Up next: Arkansas

aucanucktiger

IMHO, 2 teams coming off anomaly games - Arky is not as good as their 1 TD win vs a Miss State squad that punked LSUs media-darling D backs in Baton Rouge a week earlier. Then again we're not as dreadful as that first half in Athens either, but that's what showing up unprepared against a top 3 team on the road looks like. Truly a no win situation for Auburn: the Pittmen are still in everyones' mind as a program that's been legendarily inept going on 4 seasons.

All eyes should be on CRGs guys this weekend. Wouldn't want to bet on this one.

I’m still not really sure what to make of Arkansas. It’s clear that we’re better than last year but that isn’t saying much. We held Georgia to less than 3 YPC and led 7-5 at halftime but their QB play was awful in the first half until they switched to Bennett, and then we held Mississippi State to 14 points but Leach is known for laying an egg every now and then.

I think we’ll be competitive but Auburn has more talent than MSU and it’s hard to win back to back road games in the SEC. I do think our players may be up for playing against Morris but AU probably pulls away in the second half and wins by a few scores.

15 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

I’m still not really sure what to make of Arkansas. It’s clear that we’re better than last year but that isn’t saying much. We held Georgia to less than 3 YPC and led 7-5 at halftime but their QB play was awful in the first half until they switched to Bennett, and then we held Mississippi State to 14 points but Leach is known for laying an egg every now and then.

I think we’ll be competitive but Auburn has more talent than MSU and it’s hard to win back to back road games in the SEC. I do think our players may be up for playing against Morris but AU probably pulls away in the second half and wins by a few scores.

Good to see ya around Hogs.

Vegas knows something based off that line that came out.  They wouldn’t just give away free money like that.  

Auburn 33 - Arkansas 10.  Return of the running game(hopefully).

Might be playing this in the middle of a tropical storm which could be interesting.

4 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Vegas knows something based off that line that came out.  They wouldn’t just give away free money like that.  

Auburn 33 - Arkansas 10.  Return of the running game(hopefully).

Might be playing this in the middle of a tropical storm which could be interesting.

The coaching strategy has to be physicality in the trenches on both sides. We must hammer that home. We were very soft vs uga. Not many UGA’s on our schedule, thank goodness. But our bigs must play harder. 

If you watched highlights from MSU-LSU, you could see what was coming. It seemed like on every big MSU O play, a LSU defender had a hand on MSU's QB when he threw. One more step and it's a total reversal of the play outcome. I've not seen the game, but the number of TO's makes me think Ark schemed to get more than a hand on the QB and it worked. 

1 hour ago, TigerHorn said:

If you watched highlights from MSU-LSU, you could see what was coming. It seemed like on every big MSU O play, a LSU defender had a hand on MSU's QB when he threw. One more step and it's a total reversal of the play outcome. I've not seen the game, but the number of TO's makes me think Ark schemed to get more than a hand on the QB and it worked. 

Actually we didn’t apply much pressure at all, only rushed three 99% of the time and put 8 back in zone and Costello threw it right to a defender several times. It helped that Kylin Hill was out so when they tried to run the ball it didn’t go very far.

11 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

You are the most realistic college football fan I’ve ever seen on a message board. 

22 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

You are the most realistic college football fan I’ve ever seen on a message board. 

The past three years will do that to you lol. Almost forgot what an SEC win felt like.

3 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

The past three years will do that to you lol. Almost forgot what an SEC win felt like.

Well, glad to have you on here.  As long as the UA you pull for is for Arkansas and not that other UA school we all good. 😁

1 hour ago, gohogs14 said:

I feel like the AU-Arkansas betting line opened so large because of Arkansas injuries. Any news on Boyd and Burks ?

17 hours ago, AUBourne said:

I feel like the AU-Arkansas betting line opened so large because of Arkansas injuries. Any news on Boyd and Burks ?

Pittman is being coy about injuries but it sounds like Boyd is questionable but leaning out and Burks should be good to go but may not play as much as usual.

Our best DE is also still out, he missed the game against MSU as well. We actually won despite both starting DEs being out but the other one should be back Saturday.

As an Arkansas fan, we're pretty excited with how we've played the first 2 games of the season. Many thought we were going to go O-for again for a third consecutive year in conference play. Now, it's the SEC and we could still go 1-9 but that's an improvement from the past couple of years. I agree with gohogs14 in how we've played so far. Clearly we're playing better than the last 2 years. Our D is much improved but how much of that was a UGA team trying to figure out their QB situation and how much of it was Miss st still hungover from their surprise win over LSU? Don't really know, likely a mix of the 2 but Miss St has crushed us the past couple of years and put up 50+ on us. Our offense still appears to be struggling with some things but I think we've improved again from last years team just not quite as much as our D has improved. We have some talent in some positions (as has already been mentioned Boyd and Burks are really good) but across the board talent and depth you guys certainly have us there just like us against UGA. We're clearly underdogs in this game and I'm not delusional enough to think we're going to come in and beat you guys. I do think we'll have a little more fight in us than the past couple of years and hopefully can make it a fun/competitive game to watch. I know that doesn't bode well for you guys as on paper and based on recruiting classes, ya'll should beat us handily but an optimistic hog fan can hope right. Anyway good luck this weekend and hope it's a good game.

2 hours ago, psychhog said:

ya'll should beat us handily

We ain't gonna' beat anybody "handily" this year. I won't be surprised if we lose to ya'll, TBH

We are the most undisciplined, unprepared, softest team in the SEC at the moment. We are also dead last in the country in 3rd down defense. We did not score a TD in the last game and needed 3 turnovers to beat KY. 
That is where we are at the moment. This will be the best chance for ark to beat us in years. 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

We are the most undisciplined, unprepared, softest team in the SEC at the moment. We are also dead last in the country in 3rd down defense. We did not score a TD in the last game and needed 3 turnovers to beat KY. 
That is where we are at the moment. This will be the best chance for ark to beat us in years. 

Now I can't disagree with you. Our chances are better this year than they've been in years past. I was just saying that on paper, it would appear you guys should beat us handily. I think we'll play with a little more fire than we have in recent years and be more competitive than our past 2 beatdowns we've received from you guys. Back to back road wins for us is a stretch following 2 years of winless SEC play. But our team is certainly improved this year.

Archived