video compression

I had to make an entrance video for a project I'm working on. It was 5 minutes long, and ended up being 681MB. It had to be the best quality possible but still fit on a CD. I used Adobe Premier 7 to do the editing and compressing. I was able to view another entrance video, and it was only ~80MB but the quality was just as good as mine, possibly a little better. Does anyone know any video compression tricks or methods to get the best quality and most compression?

I had to make an entrance video for a project I'm working on.  It was 5 minutes long, and ended up being 681MB.  It had to be the best quality possible but still fit on a CD.  I used Adobe Premier 7 to do the editing and compressing.  I was able to view another entrance video, and it was only ~80MB but the quality was just as good as mine, possibly a little better.  Does anyone know any video compression tricks or methods to get the best quality and most compression?

151834[/snapback]

What format did you use? MPEG? AVI? WMV?

Woops, probably should have stated that. Adobe converts it to an avi file. For the final version, I used Cinepack compression. I tried several MPEGs (looked horrible) and Indio 3 and 5. The Cinepack, although the largest, was by far the best quality video.

Archived