Fox News Now Too Liberal

AUFriction

I never thought I’d see the day, but Trump and his supporters are now calling Fox News too liberal and are starting to watch some Breitbart-esque network that I’ve never heard of before called Newsmax. 

6 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I never thought I’d see the day, but Trump and his supporters are now calling Fox News too liberal and are starting to watch some Breitbart-esque network that I’ve never heard of before called Newsmax. 

OANN and Newsmax are the future, for better or for worse. 

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

OANN and Newsmax are the future, for better or for worse. 

I don’t see them replacing Fox News outright. Fox’s pockets are too deep. Maybe Fox News moves more centrist?

18 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I don’t see them replacing Fox News outright. Fox’s pockets are too deep. Maybe Fox News moves more centrist?

Fox being right or center-right would be fine.  Almost all they need to do is rein in the rumor-mongering bull**** their primetime opinion hosts and morning show people put out there.  When you have to lie, exaggerate, treat rumor as fact as much as those guys do, it sends an implicit message to people that actually pay attention:  Conservative ideas and issues cannot be advocated for on their own merits - they must be augmented by falsehoods to be convincing.  I don't believe that message is true, but when you consistently reach for garbage ways to push your ideas, that's what you're telling people.

On 11/12/2020 at 10:38 AM, AUFriction said:

Fox made the mistake of letting some facts get through. Facts that Republicans don't like to confront mean Fox told enough truth to be liberal. Republican definition of liberal? "If I don't like it, it must be liberal."

Archived