Jared Lorenzen

kevon67

9 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

lord no have a link?

Sorry on xbox 1........saw the preview to the story on youtube.....espn posted preview July 17.

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I believe it but dang just a shame kid will be dead  in a few years. He's got to be depressed

Per preview in 2017 he weighed 560.......think the story follows him to doctors visits as he attempts to loose it......hope he does way too young to die.

He was playing.....was huge.....video of him shattering his ankle rolling out of pocket.......I really feel bad for him......has to be around 38yrs young.

Here is an article talking about it: link

E:60’s Feature on Jared Lorenzen: The Hefty Lefty

By Brent Wainscott on ©July 22nd, 2018 @ 11:15pm

Posted in Football, Main, Top Story | 10 Responses

Screen-Shot-2018-07-19-at-3.23.57-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2018-07-19-at-3.23.57-PM.png

This morning the highly anticipated E:60 profile on Kentucky football legend, Jared Lorenzen, finally aired. Before the feature, Lorenzen tweeted that he was nervous to share his story with the rest of the world, as anyone would be, but Lorenzen had the courage to share his story with the world, and that’s certainly no small feat.

ESPN chronicled the career and life of our beloved quarterback, starting from birth, where Jared was the largest baby they had ever seen at the hospital. Jared was born at 13 lbs 3 ounces.

Jared said from his earliest memories of sports he hated running; he said his first sport was soccer and he hated it because it involved so much running. “I would just sit at midfield and cry,” said Lorenzen, “so let’s try football there’s not a lot of running there I can do that…but when they would run laps I would cry.”

ESPN would then show his time as a star at Highlands Kentucky, where Jared would win Mr. Football and commit to playing under Hal Mumme at UK and redshirt as a freshman. That’s when the problems would start to show for Jared. After gaining 40 pounds as a redshirt freshman, Lorenzen said, “Freshman 15, I kicked that thing’s butt.”

Then came Guy Morris. According to this morning’s profile, Guy Morris gave Lorenzen an ultimatum to play quarterback; he had to drop the 40 pounds he had gained as a freshman and had to make a weight of 268.

Lorenzen would make weight, as we all know but the way he did it was interesting in itself. Lorenzen said “I would wake up in the morning and play racquetball, then I’d come back and swim at night. We’re also melting stationary bikes in the summer, all along I was taking the ephedrine deal. You’re supposed to take two to four a day…I was taking 12.”

Going into the senior season, Jared’s first child, Taylor, was born. Jared said the obvious reaction was to get your ass in shape and make it to the NFL to make a betr life for her, but he was so overwhelmed that he couldn’t think. To make matters worse, Lorenzen would be playing for his third coach in four years under beloved head coach, Rich Brooks.

Brooks told Lorenzen, bluntly that he’s too big to play in the NFL, so Rich Brooks decided to diet with Jared Lorenzen which resulted in Lorenzen shedding 40 pounds. Unfortunately, he would gain it back by fall camp. Lorenzen said self-discipline was his biggest problem.

Going undrafted in 2004, the New York Giants would give him a call to attend training camp, but Lorenzen declined because he didn’t want to be a failure. Lorenzen said if I didn’t do it that eliminated the possibility of failing. But the Giants were persistent, inviting him again the following season, this time Lorenzen would attend and make the Giants roster with an ultimatum of weighing under 290 lbs. He would go on to win a Superbowl, but after his third season, he would get cut. His struggles would get worse.

In 2014 he played for the Northen Kentucky River Monsters, playing for 200 dollars a game, but his time would be cut short as he suffered a knee injury in the 2nd game of the season. That was the last time he would play football. His home life wasn’t going well either when Jared and his wife got a divorce. That’s when things went from bad to worse for Jared, ” Then I could do whatever I want…I was getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger, and I actually noticed it.”

In 2017 Lorenzen went to the doctor, and for the first time since the NFL, Jared checked his weight. He was over 500 lbs. Jared said, “I started thinking, I’m in so freaking deep, that I don’t know what to do. Where do you start?” But Jared would find his start.

Today, Jared is working out and has fixed his diet. The Jared Lorenzen project is in full gear. Jared has been working out three to five days a week for the last ten months, and this month he was able to run a block. Lorenzen was 560 lbs at his heaviest, in the E:60 he was seen down to 477, more than 80 pounds!

Jared’s story is one that has captivated the BBN, and we’re all with him on this journey to weight loss. There’s no doubt in my mind he can do this and his father, Joe, even said,“There has been no other time in his life, he has been this committed.”

It’s truly an inspiring story from our beloved QB and friend, in hopes that can inspire others as well. The BBN and many others are excited to be on Jared’s journey to weight loss and are rooting for him, as evident by these tweets.

3 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Lorenzen said, “Freshman 15, I kicked that thing’s butt.”

This is my kind of guy. lol 

He’s lost over the 100 lbs.  Has heart disease along with other weight related health issues.  He’s trying to get healthy to be around for his children.  Hope it works out for him.

It makes me feel bad about my own laziness/ procrastination. Although I only need to shed 25-30 and get in better shape. 

Archived