say that I would never vote for a Dem. If they see the issues the way I do, I almost don't give a rip what party they claim to be a part of.

I am amazed at the people on this board who are completely DOOM AND GLOOM when it comes to Bush. Some of you would rather slit your own throats than to say anything good about GW Bush, or let a post that supports him go by without trying your damnedest to disprove it. One of the biggest arguments I saw from Dems during and shortly after the Clinton years was that Republicans will never admit Clinton did any good. Those people were not talking about me, though. But reverse this about Bush and it fits three common posters on this site.

And about the donuthole, no harm was meant as I felt non would be taken.

I used the 'Cant vote Democratic anymore term.'

I can not see where a HOR run by Democrats, they spend the money guys, ran up a 3 Trillion dollar deficit and blame Republicans?

After 1994, the Republicans took over the HOR. Clinton told everyone in 1996 campaign 'America can not live by arbitrary dates for balancing the budget.' Stood right next to Bernie Ebbers and said that, but that is another story. Anyway, Clinton could only see the budget balancing by 2003, that's right guys, he said 7 more years of deficit spending and was ok with it.

The TRUTH is that after the Republicans took over the HOR Spending went down a ton and we went into the black in no time and Clinton and Gore really have no clue how it happened.

Folks just remember this. The Democrats are still screaming about Florida in 2000. Bush shellacked them in 2002. He is likely going to win in a landslide in 2004 as well.

They have no policy really. They are just clueless. The Economy has turned and, Lord willing, will be gaining speed all through out the new year. They just lost what two? more governor seats last week. The next election is likely ending in a rout for Bush.

You see we are never going to get perfection from any President. But we do expect him to keep his pants zipped, tell the truth under oath, not to get impeached, to not get disbarred, and not to line his pockets by raping landowners out west so Riati can become a billionaire.

Still say Democrats could donate all that money to charity and actually do something worthwhile rather blow it on a campaign that likely means nothing. But then again, wasting Democrat money may actually mean they leave the rest of the world alone. :lol:

BTW, I am a card carrying member of 3 sane environmental groups.

Archived