Ex-Trump advisor Roger Stone arrested as part of Mueller probe

TitanTiger

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This is why Stone wasn't allowed to turn himself in or given notice.  Lots of evidence could have been destroyed with notice.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/31/politics/roger-stone-evidence-mueller/index.html

Still didn't take 29 agents and CNN

Seems I am not the only one questioning the FBI's tactics in arresting Stone.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/reps-jordan-and-meadows-join-call-for-fbi-to-explain-use-of-force-in-roger-stone-arrest

FWIW he pleaded not guilty today.

Two House Republicans jump to the support of a Trump campaign advisor?  Say it ain't so.  Shocking. <_<

Definitely something that calls the entire thing into question.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Two House Republicans jump to the support of a Trump campaign advisor?  Say it ain't so.  Shocking. <_<

Definitely something that calls the entire thing into question.

I don't see them as jumping to support Stone, just rightfully questioning the events of his arrest.

Being arrested is being arrested. 

Unless we are talking about the actual use of excessive force on the perpetrator, what does it really matter how how many people were involved? 

This is a manufactured controversy to create a diversion.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

I don't see them as jumping to support Stone, just rightfully questioning the events of his arrest.

He was arrested for criminal activity.  Unless they threw him to the ground and started beating and tasing him, I'm not really all that concerned that some people don't like the optics.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

He was arrested for criminal activity.  Unless they threw him to the ground and started beating and tasing him, I'm not really all that concerned that some people don't like the optics.

I bet you would be if it was somebody close to you. Seems to me with CNN getting 30 min. notice it was just the FBI wanting to make a show of it. No reason to scare the heck out of his wife like they did.

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I bet you would be if it was somebody close to you. Seems to me with CNN getting 30 min. notice it was just the FBI wanting to make a show of it. No reason to scare the heck out of his wife like they did.

If they did what he’s accused of, not really. 

41 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

If they did what he’s accused of, not really. 

Good thing he wasn’t slinging a little weed, cause this happens a lot when you do that. 

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Good thing he wasn’t slinging a little weed, cause this happens a lot when you do that. 

Cmon Dub.  Those are real criminals. 

Who cares about Stone right now. I am ecstatic as I saw the Tigers demolish bama tonight. The crowd was really into it. WDE!!!

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 12:32 PM, Brad_ATX said:

This is why Stone wasn't allowed to turn himself in or given notice.  Lots of evidence could have been destroyed with notice.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/31/politics/roger-stone-evidence-mueller/index.html

Since Stone has been predicting for months that he was going to be arrested, he has had more than enough time to destroy the evidence. If they actually had proof on this day he was going to destroy the evidence then this would make sense. Stone is no lily white angel but this was and is an intimidation tactic and was not needed. What was really sad is that CNN was there waiting. That means there was a leak and this was a publicity stunt which has no place in American jurisprudence.

If you buy the fact  that CNN had figured it out on its own on the day and time the raid was going to occur and no other news organization with access to same information was there then you are biased or naïve.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I don't understand the real life consequences of having his gag order "broadened", but I expected something a lot worse as punishment.

This just sounds like a do-over to me - a mulligan.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/21/roger-stone-gag-order-1179548

Judge broadens gag order against Roger Stone after Instagram post

The longtime Trump associate was trying to walk back an image that included what looked like crosshairs above the head of the federal judge overseeing his case.

Archived