Howard on Rush

Auburn85

Did anyone hear about Dean mocking Rush?

Howard pretended to be Rush snorting cocaine.

I don't like Rush. I don't listen to him.

This is coming from the leader of the Democratic Party. Also, he was doing this atan ACLU function. He got a big laugh from the audience.

Howard Dean is nuts. That scream he let out wasn't in the least bit taken out of context or unfairly played to show him in a negative light. He really is that unhinged.

It's no coincidence that his fans are called Deaniacs.

Did anyone hear about Dean mocking Rush?

Howard pretended to be Rush snorting cocaine.

I don't like Rush. I don't listen to him.

This is coming from the leader of the Democratic Party. Also, he was doing this atan ACLU function. He got a big laugh from the audience.

156704[/snapback]

Where would we have heard this? Where would we have read this? Where would we have seen this?

http://www.startribune.com/dynamic/story.p...a&story=5360513

Howard Dean warns of danger in Iraq pullout

Conrad Defiebre 

Star Tribune 

Published April 21, 2005 

Howard Dean came to Minnesota Wednesday evening without the scream that ended his 2004 presidential campaign, or the anti-Iraq war rhetoric that started it.

"Now that we're there, we're there and we can't get out," he told an audience of nearly 1,000 at the Minneapolis Convention Center. "The president has created an enormous security problem for the United States where none existed before. But I hope the president is incredibly successful with his policy now that he's there."

An American pullout could endanger the United States in any of three ways, Dean said: by leaving a Shiite theocracy worse than that in Iran, which he called a more serious threat than Iraq ever was; by creating an independent Kurdistan in the north, with destabilizing effects on neighboring Kurdish regions of Turkey, Iran and Syria, and by making the Sunni Triangle a magnet for Islamic terrorists similar to the former Taliban-ruled Afghanistan. "That's where Al Qaida will set up," he said.

Dean, the new chairman of the Democratic National Committee, spoke at a benefit for the American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota, even though he noted that as Vermont governor, "I got sued by the ACLU." Charles Samuelson, the local unit's executive director, said Wednesday's event raised about $40,000.

Between a speech he delivered without notes and a question-answer session, Dean regaled an appreciative audience for nearly 90 minutes without once raising his voice, as he did after last year's Iowa primary election. But he did draw howls of laughter by mimicking a drug-snorting Rush Limbaugh.

"I'm not very dignified," he said. "But I'm not running for president anymore." In fact, as part of his commitment to lead the party for the next four years, he has sworn not to seek any office until after 2008.

Dean, 56, outlined his strategy for returning Democrats to electoral success in campaigns large and small. "We need to get organized in all 50 states," he said. "You can't win the presidency if you're an 18-state party. I truly believe this is a Democratic country -- with a big D."

Beyond that, he said, Democrats have to learn how to speak from the heart and with respect to Americans who have found more comfort in Republican appeals to their fears about their jobs, health care, schools and national security.

Conrad deFiebre is at cdefiebre@startribune.com.

© Copyright 2005 Star Tribune. All rights reserved. 

And then there's Howard Dean. Speaking at an ACLU (search) benefit, the head of the Democratic Party mocked commentator Rush Limbaugh (search) and pantomimed him snorting cocaine. We'll play you some of that in just a few moments. Like Kinsley, Dean did this for absolutely no reason other than to denigrate Mr. Limbaugh, and that's immature and irresponsible.

Once again, imagine the head of the Republican Party did something like that to a prominent Democrat. You'd hear the screaming all the way from Hollywood to Boston. "Talking Points" is well aware that ideological bomb throwers on both sides do stuff like this all the time in order to make money. Smearing pays well in America and these media guttersnipes are all over the place. But Kinsley and Dean are in positions of responsibility. They are not gadflies. If a major newspaper editor and the head of the DNC are allowed to use their power to injure and insult, then this country is in big trouble.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,154294,00.html

Shame on Howard...shame, shame. Of course, if Limbaugh didn't want to be made fun of for being a drug addict, maybe he shouldn't have made fun of drug addicts while he himself was one, right?

Shame on Howard...shame, shame. Of course, if Limbaugh didn't want to be made fun of for being a drug addict, maybe he shouldn't have made fun of drug addicts while he himself was one, right?

156725[/snapback]

I'm not defending Rush for mocking drug addicts...but I do think there is a difference between some talk radio jock being inappropriate or rude and the leader of the Democratic Party doing something like that. I hold people in positions of leadership to a slightly higher standard.

Whenever I see Hitler or Nazi comparisons in a political debate, I remember a tradition based on Godwin's Law. First, Godwin's Law:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

The tradition the grew from that was (from Wikipedia):

"Many people have extended Godwin's law to imply that the invoking of the Nazis as a debating tactic (in any argument not directly related to World War II or the Holocaust) automatically loses the argument, simply because the nature of these events is such that any comparison to any event less serious than genocide or extinction is invalid and in poor taste."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

I pretty much view it as an act of desperation in virtually any debate thread.

