Hating the "Religious Right"

Tigermike

I use the sig disable feature in the control panel and have never regretted it. Avatars too.

153967[/snapback]

There you go Raptor! Technology comes through again! Serenity Now!

I guess the religious left would be gay bishops or something.

Also, to help your fellow brother :$$$:

Religious right would tell you to get a job and help yourself. Work so you can eat

Left :you'll eat no matter how lazy you are

And I think it's amazing that religious groups have been deemed religious right and left

The system would allow even more characters, so it must not be.

Oh, it is, w/ out question. Whether the 'system allows more' or not , isn't the issue. I'm just saying it's a bit tacky to have so much 'stuff' on every single post by you/ and those who quote you. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. I'm not even commenting on the content, as it's irrelevent to my point. But now that I've added by $ 0.02 , I'm done w/ it.

Oh, and to sum up...we don't hear much about the Religious Left because the Liberal news media wants to downplay any negative references toward anything Liberal. That is why we constantly hear of the Religoius Right , but never the Left.

The system would allow even more characters, so it must not be.

Oh, it is, w/ out question. Whether the 'system allows more' or not , isn't the issue. I'm just saying it's a bit tacky to have so much 'stuff' on every single post by you/ and those who quote you. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. I'm not even commenting on the content, as it's irrelevent to my point. But now that I've added by $ 0.02 , I'm done w/ it.

Oh, and to sum up...we don't hear much about the Religious Left because the Liberal news media wants to downplay any negative references toward anything Liberal. That is why we constantly hear of the Religoius Right , but never the Left.

153996[/snapback]

Tacky? Ignore it. Or don't even bother to read my posts if it bothers you so much. You're promoting a movie with your sig. Now that's tacky.

You blame "the media" for not reporting what you can't even really identify. Face it, its just a reflexive, programmed action on your part to claim "the media" doesn't want to say anything negative about that amorphous creature, liberalism. You do you without thinking about it. This thread is a prime example. Argument without content. The Religious Right is a huge force in politics. Ask Karl Rove or any informed, honest "Conservative". The Religious Left is...well, we don't really know. They were last spotted on a commune in Oregon in 1979. If they had any real political stroke, they would have managed to gotten themselves on the endangered species list.

Tacky? Ignore it. Or don't even bother to read my posts if it bothers you so much. You're promoting a movie with your sig. Now that's tacky.

You blame "the media" for not reporting what you can't even really identify. Face it, its just a reflexive, programmed action on your part to claim "the media" doesn't want to say anything negative about that amorphous creature, liberalism. You do you without thinking about it. This thread is a prime example. Argument without content. The Religious Right is a huge force in politics. Ask Karl Rove or any informed, honest "Conservative". The Religious Left is...well, we don't really know. They were last spotted on a commune in Oregon in 1979. If they had any real political stroke, they would have managed to gotten themselves on the endangered species list.

How can I ignore it ? it takes up half the damn page! And when anyone quotes' your post, there it is again...taking up another half page! :rolleyes:

How is promoting a movie 'tacky' ? I'm not promoting my favorite top 10 movies of all time.. THAT would be the equivilent of what yours is..and yes, that would be tacky.

You're just programmed to accept the 'Religious Right' terminology from the Left wing media, and anyone who points out how one sided that is, you get all flustered. Same goes for the Left wing media reporting about 'Conservative' Republican Senator...or Congressman.... You'll never hear the same said about 'Liberal' Democrat Senator.... even though they're out there. The media is clearly favoring one side. Pretend it's not happening all you want, but that won't change the facts.

How can I ignore it ? it takes up half the damn page! And when anyone quotes' your post, there it is again...taking up another half page! :rolleyes:

How is promoting a movie 'tacky' ? I'm not promoting my favorite top 10 movies of all time.. THAT would be the equivilent of what yours is..and yes, that would be tacky.

