British Open

augolf1716

Well its the next major my #3 favorite we have our own Jovon, Patton and Duf playing. Great time to be a Auburn golf fan. Who do you have as your fav to win?

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well its the next major my #3 favorite we have our own Jovon, Patton and Duf playing. Great time to be a Auburn golf fan. Who do you have as your fav to win?

I could see Finau, Fleetwood, and/or Leishman in the mix. Mayyybeeee Reavie

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Thanks for the post.     .had forgotten that today was Day #1.....

No rain for over a month...gonna be some really long drives on those hard fairways....but early scores are not exceptional....but good..  

Most golfers have decided on shorter woods or irons off of many tees.  Dustin Johnson is hitting his driver.  The dry conditions are giving him some massive drives.  His drive on 9 was right down the middle at 409 yards. 

Jordan Speith in the lead....who would have thunk it.....-9 after the 16th hole. 

There were quite a few low scores today.  Pin placements had a lot to do with that. I'm curious to see how they place the pins on Sunday to make it tougher.  

15 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Expect worst weather Sunday

Yep....20 plus mph wind.....will make for a different course...

Nice "sandy" for Phil.....and NBC spending more time on Tiger warming than on the guys on the course....guess TV will follow him hole by hole today...

A double bogey on 11 to go from 1 up lead to 1 under lead. 

Tiger is blowing up.  Brief lead after 64 holes, now he can't find the fairway. 

I was convinced Tiger would win after the fairway bunker shot at 10. He’s got to hit fairways to have a shot. 

After the great putt by Rory the leaderboard is getting crowded at top.

got back in time to find half the field tied at -6 and another bunch within a stroke....and not much golf left for some of them.,.....looks like good chance for a tie by the end though the cup will be getting smaller as those in the lead get closer to 18.  Think I would take that -6 and go to the clubhouse if that was offered. 

I got home from vacation last night. Grass almost out of control among other chores that come with being gone eight days.... but this is hindering my progress. 

Great long putt for birdie by Tiger to get a stroke back. One back. 

I really like Xander Schauffele’s swing. He’s a small guy with a ton of power. His pre-shot left arm/wrist dominant release is money. 

6 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

I really like Xander Schauffele’s swing. He’s a small guy with a ton of power. His pre-shot left arm/wrist dominant release is money. 

He dropped the (s) bomb once. Lol. I don’t know if they are subject to fines. I’ve not watched a lot of golf the last few years. 

I heard it and laughed. He’s not a member of the European tour (last I checked) and I don’t think this is considered a PGA Tour event, so he’ll likely get away w it. 

28 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

I heard it and laughed. He’s not a member of the European tour (last I checked) and I don’t think this is considered a PGA Tour event, so he’ll likely get away w it. 

I think the PGA dropped any penalty for "language"  after Tiger did it numerous times..and probably others too.   If they are gonna mic those guys they should be ready for something like that....

Feherty stated Tiger paid the fine prior to the beginning of each season just to go ahead and get it out of the way. 

If you want a good adolescent laugh, YouTube Tiger farts. I believe Feherty is involved w almost all of them. 

Archived