156725[/snapback]

I thought he was addicted to painkillers, not cocaine. :rolleyes:

156725[/snapback]

Justifying bad behavior with bad behavior.... good rebuttle :rolleyes:

Where would we have heard this? Where would we have read this? Where would we have seen this?

referring that Rush was addicted to cocaine :poke:

156725[/snapback]

Justifying bad behavior with bad behavior.... good rebuttle :rolleyes:

156742[/snapback]

No justification...Howard should know better by now that people pay attention to what he says and does. I was equally outraged, as I'm sure you were, too, at Vice President Dick Cheney's profanity-laced verbal attack on Sen. Patrick Leahy when he said, "**** yourself." See, it's so bad that it can't even be repeated here without the little star thingy's!!!

156743[/snapback]

Any drug rehab counselor will tell you...A drug is a drug is a drug. Trying to say that one addiction is worse than another is simply denial of the problem itself.

Hmmmm....I wonder what Rush would have done had it been the other way around and Dean had been the one with the drug problem?

Maybe if Rush was in a mellow mood, all he'd do is introduce every segment on Dean from now on with a snippet of the Beatles singing, "I get High--I get High--I get HIIIIIIIIIIIGH....". Or maybe vacuum cleaner sound effects would be more in order.

Conservatives dish it out all the time, but they can't take it. Once the other side stops singing Kumbaya songs and fights back, we get all this boo-hooing about the sudden lack of civility. What did you expect?

156743[/snapback]

Any drug rehab counselor will tell you...A drug is a drug is a drug. Trying to say that one addiction is worse than another is simply denial of the problem itself.

156747[/snapback]

So I guess Rush took the painkillers via the nose.

156743[/snapback]

156747[/snapback]

So I guess Rush took the painkillers via the nose.

156755[/snapback]

I don't know nor do I care how he took them.

156717[/snapback]

Good point - you won't hear any of this in the MSM!! (Mainstream media) Heaven forbid they bash Dean, since he IS the leader of their favored political party. But just let Karl Rove or any other Republican do this and STEP BACK lest the wave of red-hot media wrath engulf you...

As someone else pointed out, I expect a GREAT deal more from the elected leader of one of the two major political parties in this country than I do from a talk radio guy, regardless of political affiliation. I am SO sure Al Franken has been nothing but courteous and polite and respectful of Pres Bush and the Republicans on Air America - you certainly never seem to hear anything about what he says, do you?? Gee, I wonder why... :rolleyes:

Here's a little tidbit - all in good clean fun, huh???

Franken's Air America Web page features, "COMEDY BIT: THE BUSH-SATAN CONNECTION: From Friday's The Al Franken Show, Al and Katherine discuss the possible connection between Bush...and SATAN. DUN dun dun." See: www.airamericaradio.com

156717[/snapback]

Good point - you won't hear any of this in the MSM!! (Mainstream media) Heaven forbid they bash Dean, since he IS the leader of their favored political party. But just let Karl Rove or any other Republican do this and STEP BACK lest the wave of red-hot media wrath engulf you...

156773[/snapback]

Ooops...Jenny heard that bell ring!!! Actually, I checked the internet right before I posted that at 9:33 AM and at that time...I just checked again...there was no mention anywhere. I Googled "Dean" "Limbaugh" "ACLU" and "Cocaine." Oh no! The ENTIRE internet is "the media" and are out to get conservatives!

Really, Jenny, you're better than that.

156717[/snapback]

156773[/snapback]

Ooops...Jenny heard that bell ring!!! Actually, I checked the internet right before I posted that at 9:33 AM and at that time...I just checked again...there was no mention anywhere. I Googled "Dean" "Limbaugh" "ACLU" and "Cocaine." Oh no! The ENTIRE internet is "the media" and are out to get conservatives!

156777[/snapback]

I don't get your point - in fact, you seem to be supporting mine. I am saying that there is NO mention of this story anywhere except conservative sites. The chairman of the Democratic party makes a personal and unwarranted and fairly low-rent attack on someone and gets no coverage and no recrimination. On the other hand, Dick Cheney uses a "bad word" on the floor of the Senate after session and during a personal conversation with a Senator and it is splashed all over the networks, the Internet, the news magazines, and editorials. It's all a matter of perspective, huh? I googled cheney, pat leahy, senate floor and even after months have passed, I still got over 10,000 hits.

Howard "hitlary" Dean is the BEST thing to happen to the REPUBLICAN Party in a long time.

The Country can look at this moron and see what the libbys are all about !! :D

156717[/snapback]

156773[/snapback]

156777[/snapback]

I don't get your point - in fact, you seem to be supporting mine. I am saying that there is NO mention of this story anywhere except conservative sites. The chairman of the Democratic party makes a personal and unwarranted and fairly low-rent attack on someone and gets no coverage and no recrimination. On the other hand, Dick Cheney uses a "bad word" on the floor of the Senate after session and during a personal conversation with a Senator and it is splashed all over the networks, the Internet, the news magazines, and editorials. It's all a matter of perspective, huh? I googled cheney, pat leahy, senate floor and even after months have passed, I still got over 10,000 hits.

