Alabama High School Playoffs thread

corchjay

Lee at Auburn High

McGill-Toolin at Central 

Mountain Brook at Hoover

Hewitt-Trussville at Thompson

All games I think start at 7pm CST

Please update with scores and players of note from 7a games and players of other classes like Bo Nix

• ellitor changed the title to Alabama High School Playoffs thread

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminder. If you live in Alabama the Truessville-Thompson game will be shown on your local Bounce tv channel. To find Bounce in your area click on the link below, Click "Find Us" at the top of the web page, Click on the map of Alabama & find your market.  It will show the different channels for different providers. If you live in East Alabama/the Columbus Ga  market click on the map of Georgia & find your provider under Columbus.

Surprised @corchjay is not giving Trussville updates. Thompson leads 7-0. 7-0.

Central over McGill early 2nd quarter. Big catch by 2020 WR target EJ Williams on 4th down in the drive. quarter.

7-0 Mountain Brook over Hoover. 2nd quarter.

McGill stops Central on downs inside the 10 yard line. 7-0 Central at the half. Central had 2 TDs called back due to penalties.

Pinson Valley 20-12 over Muscle Shoals at the half. 

Sorry I was busy most of the first half of the Trussville game.  Was close but a costly fumble by JJ on a kickoff and what was a 3 point game with 2 minutes in the first half is now 23-7 Thompson at the half.  Thompson is doubling JJ every possession but he does have 3 receptions for 42 yards.

Tualia has hit 2 bombs on 3rd and long for TDs.  

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Surprised @corchjay is not giving Trussville updates. Thompson leads 7-0. 7-0.

Central over McGill early 2nd quarter. Big catch by 2020 WR target EJ Williams on 4th down in the drive. quarter.

7-0 Mountain Brook over Hoover. 2nd quarter.

I’m here now was having dinner with the family.  

EJ Williams and the WR from montevallo I expect to battle it out all next year for top WR honors in the state.  2 good sized possession type WRs.  

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

2 quick TDs for Hoover. They lead 21-10 late 2nd quarter.

Auburn leads Lee 3-0 at the half.

@ellitor any idea how Ashford and Pickens are doing tonight.  Very interested in how Ashford handles himself during the playoffs.  Because at this point I have seen him in 4 games and not sure he isn’t a little overrated 

29 minutes ago, corchjay said:

@ellitor any idea how Ashford and Pickens are doing tonight.  Very interested in how Ashford handles himself during the playoffs.  Because at this point I have seen him in 4 games and not sure he isn’t a little overrated 

Ashford to Pickens for TD’s of 37, 60, and 88 yards so far. 

10 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Good by Ashford or plays by Pickens?

Not at the game, so can’t answer, but Ashford also has two rushing touchdowns. Hoover up 45-17 in the 4th. 

Baby Tua outplaying Tyson like crazy tonight.  Just ripped off a 25 yard TD run after a Tyson interception.  Tualia is 12/18 175 yards on the night, Tyson is 10/29 99yards 2INT.  Thompson 30-7.  

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Thompson 30 HT 13

Johnson at 5 for 73.  52 yards from the single season state record 

Can they find him for a deep one? 

16 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Can they find him for a deep one? 

Not with the way Tyson is throwing tonight.  Guys wide open all night over throwing and under throwing all night. I think he’s like 13-34 with 3 Ints.  Thompson 37- HT 13.  Thompson has the ball but about 5 minutes to go 

edit he’s 13-35 and this is from a guy that has completed 70% of his passes on the season

Archived