Please Pin - Shelby County Auburn Club

King Tiger Tank

TO: ALUMNI AND FRIENDS OF AUBURN UNIVERSITY, SHELBY COUNTY

DATE: April 2005

Keeping the members informed about the Club's current events is key to building trust and loyalty in its members. It is just as important to recruit new alumni and friends to Auburn University who are currently not members of the Shelby County Auburn Club. Both of these elements combined allow a club, like ours, to grow its membership and thus generate the revenue we need to support the scholarships and local events we sponsor in Shelby County, Alabama.

We need volunteers to fill the following roles:

Club Treasurer

We would like this person to have prior experience in working with non-profit agencies in managing the accounting books of the organization but is not a requirement.

Fundraisers

We are looking to create a new way to generate revenue to the organization from capital donations from private organizations and businesses in Shelby County and Greater Birmingham. We need good people who have experience and success in fundraising to help us organize a committee with the purpose of soliciting capital donations from local area businesses.

Recruiters

We need volunteers who have recruiting skills to call upon non-members they know and get them to join the club. From January to March, we have raised $1,560 by members renewing their memberships or recruiting new members to the Club; leaving our organization with another $4,440 to rise. In order to meet our membership goal, we need to recruit another 148 family memberships or 222 single memberships or some combination of the two types of memberships.

These opportunities will present an excellent opportunity for anyone to grow in his or her own way with the Shelby County Auburn Club. Also, any volunteer need not to be a resident of Shelby County, as I reside in Jefferson.

So, this is your chance to improve your leadership management skills and participate on the front line in a growing organization that fosters the Auburn Spirit. As a by-product, the experience you will gain by being in our Club will aid you to make better decisions in your daily professional and personal life.

If you feel up to challenge, please call me at (205) 425-9994 and leave a message or e-mail me at jcneedham@charter.net and CC the message to my work address at jneedham@papersoft.com

Thank you and War Eagle!

John Needham

President

Shelby County Auburn Club

Archived