156781[/snapback]

So Fox and The Star Tribune are the only remaining conservative strongholds in cyberspace? The funny thing is...I had to check again...it's not even on Limbaugh's site, at least not the free section. You'll have to look in the premium section for us. NewsMax doesn't have it...have they gone pinko? Are they now in collusion with "the media?" Same thing with Townhall. It's not on Drudge, either!!! My God!!! "The media" REALLY HAS TAKEN OVER!!!!!!!! "The media" has blacked this story out and it's now become a whitewash of unprecedented proportions!!!

156717[/snapback]

156773[/snapback]

156777[/snapback]

156781[/snapback]

So Fox and The Star Tribune are the only remaining conservative strongholds in cyberspace? The funny thing is...I had to check again...it's not even on Limbaugh's site, at least not the free section. You'll have to look in the premium section for us. NewsMax doesn't have it...have they gone pinko? Are they now in collusion with "the media?" Same thing with Townhall. It's not on Drudge, either!!! My God!!! "The media" REALLY HAS TAKEN OVER!!!!!!!! "The media" has blacked this story out and it's now become a whitewash of unprecedented proportions!!!

156785[/snapback]

I think I am FINALLY getting your point - that even the conservative sites aren't mentioning it? Well, maybe not anymore, as the event occurred yesterday, but it WAS on Drudge - that is where I read it.

Fine, so no conservative WEB SITES posted the story. Big deal - you are still missing my point - ABC, NBC, CBS - THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA - all passed on the story - only Fox saw fit to publish. Still a double standard.

What really chaps me is that Dean is a DOCTOR. Don't most libbies say, as even you pointed out above Al, that an addiction is a disease? So much for Howie's Hipocratic Oath, huh? Mr. Compassion... If this had been DOCTOR Senator Bill Frist making fun of fat pinko boy Michael Moore's cholesterol, we'd have breaking news reports from Wolf Blitzer.

As one blog stated:

Keep in mind that this is the same guy who said Osama Bin Laden deserved a fair trial.  How fitting and illustrative is it that the head of the DNC has more concern for due process and compassion for a terrorist who has killed thousands of Americans (and wants to kill millions) than he does for an American talk radio host who disagrees with him politically.

Why is Dean even talking about Limbaugh? :rolleyes:

Maybe O'Reilly will be next :lol:

And O'Reilly does criticize conservatives. He's beating into the ground about illegal immigration, and picking on Jeb Bush and Florida on how they protect children. He didn't take up for Delay, unlike Hannity.

And about double standard(already been mentioned before) , but it's ok for Dean to make a comment about conservatives would have to bring in the hotel staff to bring blacks in their party, but yet Dean had not 1 black in his cabinet as Governor. Double Standard?

156717[/snapback]

156773[/snapback]

156777[/snapback]

156781[/snapback]

156785[/snapback]

I think I am FINALLY getting your point - that even the conservative sites aren't mentioning it? Well, maybe not anymore, as the event occurred yesterday, but it WAS on Drudge - that is where I read it.

Fine, so no conservative WEB SITES posted the story. Big deal - you are still missing my point - ABC, NBC, CBS - THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA - all passed on the story - only Fox saw fit to publish. Still a double standard.

What really chaps me is that Dean is a DOCTOR. Don't most libbies say, as even you pointed out above Al, that an addiction is a disease? So much for Howie's Hipocratic Oath, huh? Mr. Compassion... If this had been DOCTOR Senator Bill Frist making fun of fat pinko boy Michael Moore's cholesterol, we'd have breaking news reports from Wolf Blitzer.

As one blog stated:

Keep in mind that this is the same guy who said Osama Bin Laden deserved a fair trial.  How fitting and illustrative is it that the head of the DNC has more concern for due process and compassion for a terrorist who has killed thousands of Americans (and wants to kill millions) than he does for an American talk radio host who disagrees with him politically.

156791[/snapback]

It's today here, too, and it was mentioned. Big stories last longer than 24 hrs. and maybe this isn't one of them. The secondary point I was making, which I assume you missed, is that liberal, I mean VERY liberal, sites aren't giving this any play, either. Is it possible that maybe, just maybe, "the media" (and most everybody else) felt like there were more important stories to spend time on than this. Is it possible that "ditto-heads" are maybe being a little hypersensitive and hypercritical of this non-story?

As for the blog snippet, I don't get the outrage. First, any freedom-loving, law-abiding American should, without question, demand that Osama bin Laden receive a fair trial. If not, that speaks very poorly of that persons view of America and what the rest of us stand for.

Second, again, Limbaugh opened himself up to ridicule when he saw fit to berate drug addicts when he himself is one.

Ok, then why was this Jeff Gannon story such a big hit?

It wasn't like he was taking up half of the press conference. I personally don't think he should have been given the chance to ask questions almost every time he was there.

The Tom Delay story is real big too. While I don't defend him, he's not the only one who keeps it in the family.

The Bush tapes that a friend had secretly recorded? The media played with that for a while.

The media didn't look into Kerry's military background as much as they did Bush.

FOX had to lead the way on the OIL FOR FOOD. The others slowly lacked behind.

Archived