You're just programmed to accept the 'Religious Right' terminology from the Left wing media, and anyone who points out how one sided that is, you get all flustered. Same goes for the Left wing media reporting about 'Conservative' Republican Senator...or Congressman.... You'll never hear the same said about 'Liberal' Democrat Senator.... even though they're out there. The media is clearly favoring one side. Pretend it's not happening all you want, but that won't change the facts.

154098[/snapback]

And when anyone quotes' your post, there it is again...taking up another half page! 

I guess if I wasn't so darn quotable, this wouldn't be half as big a problem for you. :moon::big:

This is a forum of expression. I post primarily on the political forum. My sig line has social/political quotes. Frankly, I don't mind if you want to promote Cheetos and RC Cola, but if you're gonna start throwing stones, promoting a "product" on a forum is tackier than an effort to provoke thought.

Same goes for the Left wing media reporting about 'Conservative' Republican Senator...or Congressman.... You'll never hear the same said about 'Liberal' Democrat Senator.... even though they're out there. The media is clearly favoring one side.  Pretend it's not happening all you want, but that won't change the facts.

Keep kidding yourself, but here are some facts for ya. I googled "liberal democratic senator" which came back with 3,030 entries.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=...%22&btnG=Search

"Liberal Democrat Senator" adds another 408.

"Liberal Senator" has 72,300 entries:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-...G=Google+Search

"Conservative Republcan Senator" has only 654.

Then I googled "conservative senator" which only had 15,900 entries:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-...G=Google+Search

Ok , how many newspapers and news media are their that favor republicans or democrats

New York Times-Liberal

La Times - Liberal

MSNBC-LIBERAL

CNN-LIBERAL

CANADA MEDIA-LIBERAL

FRENCH- LIBERAL

"And the Pharisees and the scribes asked Him, "Why do Your disciples not live according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with hands defiled?" And He said to them, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, 'This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me; in vain do they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.' You leave the Commandment of God, and hold fast the tradition of men." And He said to them, "You have a fine way of rejecting the Commandment of God, in order to keep your tradition!" (Mark 7:5-9 RSV)

"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." Hermann Goering at the Nuremberg Trials

"When I fed the poor, they called me a saint. When I asked why are the poor hungry, they called me a communist." Dom Helder Camara, archbishop of Sao Paolo

"If the Americans go in and overthrow Saddam Hussein and it's clean, he has nothing, I will apologize to the nation, and I will not trust the Bush Administration again, all right?" Bill O'Reilly

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt

That's just ridiculous. Period

"And the Pharisees and the scribes asked Him, "Why do Your disciples not live according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with hands defiled?" And He said to them, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, 'This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me; in vain do they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.' You leave the Commandment of God, and hold fast the tradition of men." And He said to them, "You have a fine way of rejecting the Commandment of God, in order to keep your tradition!" (Mark 7:5-9 RSV)

"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." Hermann Goering at the Nuremberg Trials

"When I fed the poor, they called me a saint. When I asked why are the poor hungry, they called me a communist." Dom Helder Camara, archbishop of Sao Paolo

"If the Americans go in and overthrow Saddam Hussein and it's clean, he has nothing, I will apologize to the nation, and I will not trust the Bush Administration again, all right?" Bill O'Reilly

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt

154112[/snapback]

you get all flustered

Who's flustered? :roflol::roflol:

You're very controlling and judgmental, aren't you? Obsessing over another's sig line. :no::no:

154112[/snapback]

you get all flustered

You're very controlling and judgmental, aren't you? Obsessing over another's sig line. :no::no:

154114[/snapback]

I command you to redo your sig. Obey me, NOW!

154112[/snapback]

you get all flustered

154114[/snapback]

I command you to redo your sig. Obey me, NOW!

154115[/snapback]

Well, if you put it that way...

Don't worry, I'll change a few quotes out one of these days.

Well, if you put it that way...

Don't worry, I'll change a few quotes out one of these days.

Heh heh. I just wanted to see what it was like to be the kind of person you try to portray me as. Maybe you really see me as that , or not, it makes no difference. Keep adding / taking away quotes to your sig as you see fit. It's what helps make you..........unique. :D

Archived