Prayer request

Tiger in Spain

One of my former sailors, Ricky Pruitt, died of cancer this past Friday. He was 23 years old and went to school at Etowah High School with Carnell Williams.

I was with him the day he found out he had cancer. The whole office was out playing basketball one evening after work and he took a slap to the arm. He fell to the court and was in excruciating pain. I thought he might have fractured his arm by the way he was acting. Anyway, he went to the doctor and after a series of tests was diagnosed with cancer. I'm not sure the medical term for the type of cancer he had, but it was in his muscle tissue and had pretty much spread throughout his body by the time it was discovered.

He fought it for 2 years and passed at home with his wife and family there at his side.

Please remember his family in your prayers. Say one for me, too. I thought the world of this young man.

Man, that's tragic. Such a young age. Just goes to show you that everyone needs to live life to the fullest and take nothing for granted...

I will be praying for him and for you TiS...His family as well!

Prayers sent...

But maybe he is in a better place and feels no pain now.

Life here on earth is short, time in heaven is forever. Remember, maybe you will get to meet him again up there someday.

Archived